[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
What would the appropriate stats be on the belly and helm? im assuming life/res and crit?

assuming we are ignoring weird shit like corrupted mods, shaped/elder items, etc:

belly of the beast, being unique, always has the same stats with slightly varying rolls. a high life roll would be most important but you can use the same logic i suggest with BoR. you can buy whatever and maybe try it with a 5L setup for awhile until you grind enough currency to buy a better one and 6L it.

for the helm, i like starkonja's hood. rat's nest is also great but doesn't have life on it. abyssus will make you take more damage, and honestly i would only pair that with lightning coil. if you want a rare helm, find something that has a double (high) life roll, two resists that are 40% or higher, and then either a really high accuracy roll or even a really high INT roll. if you go with a rare helm like this, you will free up suffixes on your other gear for more accuracy, crit, crit multi, etc.
Could you use koams roots, use reave instead of fb/ds and put in BF for bosses? how good would that be
Thank you so much for this build man.

As a new player (began this league) I went for shadow and assassin because didn't know any better and it seemed cool. My initial build was based on blade vortex and I began having massive problems in low tier maps and their bosses. Went googling a bit for a better assassin build, found this and wow man this build is so much fun and so much better what I had before. Completed uber lab last night first try too.

But I have some issues. I feel I havent quite still grasped this build completely and Im sure it could be better for me. Could anyone knowledgeable please check on my gear and tell what I could improve? I have decent currency so I dont mind expensive suggestions or something to strive for.

"
Daaaavid wrote:

But I have some issues. I feel I havent quite still grasped this build completely and Im sure it could be better for me. Could anyone knowledgeable please check on my gear and tell what I could improve? I have decent currency so I dont mind expensive suggestions or something to strive for.

Replace mana flask with another defensive flask like Basalt Flask. You will have pretty good defenses with Basalt, Rumi, and ToH running. You get decent mana leech from claw node, mana flask generally isn't necessary even with double reserve cost.

Don't forget to fill up jewel slots with nice life rolls to help live.

Besides that, the main stuff missing from gear is damage. Gloves could have higher damage and attack speed, amulet is ok but is missing high flat damage roll, etc. I'd probably start and spend some money to get a really nice belt with plenty of life, dual res, flask duration, and elemental damage with attacks. Maybe fix gloves with a bit more damage + AS and go from there.
What do you guys think about using Reave / bloodseeker like this video suggests?

https://youtu.be/_9zF1aUkX68

For the most part same tree as our build. I heard blood seeker is really insane and allows you to face tank anything that doesn't one shot.

Uses temp chain as aura,very interesting.
Last edited by hitmantb on Mar 27, 2018, 1:32:21 AM
"
domelious wrote:
Could you use koams roots, use reave instead of fb/ds and put in BF for bosses? how good would that be

i mean, sure, all of those things would work. if you dont want to use your secondary attack or care about CWDT for bosses, then the boots would be an easy swap.

reave's damage has suffered since 4-5 major updates ago but it would still do a lot of damage with this build. BF works pretty directly too, i just hate the way it feels, but conversely its damage is high.
"
hitmantb wrote:
What do you guys think about using Reave / bloodseeker like this video suggests?

For the most part same tree as our build. I heard blood seeker is really insane and allows you to face tank anything that doesn't one shot.

had a guy last league using a bloodseeker with vaal pact before they nerfed it a little and he said he was getting 7k life per second back. as silly as it is, i still haven't tried it.
Thanks for this Build @Say_Ten.

Got level 89 for the first time and now I started to struggle to level up.
I'm trying to improve my gear but better than this become really expensive and currency is a problem for me right now.

Do you have any tip about which map mod this build should avoid?

"
julianlazare wrote:
Thanks for this Build @Say_Ten.

Got level 89 for the first time and now I started to struggle to level up.
I'm trying to improve my gear but better than this become really expensive and currency is a problem for me right now.

Do you have any tip about which map mod this build should avoid?

Your gear is pretty good but you're not running a Basalt Flask and you could spring for a Taste of Hate as well.

As far as map mods, just don't run mods that make maps take longer, first off. I would avoid temp chains and reflect...not because you can't do them, but because you may have to be a little more cautious and timely with your fortifying and flask usage.

Otherwise maybe stay away from double damage and crit/crit multi? Not sure what's killing you. Shoutout to vulnerability since on higher tier maps it will degen you to the point where you might not want to use blood rage...especially on maps with reduced life and mana regen.

If this is your first time to 89, maybe you are just learning that it becomes a lot harder/slower to level at this stage of the game. I see you have 6 characters, 2 of which are in this league. Are you a newer player?

Other rules for maps I follow, mainly for financial efficiency:

-run maps for their atlas bonus
-once the bonus is achieved, i generally only run blue maps unless i'm running maps at the upper tiers of what i have in which case i'll alch them and only really chaos them if i roll one of the 3 mods i listed above i told you to avoid for time's sake
-i won't use chisels on anything but red maps (scour them first unless they have a good mod already, in which case you shouldn't waste your chisels)

this will help you get xp, build up your map pool and make some currency.

i also buy map's from zana if i need them or from others on poe.trade if i can't find them within a reasonable amount of time

if you decide to run any shitty mods, counter them as follows:

temp chains - proceed more cautiously, also consider the boss fight and whether or not you can kill it fast or if it involves a lot of moving around/phases that would leave you vulnerable

vulnerability or less regen maps - consider not using blood rage if the degen is bad

no leech - requires a mana-on-hit claw, such as a gemini. you can even use a fucking white one for the map if you really need to. just find one with high crit and you'll be fine.

ele weakness - overcap your resist if you can or bring flasks according to whatever resist might be uncapped

phys reflect - always fortify, use taste of hate if you have it, but use all your flasks all the time, use LS or FB instead of dual strike when you need to. with the new ascendancy changes and pantheon stuff, you should be able to faceroll small packs of enemies and bosses without a problem. you can even swap ruthless for added fire on dual strike if you want.

ele reflect - same as above, but a lot easier to deal with and use dual strike
"
hitmantb wrote:

Reave trash vs Frost Blades/Lighting Strike for mapping, and trash vs Dual Strike/Blade Flurry for bosses, imho bad idea.
Bloodseeker - very good choice, BUT versus good claws u lose ton of dps (i lose 250k with starkonja and 400k with abussys), BUT 19k (vs 2.5k) life leech/oh nit rate ...
Last edited by SmokerHell on Mar 27, 2018, 10:52:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info