[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
_DMG_ wrote:

Quality claws this early in the league (well past a certain dps threshold are gonna be expensive no matter what) are gonna be pretty expensive unless you get lucky. Most people should dual wield Wasp Nest or Wasp + Anguish and put any serious money into other gear. I sold a claw recently for ~120c that was maybe 15% more damage than using Wasp Nest, the money made from that was much better served on other gear. I could have simply used it, but fixing 3-4 other slots of gear was worth more than 1 single "ok" claw upgrade to me.

Thank you for the response. Will grab myself some Wasp Nests.

I guess it's bad? Compared to the wasp nest
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Mar 25, 2018, 1:00:01 PM
I followed your advice (once again) and wow i changed 3 things and it made me hit 10-20% more and tank so much more.
I changed the belt, picked up one with good res then bought a new ring (without socket since i don't use it). Then i respecced some skill points since they were wrong from when i started.
The difference is crazy.

What would be a good 6-link body armour and helm + the stats? my resistances are capped (except for fire at 63%).
Last edited by PrimusLightNova on Mar 25, 2018, 11:04:41 AM
This is my first ever POE character and thank you Say_Ten for a cheap/entertaining build! 4600 health at level 81 I am doing tier 9 rare maps with ease, and my combined gear is 15C at most!

SmokerHell I just looked on poe.ninja and you have far and away the most powerful character of this spec in Beastiary league! In fact I think your character is more powerful than Say_Ten's in standard league with your set up and I copied a lot of your tweaks including:

1) 6L armor + Starkonja (I can not afford Belly of the Beast yet, but a 6L armor with 2-3 red can be as cheap as 10C, Starkonja is really cheap, I seriously think Bring of the Rain is obsolete against Starkonja and even a mediocre off-color 6L like mine, due to the extra defense/resist 6L brings to the table)

2) Shaper's Touch (incredibly cheap item for the huge power increase)

3) Stygian Vise with life and attack speed after dealt critical strike recently (which may as well be permanent buff with our build)

4) Passive skill tree gems with life and attack speed while dual wielding

I can not afford the same quality gear/gem as you so I just took cheaper variant of the same thing (you have 7% life, I settle for 6% life). My biggest weakness at the moment is the 3 green 2 red 1 blue 6L I bought cheaply before. I can't wait to get a proper 4 red 1 blue 1 green!

How strong is this build overall in the current meta? I know this is not Diablo 3 so there is no easy way to compare based on greater rift level. But let's compare apple to apple and say versus a popular in-meta melee character like Juggernaut (multiple level 99 ones on ladder seem to have 7500+HP and massive armor)?
Last edited by hitmantb on Mar 25, 2018, 3:11:30 PM
"
hitmantb wrote:
My biggest weakness at the moment is the 3 green 2 red 1 blue 6L I bought cheaply before. I can't wait to get a proper 4 red 1 blue 1 green!

How strong is this build overall in the current meta? I know this is not Diablo 3 so there is no easy way to compare based on greater rift level. But let's compare apple to apple and say versus a popular in-meta melee character like Juggernaut (multiple level 99 ones on ladder seem to have 7500+HP and massive armor)?

Hi, u can use Vorici craft (optimal variant u can find https://siveran.github.io/calc.html).
Imho, this build ofc weaker than Jugg, u can stack high HP (~7k+) and good dps, but anyway u have low armor/evasion and no crazy regen, BUT this build isn't so boring like SR/RF

"

I guess it's bad? Compared to the wasp nest

close, but no cigar
hey all

gr8 build - gr8 community.

i have been following this build for some time and started it for this league.
i have a question regarding what is better for end game gear is BOR better or a 6 link belly with a nice head gear ? i know belly would cost more but what should i aim for if i do happen to make the currency ?

more so what head gear is recomended if belly build is better and what runes should i use on the belly and head?

that you all for your time posting this wondefull thread.

cheers
"
victar770 wrote:
hey all

i have a question regarding what is better for end game gear is BOR better or a 6 link belly with a nice head gear ? i know belly would cost more but what should i aim for if i do happen to make the currency ?

more so what head gear is recomended if belly build is better and what runes should i use on the belly and head?

cheers

BoR just very cheap version (but u can kill end-game with BoR), Belly better, helmet: starkonja (bosses) > abyssus (mapping) <=> good rare helmet (elder version with +crit chance to attacks would be good)
"
victar770 wrote:
hey all

cheers

what smoker said is accurate.

for gems: dual strike, multistrike, melee physical, ruthless, maim, increased critical damage
What would the appropriate stats be on the belly and helm? im assuming life/res and crit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info