[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

I seem to have hit a wall around Tier 8 maps. I don't feel like I do enough damage (versus bosses at least) and bosses just obliterate me. I realize I don't have the best gear, but I'm not really sure what improvements to make to get noticeable improvements. Anyone got any tips?
"
everix1992 wrote:
I seem to have hit a wall around Tier 8 maps. I don't feel like I do enough damage (versus bosses at least) and bosses just obliterate me. I realize I don't have the best gear, but I'm not really sure what improvements to make to get noticeable improvements. Anyone got any tips?

Get better claws(even though im' not sure ToA is better than the rare one i have), phys dmg on gloves, and unset rings (for haste/blood rage), crit on your amulet. Maybe phys % / WED on your belt, but seems like Say_Ten's says a defensive belt is better (i'd like to see why).

I'm ripping to every boss at least once on t9-t10 because i don't know them, resulting in a negative XP gain :D I think the optimal way is just doing the map and not the boss once you know which ones are hard.
Last edited by Saucette69 on Sep 18, 2017, 6:56:38 AM
"
deadamaranth wrote:
Haha, I suck so much... Tried a corrupted Poorjoy's. After my third death I realized I'm not ready. :p

I think I may be getting too old for these kinds of games, haha! Well, better stick with white n yellow maps for now and watch the mods!! I REALLY need better gear. Never gonna hit 90 at this rate! Perseverance!

poorjoy's is no fucking joke. i run that map carefully. you have to whirl and insta-fuck packs, the most dangerous things being corpse explosions from the labcoat guys since the monsters have a lot of life. otherwise you can use LS from a distance but just ALWAYS BEWARE OF THE CORPSES. especially if you get hit by one of those vulnerability whippers, you're dead in one shot without a lot of life.

but yes, you should work on the gear a bit. i can help you level if you need to. hit me up.
"
QWXJ wrote:

I did this ups for 1 weeks ago

Im more powerful after from ur advices.

My first month passed on game. Still i dont know much that game, but at least i know what i want to make.
I like to farm currency and trading system of game. So i made 80 exalted orb at 200hour(with lucky crafts and 2 the doctor). But Im in trouble with reflects.. Always im dying to reflects. what I should make for more resistant against reflects ?

Also i want to make a more good Gear set. I made one 6L Atz.Splendour. (i was see one expensive gear set on comments). So can u give me advice to make set with 50 - 60 exalted orb ? or not need to spent much for this build?

With regard to reflect, make sure you are using Yugul for your Pantheon and make sure you keep fortify up. Also, hit phys ref monsters with LS and ele ref monsters with DS. Also, don't run reflect maps. You can, but it's like temp chains...why bother? Just re-roll if possible. However, if you are extremely determine, you can run phys ref maps (despite the high damage you are doing) if keep fortify up and all your flasks (including taste of hate) up at the same time. I ran a phys ref palace the other day and it was aids but I did it just to prove a point.

As far as crazy gear, pick up a set of Atziri's Acuity and invest a little more in leech. You may even be able to rock a good-rolled abyssus if you are insta-leeching. Otherwise any good helm will do. GG rares though. 400-500pdps claws with crit, crit multi, fast attack speed <3
"
iveldraw wrote:
increased Immortal Call Duration on BoR a good choice for us or trying again?

fine for now but there are way better ones. ideally an enchant for either of your two attack skills.
"
Saucette69 wrote:
"
everix1992 wrote:

Get better claws(even though im' not sure ToA is better than the rare one i have), phys dmg on gloves, and unset rings (for haste/blood rage), crit on your amulet. Maybe phys % / WED on your belt, but seems like Say_Ten's says a defensive belt is better (i'd like to see why).

I'm ripping to every boss at least once on t9-t10 because i don't know them, resulting in a negative XP gain :D I think the optimal way is just doing the map and not the boss once you know which ones are hard.

Thank you.

Also, not sure what, specifically, you guys are dying to. Some bosses are just AIDS but usually it's a matter of not running shitty map mods if you don't have to.

Feel free to hit me up in game (either of you) and I can help.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Also, not sure what, specifically, you guys are dying to. Some bosses are just AIDS but usually it's a matter of not running shitty map mods if you don't have to.

