[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:

If this is your first time to 89, maybe you are just learning that it becomes a lot harder/slower to level at this stage of the game. I see you have 6 characters, 2 of which are in this league. Are you a newer player?

Thanks for the tips. Gonna start to pay more attention to map mods.
The only one that I was rerolling was Temp.Chain (annoying af).
Gonna get a Basalt flask and start saving for a TOH later.

A good tip you said about using flasks all the time. I wasn't doing that. Only against rares/bosses.
Did a t14 yesterday with no problems at all. My biggest struggle is getting single-hit by bosses or explosions.

Yes, I'm a new player / 370h. Playing my second league.

"
julianlazare wrote:

Thanks for the tips. Gonna start to pay more attention to map mods.
The only one that I was rerolling was Temp.Chain (annoying af).
Gonna get a Basalt flask and start saving for a TOH later.

A good tip you said about using flasks all the time. I wasn't doing that. Only against rares/bosses.
Did a t14 yesterday with no problems at all. My biggest struggle is getting single-hit by bosses or explosions.

Yes, I'm a new player / 370h. Playing my second league.

yeah, aside from refunding some dps nodes to pick up 5% life nodes (or leveling more to get them), your best defense is going to be in playing smart. with 5000+ life and no insane map mods, you should be able to survive most hard hitting things and quickly recuperate life back, but fortify and spamming your flasks in advance and/or right after are the insurance there. also watch the timers for your buffs so that you are overlapping them as little as possible and essentially getting the 2 uses out of your flasks. that's generally more than enough for most boss fights. if you have a suyrgeon's basalt you can keep cranking that shit.

if you're looking to tank hits from crazier bosses/higher tiers without having a flask handy, you'll need to be around 6000 life. i've gotten over 6000 life on my 95 in a temp league (no legacy BoR) and without using a chest armor...just the current BoR.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Mar 27, 2018, 1:32:07 PM
I am going to try blood seeker with a stat stick like death's hand or a cheap extra 40% physical as elemental damage axe.

Same tree but with reave or blade flurry. I think the idea is you use enfeeble or temperal chain as an aura, and no longer need to choose between damage of dual strike vs debuff of lightning strike. With increase in AOE reave is decent for mapping no?

The instant leech to full is very attractive to me, I feel like most of the boss fights is all about whether you can leech more than their damage outside of dodging certain one shot skills.
Last edited by hitmantb on Mar 27, 2018, 3:01:19 PM
"
hitmantb wrote:
I am going to try blood seeker with a stat stick like death's hand.

Same tree but with reave or blade flurry. I think the idea is you use enfeeble or temperal chain as an aura, and no longer need to choose between damage of dual strike vs debuff of lightning strike. With increase in AOE reave is decent for mapping no?

The instant leech to full is very attractive to me, I feel like most of the boss fights is all about whether you can leech more than their damage outside of dodging certain one shot skills.

you can use the temp chains on hit gloves (asenath's gentle ball caress)

otherwise you'd be forced into blasphemy, which means you can't run hatred, which means goodbye DPS

not saying it's impossible but go for it
Ran a couple T12 maps with Bloodseeker today. The DPS loss wasn't major. The instant leech is really nice.
Last edited by JesusFightsNaked on Mar 27, 2018, 7:57:06 PM
Hello
i have problem whit this build, it's so squishy
my build is:
starkonja
belly
atziri's acuity
belt: 100 life 30 43 35 resist (F, C, L)
gemini claw and imperial claw: 280 pdps
Boots: 286 evasion, 44% fire resis, 37% cold resis, 39% lightning resis, 25% movement speed, 70 max life

amulet: 3 to 5 physical damage to attacks, 16 to all attributes, 21% increased Global CSC, 32% to Global CSM, 79 max life
Ring: 235 accuracy, 79 evasion, 71 life, 44 fire resist, 44 lightning resist
ring2: 71 life, 13% lightning resist, 43% fire resist, 35% could resist (i need to change it)

what can i do?

my gem:

Dual Strike - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Damage - Ruthless (belly)

Lightning Strike - Multistrike - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark ( boots)

Cast when Damage Taken lvl 5 - Immortal Call - Increased Duration (full lvl) - Enfeeble (starkonja)

Vaal Haste - Summon ice Golem - increased duration support (test) - empower(test) (Atziri)

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify (gemini)

Blood rage - Hatred - Herald of Ash (imperial)
OMG, I hate to say it, but reave with the same exact tree is . . . MUCH MUCH stronger at my gear level! I bought a 1 chaos bloodseeker, and a 1 chaos +35% extra physical damage as fire damage / +23% area of effect damage axe. I played tier 8-9 maps with alchemy orb buff and . . . did not die a single time! It feels so easy with instant leech. I am leveling up MUCH MUCH easier in the 80's!

Same gear, same tree, reave with stat stick offhand, dual strike with dual touch of anguish, hatred, herald of ash for both:

Dual Strike Main Hand Off Hand Total
Physical 1897.5 1700 3597.5
Cold 715 640.5 1355.5
Fire 293.5 262.5 556
Total 2906 2603 5509

Reave
Physical 3086.5
Cold 1111.5
Fire 1683.5
Total 5881.5

Now, I am using concentrated AOE for reave which shows up on tool tip, and increased critical damage for dual strike which doesn't show up here. Dual strike also gets 20% chance to do double damage on main hand, which you can more or less add up to another 10% damage. Dual strike will without a doubt, beat reave in single target situations, as it should.

