Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

The moment you realise Leech buff is no buff at all.....
Also no fucking CI buff nor enemy Nerf.....
Last edited by Seelenverheizer on Dec 7, 2015, 2:36:54 AM
Great news i will be happy to use some melee splash again :)
"
B2rad wrote:
Surely the melee splash buff is going to also help out SRS? I'm sure this is seen as an end game buff overall to SRS. More summons up for longer too. Can't imagine it's going to make the skill bad or unusable.

i hope you are right :) i want to try a srs build but dont wanna play t1 map's only
Nice buff for zombies!

And time to craft some flasks :)
Guess I wont be going ci after all. *sigh*
Yay for bow buff tho.
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
Most of these changes are awesome. The new Point Blank seems like more of an attractive choice now. I had to get rid of it on my ranger because it was tearing my damage down too much.

I think it's a shame what they've done to Surgeon's flasks, but I agree with their rationale.
Last edited by MimSiE on Dec 7, 2015, 3:00:49 AM
Over all i am disappointed with this manifesto.

I agree that some mechanics needed to be ajusted and some numerical nerfs were needed but when i look at the changes and the thought process behind it... i think GGG balance team don't have the right grasp needed to make the game interesting.

Incinerate (purly numerical nerf), won't have a great impact unless the damage is nerfed by more than 40%. It isn't that important if you have 8k or 10k or 12k tooltip on this skill - you clear fast and safe regardless of it for low investment. It's the mechanics of the skill which make it so strong, not the DPS value alone.

SRS - better AI and faster cast speed? LOL - unless you nerfed the skill by 50% or more it will still be a top tier skill due to it's mechanics and scaling probabilitys and not it's initial damage. It is irrelevent if you have 2 million or 1.2 million DPS (single target after 4-6 seconds preperation) - boss takes only 2 seconds longer. With even impoved AI, trash clearing will be even faster than it was before --> over all clear speed increase of the skill/build.

PA - again. Mechanics alone make or break this skill. Damage was already falling of in high end game maps in partys. By nerfing the damage on the tree PA can't clear endgame maps this fast anymore but it can clear up to 77 as fast as always - not a really impactfull change at all. PA will still be top tier.

Cyclone - only slightly nerfed? Sry i think we are playing a different game. Cyclone is the best melee skill in the game because of mechanics, not because of damage - no other skill can even compete in what cyclone offers. Reducing its damage slightly won't do anything in endgame but make leveling experience for newer players much worse if you don't have a decent weapon.

Just my thoughts an the top tier meta skill changes (ners/buffs) - i know there were other significant buffs mentioned in the manifesto which i won't talk about here - most of them must be tested and seen in game before you can judge about them.

Sry GGG balance team but i was expecting much more from you this time! Looking foreward to full patch notes.
+ nice mana changes
+ buffing useless skills

0 I personally don't care for poison skill, sry. degeneration feels so unrewarding as a mechanic. but good job developing that into more possibilities.

- leech still is not interesting. it is too much an investment until very late game. but using leech for leveling? it's still superbad for that.
- zombie needs more LIFE at lower levels, instead of DMG, so they don't die instantly at every boss fight.
- searing bond is too weak, you nerfed it to death. now flame totem is removed for leveling ... meh. As I really dislike the feel of magma orb, leveling that skill is an option, but its very annoying :c

all in all a nice set of changes! moderately exited for the new stuff!
Last edited by PopeJo on Dec 7, 2015, 3:27:18 AM
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Spoiler
Over all i am disappointed with this manifesto.

I agree that some mechanics needed to be ajusted and some numerical nerfs were needed but when i look at the changes and the thought process behind it... i think GGG balance team don't have the right grasp needed to make the game interesting.

Incinerate (purly numerical nerf), won't have a great impact unless the damage is nerfed by more than 40%. It isn't that important if you have 8k or 10k or 12k tooltip on this skill - you clear fast and safe regardless of it for low investment. It's the mechanics of the skill which make it so strong, not the DPS value alone.

SRS - better AI and faster cast speed? LOL - unless you nerfed the skill by 50% or more it will still be a top tier skill due to it's mechanics and scaling probabilitys and not it's initial damage. It is irrelevent if you have 2 million or 1.2 million DPS (single target after 4-6 seconds preperation) - boss takes only 2 seconds longer. With even impoved AI, trash clearing will be even faster than it was before --> over all clear speed increase of the skill/build.

PA - again. Mechanics alone make or break this skill. Damage was already falling of in high end game maps in partys. By nerfing the damage on the tree PA can't clear endgame maps this fast anymore but it can clear up to 77 as fast as always - not a really impactfull change at all. PA will still be top tier.

Cyclone - only slightly nerfed? Sry i think we are playing a different game. Cyclone is the best melee skill in the game because of mechanics, not because of damage - no other skill can even compete in what cyclone offers. Reducing its damage slightly won't do anything in endgame but make leveling experience for newer players much worse if you don't have a decent weapon.

Just my thoughts an the top tier meta skill changes (ners/buffs) - i know there were other significant buffs mentioned in the manifesto which i won't talk about here - most of them must be tested and seen in game before you can judge about them.

Sry GGG balance team but i was expecting much more from you this time! Looking foreward to full patch notes.

You're drawing too many conclusions on a manifesto that is simply introducing some of the changes and why they were made. I also find it humorous that you declined to speculate on the buffs mentioned but there was no reluctance in sight on speculating about the nerfs to the fotm skills even when you don't know the full scope of the nerfs.

I am quite confident that this manifesto is not the full picture, patch notes are roughly 2 days away so there's no rush to draw any conclusions.
Seems like a bunch of no-brainer changes. I would have hoped more elegant ways of nerfing cyclone and incinerate, mere damage nerf is barely going to do anything to cyclone. How about removing the stun immunity?

Things still needing a buff imo: wild strike, frost blades, vitality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info