Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

Nerf cyclone more.

75% less crit chance because your character can't focus while spinning
There's a temporary on-line skill tree available at ExileTools for anyone interested:

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree
Pete's Simple Path of Exile Tools: http://exiletools.com
Item Price Lookup Macro, Ladder API, Price API, League Reports, Item Reports, and more!
Really wished sniper was not beyond that god forsaken EV/ES node.

Does anyone even use EV/ES since crown was neutered?

shadow lost 4% total from its starting life cluster as well as 2 20% crit chance nodes now completely removed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 7, 2015, 12:44:23 AM
"
Rory wrote:

Spell Damage Progression (Buffed)
Spell damage was starting to fall behind Attack damage later in the game, so we've increased the per-level damage increase of many spells. Most spells have increased in damage by 20% at gem level 20, and those that weren't performing well later in the game have been increased even further.

We've reduced the area of effect bonuses available in the tree slightly, but increased the base radius of some skills that were smaller than others like Storm Call and Glacial Cascade, as well as any corpse-destroying effects like Detonate Dead and Abyssal Cry.

Magma Orb and Arc (Buffed)
Magma Orb now gains an additional chain when the gem reaches a certain level, and Arc gains additional chains more frequently. This is because the damage penalty of the Chain support gem didn't justify the additional targets hit, so in practical usage, these skills didn't scale the number of targets hit as well as other skills did.

yay, more buff to Cast on Crit! Would like to read a manifesto post on how are you going to make self-casting look appealing when CoCS just takes any buff selfcasters get and multiply it 100-fold
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Cyclone nerf again, I swear you lot that keep complaining about it, its gonna get to the point where reave can clear maps literally twice as fast and you all will still be bitching about cyclone. Its almost there already and now were nerfing cyclone yet again.

We're already there, it's already been like this even before this change.

Unfortunately, this is the case when skills are balanced around their popularity.

If only popular skills were being balanced, then Searing Bond would literally never be touched. I've seen only two SB characters in all my time (over 3 years) playing this game - and both were levelling. I've never seen anyone play SB at end-game. Yet...there's a SB balance (actually a more complicated mechanic) change right there. Reave needs balance, yes. Cyclone, I think, is suffering from it being used more often than not for CoC Discharge, making it seem over-represented. Discharge needs a serious nerf, imo.

Overall, I like the changes.

Except for one - legacy flasks are lame. All legacy stuff is lame. And this is coming from an old player who has some. Right now, there's probably people making tons of Surgeons' flasks for before Talisman hits. Not only is the legacy-ing a bad move, announcing that legacy-ing makes it even worse. Surgeons' needed a nerf. But the game doesn't need legacies.

And don't bother with that silly "then go play in the temp leagues!" bullshit. Some of us don't want to have to level characters up and build up new currency and item stocks all the time in order to try new builds. Standard/HC prices are sensible enough, given their age - EXCEPT for stupid legacy shit.
"
pwx wrote:
There's a temporary on-line skill tree available at ExileTools for anyone interested:

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree

Thanks! It works. :)
I guess someone knew what we didnt know because 2 days ago someone bought all my surgeon flasks 1 ex each.. anyway lile the changes and agree on all points! :)
"
Nephalim wrote:
Really wished sniper was not beyond that god forsaken EV/ES node.

Does anyone even use EV/ES since crown was neutered?

shadow lost 4% total from its starting life cluster.

I've used that node. It's a good ES node for after you've finished taking the Witch ES nodes and/or the Unnatural Calm cluster and happen to be in the Shadow area for crit, DoT or Trap nodes. Even beats the Scion ES cluster in terms of efficiency, imo, though that would come next. The evasion comes as a bonus. And frankly, having some amount of evasion (as well as the ES recovery that used to come with it) goes well with ES since it regenerates after a few seconds of not being hit. Shame on the life, but oh well.
I hope this patch brings classic skills like storm call, fireball, ice spear and ice nova, ... back into the spotlight.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Nephalim wrote:

shadow lost 4% total from its starting life cluster as well as 2 20% crit chance nodes now completely removed.

Shadow is just temporarily down in Talisman, it's going god-mode in Ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info