But the reason I did so well with reave is because, it does full AOE damage and get full instant life leech, compared to half for dual strike with the might and influence. Against most bosses, you know how important this is. The AOE range is also much bigger than dual strike and kills mobs a lot quicker from longer range with much more life leech.

It is just a much much easier skill to use than dual strike. You will not miss clicking a monster, move and die. You will not be outside of melee range and only getting offhand splash and life leech and die. Reave also works much better with lion's roar's knock back effect. Even with reduced AOE, this thing has a very big radius compared to dual strike!

Finally, I think Blasphemy with Enfeeble or Temperal Chain (can't decide which one is better) is MUCH stronger than Herald of Ash. The increase in durability is gigantic. I barely notice Herald of Ash, I definitely notice enfeeble 100% of the times on anything near me. Yes you can case it manually, but given how fast paced this game can be, it is one less thing to manage and it is huge.

I kept blade flurry with increased range to kill stuff from long range. But with reave + stat offhand I am playing much more reckless, literally whirl winding into middle of mobs and just reaving away. Now I just need to hit 6000 hp . . .
Last edited by hitmantb on Mar 28, 2018, 2:34:51 AM
"
Fennerr wrote:
Hello
my build is:
starkonja
belly
atziri's acuity
Boots: 286 evasion, 44% fire resis, 37% cold resis, 39% lightning resis, 25% movement speed, 70 max life

amulet: 3 to 5 physical damage to attacks, 16 to all attributes, 21% increased Global CSC, 32% to Global CSM, 79 max life
ring2: 71 life, 13% lightning resist, 43% fire resist, 35% could resist (i need to change it)

what can i do?

my gem:

Dual Strike - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Damage - Ruthless (belly)

Cast when Damage Taken lvl 5 - Immortal Call - Increased Duration (full lvl) - Enfeeble (starkonja)

Vaal Haste - Summon ice Golem - increased duration support (test) - empower(test) (Atziri)

what flasks do you have? are you using them?
"
hitmantb wrote:
OMG, I hate to say it, but reave with the same exact tree is . . . MUCH MUCH stronger at my gear level! I bought a 1 chaos bloodseeker, and a 1 chaos +35% extra physical damage as fire damage / +23% area of effect damage axe. I played tier 8-9 maps with alchemy orb buff and . . . did not die a single time! It feels so easy with instant leech. I am leveling up MUCH MUCH easier in the 80's!

Same gear, same tree, reave with stat stick offhand, dual strike with dual touch of anguish, hatred, herald of ash for both:

Dual Strike Main Hand Off Hand Total
Physical 1897.5 1700 3597.5
Cold 715 640.5 1355.5
Fire 293.5 262.5 556
Total 2906 2603 5509

Reave
Physical 3086.5
Cold 1111.5
Fire 1683.5
Total 5881.5

Now, I am using concentrated AOE for reave which shows up on tool tip, and increased critical damage for dual strike which doesn't show up here. Dual strike also gets 20% chance to do double damage on main hand, which you can more or less add up to another 10% damage. Dual strike will without a doubt, beat reave in single target situations, as it should.

But the reason I did so well with reave is because, it does full AOE damage and get full instant life leech, compared to half for dual strike with the might and influence. Against most bosses, you know how important this is. The AOE range is also much bigger than dual strike and kills mobs a lot quicker from longer range with much more life leech.

It is just a much much easier skill to use than dual strike. You will not miss clicking a monster, move and die. You will not be outside of melee range and only getting offhand splash and life leech and die. Reave also works much better with lion's roar's knock back effect. Even with reduced AOE, this thing has a very big radius compared to dual strike!

Finally, I think Blasphemy with Enfeeble or Temperal Chain (can't decide which one is better) is MUCH stronger than Herald of Ash. The increase in durability is gigantic. I barely notice Herald of Ash, I definitely notice enfeeble 100% of the times on anything near me. Yes you can case it manually, but given how fast paced this game can be, it is one less thing to manage and it is huge.

I kept blade flurry with increased range to kill stuff from long range. But with reave + stat offhand I am playing much more reckless, literally whirl winding into middle of mobs and just reaving away. Now I just need to hit 6000 hp . . .

Fully understand reave is easier to deal with. This is why I use FB (auto targets, goes up, down and around corners) and LS (spams entire screen and with pierce, is incredible) as secondary attacks. Would like to play alongside you to see how good you are doing.

Truthfully I don't have enough time to try out everything and a lot of you guys have awesome suggestions. I appreciate the fact that so many people are following this guide and helping each other out.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Fennerr wrote:
Hello
my build is:
starkonja
belly
atziri's acuity

what can i do?

my gem:

what flasks do you have? are you using them?

Lion's road, atziri's promise, kiara's, the sorrow of the divine, bubbling divine life...
yes, i use it
i'm lvl 88 ....
what can i do whit my gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info