Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

Again they try to unfuck the things they previously fucked up, disgusting. At least searing bond got interesting change, also more chains for arc.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
Langhun wrote:
I am playing in standard league and becasue I need to trade with others or I want to play in public parties legacy items actually affects me even tho I am pretending they don't exist! I simply want to play the same game as everyone else.

But you already play the same game as everyone else.

If you don't want to use legacy items, don't use them.
If you don't want anybody in your party use any legacy, create a public party tagged "no legacy allowed".
Or create a guild with "no-legacy" motto. With all the legacy haters in this forum, I'm pretty sure you'll find a lot of guildmates.
We are all making recommendations to deaf ears. If you want acknowledgement from GGG, send them $1000 to design your div card and ask them about balancing issues as you are handing them cash. That's the only thing that speaks to them $$$. The more legacy items they create the more unbalanced the game and market becomes. Obviously they already know this but if there weren't legacy items it would be a lot harder to profit off of RMT.

The flask being too OP is a joke. Example: look up Mathil's Crit ST build. The damage output is not abusive to the game and being a crit build, it is so squishy that without these flasks it wouldn't even be possible. All they are doing is making it so you must have the Mirror worthy gear to have decent dps and survivability at the same time because you cant use a flask,some alts and an augment to fill in some of the gaps in defense for the average person. The flask becomes unbalanced in conjunction with mirrored gear. So once again the balance issues come down to the legacy/mirrored gear, not the flask.

Now for PA: Nerfing the gem and creating more nodes in the tree just means I'm forced to spend less nodes on survivability to get a reasonable amount of dps for a solo farmer(not even viable in parties.)So once again this requires me to come up with more currency for gearing. PA was the average man's way of farming end game content but they don't want the average man doing that either. That takes away the ability for elitist to corner the market.

The only thing good coming from this patch is a boost to most spells as it was much needed. A nerf to Incinerate is a joke though. It was one of the only slightly viable spell builds out there besides discharge(which is unattainable for most and requires a legacy amulet.)

For me all of the content farming was purely to obtain items/currency to compete in HLD PVP which is also horribly unbalanced. To be top 100 is easy but to actually compete you need best in slot mirror worthy gear or you need a 6l quill rain and a legacy Kaoms just so that all the non-Explosive Arrow PVPers can complain about how broken your build is because EA can compete with their mirror worthy builds. Still you need a 6l quill preferably with a good corrupt and a legacy Kaom's to do that.

You may recognize me as the guy ranting on the end of page 32 in underlined text. Since then I've calmed down and reevaluated my opinion. In short it has not changed. Gifted my Poison Arrow setup and my exalted to some randoms/people on friends list. Still have some good caster gear but it will rot on my account until they wash out inactive accounts.

The best way to find balance for me is to wash my hands of POE/GGG and find a better game to play. Pretty sad after 2 years of playing nearly nothing else but I'm fed up and done.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over expecting a different result. I've come to realize GGG will never have a different result or find balance as they continue to make the same balancing mistakes over and over again.

Hope for all of you still playing that someone comes along with enough money to open the ears of GGG devs but I've lost hope. They won't be receiving any more support from me.
Last edited by olivertwizted on Dec 8, 2015, 7:39:44 AM
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
I am playing in standard league and becasue I need to trade with others or I want to play in public parties legacy items actually affects me even tho I am pretending they don't exist! I simply want to play the same game as everyone else.

But you already play the same game as everyone else.

If you don't want to use legacy items, don't use them.
If you don't want anybody in your party use any legacy, create a public party tagged "no legacy allowed".
Or create a guild with "no-legacy" motto. With all the legacy haters in this forum, I'm pretty sure you'll find a lot of guildmates.

All right, that is probably solution for party play even tho I would call it distance myself from others. Also it doesn't solve economy impact.

Now tell me what do you like about legacy items? What is their value? Why keep items the same when builds and everything else changed anyway? Why keep them in game when we don't need them?
We could even say 'I just don't like the idea of legacy items, I don't like having them around for the same reason I don't like yellow flowers, salted herrings or this ridiculous lion skull combo we got instead of chained girls' (by the way, you still aren't forgiven for pulling that one, design team).

No matter how flimsy the cons are, it doesn't really matter because there are no good pros either. We all chewed on it until everyone was sick as a puppy and it all boils down to this:
- impact on the game is within acceptable limits
- some players like having them and some don't
- removing legacy items would generate a stronger negative reaction with those that like them than positive among those that don't
- getting rid of them is too much trouble
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 8, 2015, 8:03:37 AM
Warning: bad eng
Some people said - they can compete in standart without legacy, competition in standart, rly?(pvp is a joke)
If ggg will removed/etc legacy item - its will be end for poe(cos u can lose years of playnig for nothing) if u ask - i dont have legacy except shadow and dust from Tasumi, but dont see reason to play if items can be deleted...
Inci nerf - joke, 100% unplayble now
About flask probably joke, if not than sry but ggg stupid...
"
Langhun wrote:
Now tell me what do you like about legacy items? What is their value? Why keep items the same when builds and everything else changed anyway? Why keep them in game when we don't need them?

Fair questions.
I'm an old POE player like yourself, I've slowly acquired some sweet legacy items through my journey in Wraeclast. Almost all of them were selffound, and I trully cherish most of them. For me, they reward my seniority and my loyalty toward this game. I'm feeling special when wearing them or just looking at them in my stash. And with them I can play some funny builds, like using Righteous Fire with a legacy Saffel's Frame instead of Rise of the Phoenix like everybody else.
Remove them from me and you remove something special. It would not be just like removing a pile of exalts from my stash, it would be removing my history as a PoE player.

And what about you Langhun ? Why do you want so much remove legacy items ? You're an ancient player yourself, you should have a lot of legacy stuff. I can understand if you don't want to use an existing item when it become legacy. It's strange but understandable. But why deprive the others from their legacy ? Knowing that other players possess legacy items bothers you so much ?
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
I can understand if you don't want to use an existing item when it become legacy. It's strange but understandable.

Think of it like this, if I use my legacy items I'm not experiencing the game the way it was designed any more. If somebody complains that Lightning Coil is a bit underwhelming, what kind of comment can I offer on that if I'm using a legacy one? It's something like playing a game that isn't completely up to date, I don't think it's too strange.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I have never ever seen a game where the developers are messing the economy so much.
I have many stuff in my stash that i bled to own which are now worthless or 1/10 of the price.
In an economy based arpg this is nuts.
The very OP skills that everyone was using and raping shit with their 4Ls got nerfed and like everything else got buffed.
Why are people disappointed. The nerfs were expected and we got multiple buffs.

Also

"
Flame Totem (Early-game Nerf/Late-game Buff)

Flame Totem was a little too powerful early on, so has been reduced in damage at lower levels. Its damage is very slightly higher at high levels.

Bolded part sounds weird no?
Last edited by Jaille on Dec 8, 2015, 9:20:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info