Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

"
MeHuntU wrote:
This is neat but you still have not corrected one of the major problems with the game.

You've created a complex skill tree and still don't allow players to reset it and try different passives when they want to. The orbs of regret don't count. As rare they are makes them as useful as a
Spoiler
poopy flavored lollipop

Allow the players to rspec when they want to. Half the fun for players is trying something different with there favorite character. The way you're doing it institutionalized cookie cutter characters.
how about no ? whats the point of rerolling then if you can respect everything ?

you already can respec way too much for my liking
"
MeHuntU wrote:
This is neat but you still have not corrected one of the major problems with the game.

You've created a complex skill tree and still don't allow players to reset it and try different passives when they want to. The orbs of regret don't count. As rare they are makes them as useful as a
Spoiler
poopy flavored lollipop

Allow the players to rspec when they want to. Half the fun for players is trying something different with there favorite character. The way you're doing it institutionalized cookie cutter characters.

Unrestricted passive respecs? No thanks. It might be a good idea to do an automatic free bandit reward reset along with every general passive reset (like the one coming up now), but beyond that the respec system is fine. It imposes a meaningful cost on making changes to your character without making that cost unreasonably steep (like it was in, say, D2).

And regrets aren't that rare. They do drop. And are frequently traded for. Nor are they particularly hard to get through other means. Vendors sell them for scours which they again sell for chance orbs (and chance orbs also have their own vendor recipe too). Catarina sells scours too at a discount. Currency strongboxes can drop them. There may even soon be a divination card with them.

GGG can consider the bandit reward reset thing I've mentioned above, though. It goes against the spirit of a passive reset to not reset that too. I actually usually just take the passive point on all my chars now in order to save on the 20-60 regrets per character when the next reset comes along. While many of the bandit rewards are useful, none of them strikes me as being THAT essential as to warrant that much money being spent later on changing them.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 8, 2015, 12:28:18 AM
Reading the comments on legacy Surgeon's, I wonder if GGG still thinks that legacy is not damaging their sales. :V There is so much hate about legacy items from Standard players, and all this Alteration nonsense going on, I wonder if anyone gave it a second thought.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
how damaging could a few thousand surgeon flasks be on the economy?

Literally everyone and their mother will have 2 stash tabs full of them before the patch hits.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Nerf on incinerate?
Without a +1 5l infernal mantle and at least 20/20 gems it can do maximum of about 10k x4 dps which is not enough to play in an endgame party

Have you tried arc? It has much more clear speed compared to. Plus it shocks so even more dps for the whole party
Incinerate doesn't even crit. Can we talk about the 600k dps of some crit builds?
Incinerate at its best isn't able to do much more than 160k but you have to sacrifice aoe using slower projectiles and not using lmp

But hey, incinerate is too strong
Maybe it was good for leveling, but you had to deal with mana drain. in the end game there are a lot of other stronger builds that need about the same currency investment

I understand you have to change the usage of the skills, but nerfing skills that don't even do all that dmg is not the way
You destroyed my build, lot of investment and completely ruined my plans about this build
I'd just like to be able to choose my build, not being forced to play only the new ones or what you decide to buff periodically

Now, even if I start the new league with one of those new skills or one of the buffed ones, you'll nerf them the next big patch

You just give the illusion of buff. Making people to spend currency and time in something that will be useless in some time after.
Last edited by D_Caesar on Dec 8, 2015, 4:51:33 AM
Im agreed legacy items will eventualy make the game completly unplayeable i mean what are the chances of a new player to compete with players swiming in legacy items? Is plain dumb.
Wow. After all these years you decided to nerf flame totem. Well, better late than never I guess! Last time I played LMP/GMP was just not worth using. Is that still the case? These used to make the game fun for me.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Dec 8, 2015, 5:12:45 AM
"
Joleco wrote:
Ok, most of the time I come here to complain. But now I want to say something to all these who whines about Legacy items. How I "read" these changes now with Legacy Surgeon's, I don't know if I'm right or not but ... maybe this is the way GGG wants to give something good to the loyal and old and dedicated players. There is a players which play one character or few for years. I think these people deserve something, right. I don't see any single reason for you to cry about it. Probably most of these players who complaining didn't even play on Standard. What's bothering you? Why you even care if someone will use these flasks on Standard. I'm reading this like a gift to me, again don't know if I'm right, just my opinion. And no one force you to use legacy's they just give you a choice.

edit: Actually I want to add more, even with my bad english. This game is just perfect now, amazing, unique. It will not be so good if Legacy's doesn't exists. Why? Watch me. "hardcore" Standard player who plays and most of the new Leagues. Farming, actually ggrindinggg :d and builds new chars on new leagues, after league ends selling stuff and collecting currency for what? No, not for mirrored items, don't like them but they not bother me at all. For LEGACY items. I farm 1 year for my Kaom's Heart, yes around 1 year. If this so expensive item not exist? For what I will play so long and will be so fun at the end to have this amazing item. No one can give you now this fun, not even Blizzard.

I am playing in standard league and becasue I need to trade with others or I want to play in public parties legacy items actually affects me even tho I am pretending they don't exist! I simply want to play the same game as everyone else. Is it really so hard to understand? Why do we have to divide game content? Because we don't want hurt someone (including me)? Come on! This is just stupid.

When temporary league ends all my unfinished characters goes to standard and I feel like everything I archived doesn't really metters there! Because permanent leagues are not serious. It's full of trash and failed experiments and power greedy players using these advatages. Most of players which defending legacies are those who are playing in temporary leagues and standard league using only to experiment with stuff.

So please stop this bullshit! Not for me, but for better game!
"
Rory wrote:
Mana per level, Melee mana costs (Buffed)
Players now gain more mana every time they level up, and most Melee Attack skills no longer increase in mana cost as they level. These changes are to allow Mana to be used more reliably by late-game builds that don't have high amounts of intelligence, as Blood Magic was the prevalent way to use almost every melee attack skill later in the game.

What is the new value for mana per level now, please ?
Last edited by Hamallainen on Dec 8, 2015, 6:55:39 AM
"
Apokalyxio wrote:
Good changes overall!

Surgeon's have been too strong for a long time, I'm surprised they weren't changed for so long. However I hope that they won't be nerfed to the ground. Giving them anything below 40% Chance to gain a charge is probably not a good idea for now.

Also I'm afraid that Incinerate will end up being too weak.

Sure it was definitely too strong, but I just hope that it won't be nerfed so much, that everyone will know that it has to be buffed in the next balance patch.

I expect it to be a 5-10% chance

Remember they balance everything around the 4000+ exalt builds and to hell with the rest of us. It's how they balanced things in the past and I don't expect them to change now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info