About t9_t10, Shore, Port, Promenade and Coves are very easy, you can kite the boss with LS and fight them separately.

I don't remember the names but :

- the red kamehameha from the Malformation map, i guess i should just perma Jump instead of trying to face tank it, it kills you in 1,5s
- RiftWalker, i think i died 3 times first encounter, then i die around 1 time, the degen from his AoE is quite fast
- Poorjoy : "hey dude here is a t9 unique" *eyes shine* "DIE B*TCH"
- hall of grandmasters : i don't get this one
- Crypt_Map : i get os by the dark projectiles this skele boss throws, i think there is another map with a similar boss.

Overall, i think it's just my understanding of the game that is pretty basic since i started few weeks ago, but being stuck on xp just because the game punishes your knowledge is...quite retarded from GGG. It makes you run maps without doing bosses if you want to optimize your leveling.

I avoid Phys reflect/hard maps with temporal chains or enfeeble, not sure if i should avoid more.
Last edited by Saucette69 on Sep 18, 2017, 7:32:48 AM
"
Saucette69 wrote:

About t9_t10, Shore, Port, Promenade and Coves are very easy, you can kite the boss with LS and fight them separately.

I don't remember the names but :

- the red kamehameha from the Malformation map, i guess i should just perma Jump instead of trying to face tank it, it kills you in 1,5s
- RiftWalker, i think i died 3 times first encounter, then i die around 1 time, the degen from his AoE is quite fast
- Poorjoy : "hey dude here is a t9 unique" *eyes shine* "DIE B*TCH"
- hall of grandmasters : i don't get this one
- Crypt_Map : i get os by the dark projectiles this skele boss throws, i think there is another map with a similar boss.

Overall, i think it's just my understanding of the game that is pretty basic since i started few weeks ago, but being stuck on xp just because the game punishes your knowledge is...quite retarded from GGG. It makes you run maps without doing bosses if you want to optimize your leveling.

I avoid Phys reflect/hard maps with temporal chains or enfeeble, not sure if i should avoid more.

until you are stronger, dont run those bosses maps again, especially if you already have credit. you should be sustaining your map pool no problem. if you're running out of maps somehow, hit me up and i can give you some. more specifically with those bosses, some are shitty and/or you're not killing them fast enough, which isn't necessarily your fault. especially malformation piety with the boss life buffs in 3.0. gotta be able to whirl away from or through her shit if you can't kill her fast enough. crypt boss, stay behind a pillar til he uses that shit skill and then go fuck him up.

you should not be attempting the hall of grandmasters, especially if you've only been playing for a few weeks and even more especially because this build isn't geared toward PvP, which HoG kinda is. that map has some insane exiles...crazy life/ES regen, crazy block, crazy reflect, etc.

other map mods you may want to avoid:

elemental weakness if your resists are JUST AT 75% and not over that

vulnerability, especially in higher tier maps, since if you get hit and you're not using your flasks like a MFer, you're asking for trouble. plus you'll take more damage from blood rage.

60% less recovery of life and mana...also sucks for blood rage...so if i run this or vulnerability maps, i usually don't use blood rage

and the rest is just combos of stuff. like if you have an already shitty boss and roll a map with enfeeble + more monster life + more boss life, you'll be sitting there for a long goddamn time, basically making yourself vulnerable to more mistakes or getting hit.

however, you can literally run any map mods with this build if you have the right flasks and you know what you're doing and you are being careful.
Bruh. So this was my first ever build in PoE. My girl wanted to try leveling another char because she was disappointed with hers, so I picked up Dark Pact and got a massive hardon for it. I loved it so much I tried two different builds. The second sucked a fat cock, so I killed it and came back to this guy.

Holy absolute shit. I forgot how fucking rad this dude is. At lvl 55, even with moderately decent gear for the level and the approximate life pool of a baby with polio, my life leech is already so fast that I can face tank anything that doesn't one-shot me...assuming I don't lose focus and start attacking the air because everything dies so goddamned fast.

I need to get some better life rolls, but otherwise this is one of the most fun builds I've seen to date. Fuck the meta (whatever that is); this right here is the bidness.
Is there anyone doing this build 85+ level at the moment ?
Last edited by Prof_Koala on Sep 18, 2017, 3:10:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info