Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

Spoiler
I hoped for a tweak on prolif since my favourite skill (DD) was significantly fuked back then, but hey i might try a build without it just in order to test if there's an overall increase in aoe and ofc the lolz.

I'm also surprised by the lack of nerfs to Discharge and EA, CoC even. Incinerate and FT were totally expected, too strong indeed, just hoping this isn't a rip for inci. Caustic Arrow balance was also expected since the unveiling of new support/passives, and i expect it to stay mostly similar to its current damage. SRS balance seems reasonable, that shit is destructive.
Nerfing surgeon; its about time. Legacy? Meh.

I understand that buffs to bow skills are limited to underused gems/early-midgame to make leveling smoother, because their potential in endgame feels not lacking at all (Mostly TS/SA). I always thought that ranged skills should deal less damage than melee ones due to the risk while dealing damage, but i admit i'm no expert and factors that i don't take into account exist :)

I like Splash getting deserved love (combined with Cyclone nerf) and leech nodes merging in duelist area as well as ele leech and Point Blank;(PB totems OP?). SB is back. More options = more fun. Necro builds improving is always welcomed.

The mana increase seems ok, will help both melee and casters, and i'm sure MoM users will like this.

TLDR
Changes are fine, i just expected them for some other skills as well.
I'm definitely eager to play talisman, and as always ADAPT OR RIP(more lol).

A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!
Last edited by KuaiGon on Dec 7, 2015, 1:29:30 AM
Legacy Flasks? I mean I understand the whole legacy unique stuff in perm leagues, but legacy flasks? Why? Was it too much of a hussle to change the current ones? Don't think so, as similar changes have been made before (leech, block etc.) It's decisions like these that proves GGG doesn't give a crap about perm leagues, and wants everybody to play the no-lifer temp leagues.

P.S.1: I'm a casual old standard league player that already has a shop for flasks, so this change will benefit me a lot.
P.S.2: There was an increase of demand of surgeon's flask before this patch release notes, which is understandable, (I couldn't understand why the same person would buy 5-6 life flasks from me, but now I do) but that's just one more reason as why creating legacy items should be avoided if it's possible.

I hope GGG will make a last minute change. It would be funny for the market abusers to be abused for once.
"
Nephalim wrote:

What build are havoc and etup playing right now? seems like an easy choice for GGG on what to nerf is any of this is true.

Etup played Cyclone, how do you think Cyclone "meta" started? Nerfed.
Havoc played Poison Arrow, why do you think everyone suddenly plays PA? Nerfed. Also SRS, also nerfed.
Both played Incinerate, and both abandoned it. Still nerfed.

GGG actually does pay attention and Havoc jokes about it - every build he plays gets nerfed. The reason for that is he only plays the top 2-3 skills in the game, only the broken and insanely overpowered ones - right now, that would be Vaal Spark and Poison Arrow. He wouldn't play melee under any circumstance, and he abandoned Incinerate and Arc cause they weren't OP enough.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 7, 2015, 1:33:50 AM
I am opposed to Cyclone nerf.
What you should do is penalise it based on weapon range.

Its not feer to compere fast attacks whit slow and heavy attacks.
Skill effectivnes is realy huge nerf bu it selff.
Ther is huge difrance with dagers 70-250 damage geting only 60% effective damage and all aditional damage modifiers, where 2h got 60% of 250-600 damage.

I may be wrong but that just make smaler hits be more forced in adding speed and that incrise skill cost compered to heavy slover hits scaling their base damage whit huge returns and no mana cost penalty.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Dec 7, 2015, 1:40:19 AM
"
lekoag wrote:
It's decisions like these that proves GGG doesn't give a crap about perm leagues, and wants everybody to play the no-lifer temp leagues.

I dont think thats fair at all, if that was their attitude they would just say were changing all flasks and fuck all you people in temp leagues that have builds that revolve around or who spent time and currency getting something that is now not what you invested in. That would be GGG not giving a crap about perm leagues and the people who play there.
"
Valeere wrote:
Aaaaaaaaand arc got buffed... again... for the 3423424th time, even if it was op before the buffs

When a skill is DECENT is it always OP? Not a lot of people use Arc right now do you know why? Because the current meta's shit on it's face making it NOT very viable.

Seriously when a skill is doing decent and not medicore I swear to fucking god some of you think it's OP like EVERYTIME.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Entropher wrote:
"
Surgeon's Flasks (Nerfed, but not retroactively)

Let the rage games begin!

Just gonna leave this right here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbLnEbf1W38
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

What build are havoc and etup playing right now? seems like an easy choice for GGG on what to nerf is any of this is true.

Etup played Cyclone, how do you think Cyclone "meta" started? Nerfed.
Havoc played Poison Arrow, why do you think everyone suddenly plays PA? Nerfed. Also SRS, also nerfed.
Both played Incinerate, and both abandoned it. Still nerfed.

GGG actually does pay attention and Havoc jokes about it - every build he plays gets nerfed. The reason for that is he only plays the top 2-3 skills in the game, only the broken and insanely overpowered ones - right now, that would be Vaal Spark and Poison Arrow. He wouldn't play melee under any circumstance, and he abandoned Incinerate and Arc cause they weren't OP enough.

cyclone and srs popularity was long there before etup or havoc played them in 2.0
cyclone and srs were insanely popular long before 2.0 hit. incinerate was *very* popular.

guys like havoc are great because in their quest of ultimate efficiency they path a way for most to see which skills are really op skills compared to the rest.
legacy flask fiasco..

1) people were buying flasks for last ~2 days. with previous unique changes it was difficult to spot but as hardly anyone buys/sells flasks it was visible and now we all know what was it all about. GGG - people you trust with information betray you. regularly.

2) flasks being priced in exalts.. the hilarious wonder the trade chat is

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info