[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Why Assassin over Champion? Am I missing something or does it have to do with Shadow love?
"
Why Assassin over Champion? Am I missing something or does it have to do with Shadow love?

assassin will crush champion in terms of damage. champion is mainly nice for perma-fortify.

realistically you could run this build as any class except a witch or templar. raider was my 2nd favorite choice for the insane attack speed but with the recent ascendancy buffs across the board, there's no wrong answer really.
How do you guys get a big life pool? My damage is pretty good but i have 4.6 hp and die to t9 bosses.
"
"
domelious wrote:
How do you guys get a big life pool? My damage is pretty good but i have 4.6 hp and die to t9 bosses.
"

pob for you: https://pastebin.com/2MpmKeSE
Just correct your tree, buy Belly (and strakonja with max life) and pickup more jewels with 7% life (or 38+ hp abyss jewels), also u can swap alira to 2points and pick two 5% life nodes
Last edited by SmokerHell on Mar 22, 2018, 8:10:50 PM
Wow Shapers Touch is incredible for this build! And so cheap too!

I feel like my damage is more than sufficient, so I am using curse on hit with enfeeble instead of assassin/warlord mark. And level 1 cast on damage taken with both immortal's call and molten shell.

Death is just too punishing in this game, with this set up my survivability went through the roof. Can't wait to complete the tree and grab belly of the beast. My 6 link has 3 green which is not great for dual strike. Doing level 8 maps super comfortably at level 76 and 4k hp.

Warchief totem does so much damage with this build, combined with full screen lightning strike I really kill most things safely. Only dual strike on bosses. My biggest cause of death was trying to dual strike and clicking on an empty space instead of mob. That split second is enough to kill me as it stops my life leech.
Last edited by hitmantb on Mar 23, 2018, 8:29:47 AM
Are there any relatively cheap ways to increase the DPS for this build in bestiary league right now?

I am looking at claws matching the parameters you suggest; even claws with only 280 pdps are worth around 1+ exalt. It is a pretty insane jump from say Touch of Anguish which is going for a chaos.
Last edited by BigBlappa on Mar 24, 2018, 11:59:08 AM
"
BigBlappa wrote:
Are there any relatively cheap ways to increase the DPS for this build in bestiary league right now?

I am looking at claws matching the parameters you suggest; even claws with only 280 pdps are worth around 1+ exalt. It is a pretty insane jump from say Touch of Anguish which is going for a chaos.

Quality claws this early in the league (well past a certain dps threshold are gonna be expensive no matter what) are gonna be pretty expensive unless you get lucky. Most people should dual wield Wasp Nest or Wasp + Anguish and put any serious money into other gear. I sold a claw recently for ~120c that was maybe 15% more damage than using Wasp Nest, the money made from that was much better served on other gear. I could have simply used it, but fixing 3-4 other slots of gear was worth more than 1 single "ok" claw upgrade to me.

Early, cheaper DPS increases are much more likely to be found by having well rolled gloves, rings, and jewels. Jewels get very expensive quickly if max life is included, but for 3-10c you can sometimes pick up strong 3-4 damage mod jewels. I'm using a cheap 4 damage mod jewel atm since I'm fairly tanky already and didn't mind spending idk maybe 9c for ~15%+ damage increase. Obviously I plan on replacing it with a solid max life + damage jewel, but for now it's fine.

Another jewel example: Abyss jewels with both Onslaught and Unholy Might on kill % (Murderous Eye Base only). Doesn't matter what the other stats are, you can often find cheap ones from 3-8c. They are awesome for mapping and for bosses that spawn plenty of mobs. Without life included, they are simply raw DPS added (and not totally reliable DPS, need mobs around), but you really can get great numbers for very cheap once the effects proc. If I feel tanky enough elsewhere, I try to smash one of those into my skill tree on practically any character, but I do try to look for upper range values (like minimum 6% for onslaught and 3% for unholy might). Otherwise it can feel too random and take too long to proc their effects if the % is too low.

Last edited by _DMG_ on Mar 24, 2018, 12:59:57 PM
I have changed my build alot and tried to follow your advice. Now I do crazy amounts of damage but I still get oneshot by burst.
I have 2862 life and 79 energy shield.

If i want more life on my gear without sacrificing resistances i have to invest up to 30 chaos orbs per piece.

I have about 65 chaos orbs still left to make my build better.

Could you check my build and see if I am missing something?
"
I have changed my build alot and tried to follow your advice. Now I do crazy amounts of damage but I still get oneshot by burst.

If i want more life on my gear without sacrificing resistances i have to invest up to 30 chaos orbs per piece.

Replace the belt. You are one skill point away from the Claw Life/Mana Leech Node, just pick that up and get a quality belt with 100+ life and whatever res you need. Then if you need more life, spec into nearby jewel sockets fast and put in max life jewels. You can def get some cheap ones if it's only life or life + random rolls.

Also in helmet, take out melee physical damage support. Bringer of Rain already provided that support, so you can link Ruthless instead.
Last edited by _DMG_ on Mar 24, 2018, 1:29:11 PM
"

Use wasp nests/ToA, buy shapers touch and 2 good life/resistance rings (without dps mods, its cheap), after stygian belt (with life jewel) > claw > rings <=> amulet <=> 6link belly + starkoja

"

Ur tree = trash rly
In my opinion, build for ur lvl (with %life jewels): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.1/AAAABAYBAAAGAdwDhwSxBS0F-QxzDY0R1RXwFfYV_Ra_G60mlSoLLlMyATWSNj1DMUX0R35KfUz_TipR2VVLV5dbr13yYEFh4mHrYnlirGNwZK9lTWegbIxtbG87b1dwUnTtdf1343gNeBl6U3rvexSEb4TZh3aJ04o4jDaNgZVmmyadqqLZo4qmf6lusJKw2LGzshm0xbVItfK9Nr6nwBrBoM9602_TftRC1gfYvdrB45_ndOjW7UHuDvlj_MX_kw==
Later u can uncheck life nodes, also u need +life on items, u can buy cheap life/resistance rings
Last edited by SmokerHell on Mar 24, 2018, 4:54:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info