Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

"
Astarte911 wrote:
Tree and gear investment for a crit-build are already substantial, making it already damn hard to reach decent 1 shot pool / EHP values.

If you ask me, you shouldn't be able to play crit in HC at all, crit is a glass cannon archetype.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
lol, because everyone was playing crit in HC nowadays ?
A part PA and incinerate, what spec HC players were really playing ?

IGN TylordRampage
"
raics wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Tree and gear investment for a crit-build are already substantial, making it already damn hard to reach decent 1 shot pool / EHP values.

If you ask me, you shouldn't be able to play crit in HC at all, crit is a glass cannon archetype.

Kinda Agree. Its already nearly impossible to do, if you dont have really super top end gear.

Also, for me personally HC is all about balancing Off/Def and Min/Maxing, thats why i love it. Its just a bit sad, 'cuz crit builds are so much more fun ;)

"
Malone wrote:
lol, because everyone was playing crit in HC nowadays ?
A part PA and incinerate, what spec HC players were really playing ?

Nearly no-one is playing crit in HC, thats why i said its soon dead if the last advantages are also gone.

Im very aware of the fact, that SC players are more fun oriented and, thus, playing a lot more crit. Like i said, even for me, as HC player, crit builds are more fun then non-crit. But in HC, its just very very hard because of substantial investment you have to do. A little advantage were the Surgeon mod - Thats why im thinking, removing the little advantages from crit builds gonna kill them total in HC..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Dec 7, 2015, 3:59:46 AM
"
Tejlonpl wrote:
Nice joke , I have 2 incinerate builds and wonder how you gona repay me my lost time and effort on useles build ??? Remember not everyone is a geek sitting 20 hours a day playing POE .....

Well incinerate was broken, you could make an unkillable character with tons of damage and without investing too much currency. I am not sure how strong the nerf will be but perhaps it will still be viable (just not broken).

In any case, I think you should get used to how poe works, no one is going to repay you. Keep in mind that whatever you do is temporary and it may get broken at some point in the future.

As for me, I guess I will be playing my PA character now that it is OP. For those saying that it isn't nerfed and it is just some different passives, I think you are too optimistic. I think if GGG says they have nerfed a skill you have to belive them :P I am wondering though if the nerf includes projectile damage not working with PA. If so, rip drillneck in these builds

As for the surgeons becoming legacy, as much as I find it convenient because my build won't get nerfed (at least for a while), I understand that this will create problems for people that don't already have them (or have such builds).
Last edited by phmn on Dec 7, 2015, 4:30:08 AM
"

Completely disagree. Why should crit be an archetype for glass cannon? Sure, it's a resource you need to invest more into than regular builds to make it work, but that doesn't mean it's a glass cannon archetype... Not all games have crit based builds be glass cannons, it's just that crit scales really well the more you invest into it, so people used to go glass cannon with it.

Let's assume glass cannon is someone who spends over 70% of their ressources into damage. I don't see a problem of crit working decently well (maybe even very well because of the utility it can provide) on a character that spent only 30-50% of their resources on crit and the rest on defense/other utilities.
Of course you won't do as much damage, but critting doesn't have to be something associated to glass cannon only. It's a playstyle and build style more so than an archetype... PoE in general dislikes archetypes.
I do not play perm leagues at all, but I think legacy flasks are a dumb thing. Legacy items overall are a dumb idea, which is why I don't play perm leagues, but legacy mods/affixes on rare/magic items are extra lame. Yes, changing them will probably ruin someone's build, but so does changing skill tree, and as far as I know we don't have legacy skill trees for people, who started playing before patch.
"
NO ICE SPEAR BUFF?????!!!!!!!!!!!

No, what am I talking, skill is just fine, everyone are using it. In fact, it's overpowered, nerf it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, its so overpowered that it seemed that flame totem was weaker (with up to 94k dps per totem) and needed to buff totems.

Now I see the pattern, ice spear is no attack spell, it is another frenzy gem for power charges.
quad totem now possible? AHAHAHA my templar in standard will skyrocket with that change

but anyway, that extra totem + flame totem hasn't been nerfed in later levels + magma orb for levelling => I got my build for the new league. sure it's just another variation of the one I've played to 85+ TWO times now, but whatever... this isn't like a game with diverse builds or anything, I end up playing the same thing over and over again every time, just like in Diablo 2

and yeah, time to craft 100 surgeon's... for myself! I sure as hell don't trade in a game with no auction house.

PS: I checked the new (?) skill tree, at least on the left side (which is the one I use exclusively) there is NO change that warrants a skill reset. so fucking annoying to have to do this every four months, I HATE IT
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 7, 2015, 4:05:26 AM
"
The moment you realise Leech buff is no buff at all.....

ya leech is still fked, casters and es builds need proper leech back again, the whole war on casters thing just has to stop, esp where leech is concerned. 0.2% leech on the belt and the weapon craft is just farcical, its so low it doesnt even exist in practice. There is absolutely no need to do this to top of the tree builds, their defenses are already utter shit compared to bottom half of the tree, why destroy their leech as well?

Its not balance, its making them game completely unbalanced in order to make a bunch of people crying about melee on the forums happy.

and are they happy? No, theyre still crying about melee and will always cry about melee regardless of what the actual game balance is, if they actually had a clue about the reality of the game they wouldnt be crying about melee, isnt that much obvious by now? Their problem with melee is that its melee and theyre not very good at it, this cannot be fixed, lets bloody move on, put casters and es builds back to where they need to be and lets have a proper game again instead of this nonsense.
"
Jerle wrote:
I like how they explicitly tell you what's considered a buff or nerf. lol.

yeah that's hilarious
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info