Map Changes in 2.0.4

really all they had to do was just increase drop rates of maps to make them more sustainable.

LAST TIME THEY SAID MAP INCREASE IT DIDN'T REALLY SHOW A DIFFERENCE HOW CAN WE ACTUALLY TRUST THERE WILL BE.

also it is easier to get to 90 then it was before and yes there needs to be a breaking point between casual and more dedicated player. i would rather play more maps between 77-79 which actually are some of my fav maps in those levels compared to 80-82. if the changes means that you will get more maps or can sustain maps for that lvl or now tier then before then thats all that matters. the xp change i can live with. it should be a push for it. with higher maps it should be more balanced would of been easier now that there was lvl 82 maps. Grinding should be fun and with that meaning if maps fell for that lvl or now tier or higher and can sustain those evenly then really it wont matter.

my fun is that if you are doing lvl 82 maps. then you should be able to sustain them. Meaning you should have 1 drop to replace the one you are doing, so you can keep playing that level or now tier. which if it is more sustainable and consistant to run then there wont be a problem getting to level 100. as of now with not being able to sustain even level 77 maps and running even 10 in a row and not getting one back is the problem. If it is more consistant and sustainable then there is no stress or making it harder to level if you are not dying. realistically if they do make it that maps will be more sustainable that you will get maps to fall for that tier or lvl or higher then that is fine and should be fine. The exp change from 99-100 shouldn't bother people this game as I know or they haven't said is not finished and nothing should be held as of finished meaning item mods or changes to exp. If they ever do bring out another act and increase or add new map lvl or now tiers. Then there will be a decrease in exp gain for higher maps until the game is considered finish and the balance is there for you to sustain the maps that you are running.

A end game system should be sustainable and evenly ran. If the change from 99-100 gives us the balance then that is a great price to pay. There is always a price to pay for choices and changes.

Yes it is stupid to change it from levels to tiers also, now i will have to just guess wich tier i can do without dying so i will guess and just go from t1 then up to where i feel comfy playing at. At the moment I was able to do 79 maps ok but even playing 77-79 was a challange only, because maps didn't fall and had to spend currancy on the maps. If the make it to where you wont need to buy maps and waste currance to get them and can be found in the enviroment then that will lessen the stress of getting higher lvls and a more balance to spending currancy on gear to make your character better. There is always a price to pay when spending currancy or money on anything there is a choice, but it shouldn't have to be spent on the end game to actually play the content the pve part. it should be more focused to getting the character geared or perfecting the character.

Also for map problem for deaths are not only spike and visual effect from ground effects.

Yes act 4 monsters are unbalanced but that shouldn't surprise anyone since the only testing was done was actual this league. Beta feed for maps was low and since it was out in a league form more played and more data is gathered. Simple logic.

GAME SHOULD BE FUN OVERALL ESPECIALLY THE END GAME SYSTEM TO ANY GAME. THAT IS WHAT KEEPS PLAYERS HERE IN THE LONG RUN.

rawrawr
Last edited by Phish on Sep 24, 2015, 11:45:20 AM
I like the increased drop rate. While I agree that the top tier maps should be about investing if you want to have a consistent pool, I do believe that up to 78/79, the drop rate should be slightly higher. Hopefully this buff will do the trick.

The map tiers... it'll do.

Also yey for the improved performance with ground effects. Keep up the good work GGG :)

WOW GGG WOTH A FOK MAN? AM LEVEL 89 IN YOURE POE STANDART LEAGUE AND WOTH A HELL SO GRIND NOW MAKE WORSE????? I CAN NO MAKE LEVELT 100 LIKE FAST 1% NOW NO CAN EVER DO IT??????

SHAME MAP DROP LOW = NO PLAYER DO GAME ANYMORE!!!!!! NO DIE POE CUZ BAD MAP DROP DIE POE CUZ BAD DEVILOPER!!!!!

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
"
Chris wrote:

Map Levels are now Tiers
There are 15 tiers of maps, from level 68 to 82 inclusive. We've struggled for ages with the confusion caused by this. Players expect to play maps of their level (which can be way too hard for them), or make arguments about that they're level 95+ and can't find a level 80 map. Players with backgrounds in contemporary MMORPGs expect to play content equivalent to their level.

Brilliant!

"
JIIX wrote:

Tiers are a stupid idea. Tier make sense when each tier is more difficult than the previous tier.

Maybe "Players with backgrounds in contemporary MMORPGs that expect to play content equivalent to their level." should get smarter and adjust their expectation. But apparently they are the same idiots that can't make the difference between required level and item level.

There are many mechanics in this game that are confusing as hell. Map level is not one of them.

True but some of them are really dense.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Sep 24, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
Please reconsider the map Tier system change. I don't mind adding Tiers, but please keep the map level visible too.
Softcore, solo self-found.
----- Currently: -----
Power Siphon Locus Mine Trickster in Settlers of Kalguur
"
Phish wrote:
really all they had to do was just increase drop rates of maps to make them more sustainable.

All you have to do is read my reply on the previous page. Every map level is sustainable, every single one.
"
xD4DDYx wrote:
There's a lot of confused people around here. Chris' statement about high level maps being run through Zana is meant to read; "People running high level maps with Zana mod."

The people here who still complain about map drops - please take this test:

Get any level map (highest level you have) throw 4-chisels on it, alc it and re-roll until you get "pack size" Now, put that into Zana map device with 3 SAC pieces and roll Zana's Ambush map mod. Grab 60+ alts, stack of Aug's and a couple of Transmutes and Scours. Enter map, roll "+3 Magic Monsters" on every box in the map and report back here with how many maps you return.

There is nothing wrong with map drop rates. Map drop rates for the higher tier are balanced around investment - just like everything else in this game. You want the best gear? Grind and invest. You want 8/8 challenges? Huge investment needed. Want to reach level 100? Invest your currency in maps.

Go on Poe.trade, buy a 79 Arsenal or Shipyard map and roll it as above. That will be the last map you will have to buy if you roll your maps as I mentioned above.

The experience nerf of the 82's is not punishing the elite players and everyone else. It's a proven fact that in a ladder situation, enthusiasm for the League is severely dampened the moment someone reaches that milestone. A goal that people need to have in ARPG is instantly devalued at that moment. This has a knoc-on effect for the community. People stop playing, people stop trading and the rest of us with different goals suffer because of a limited player base.

The longer it takes anyone to reach level 100 is best for retention of players on the whole. It makes the league last it's due course, which is great for... everyone? I think so.

Oh snap....the truth is out there now.....damn, now everyone will have thousands of maps lvl 81-82

First of all, even if you do roll map that way, there is 0 guarantee you will get any map in return, but it's ok, you are completly unexperienced so lets forget about that for a second

What people, atleast i, are whining is, that map drops are balanced exactly about what you said, and by balanced i mean you have small chance to keep your lvl 78-80 pool

And to do that you need 1 Ex in currency for lets say 2 maps to play them.....

Now tell me, how fucked up end game is where you need to farm/trade 1 whole day to play 3-4 maps that will give you some experience?

"
1) Remove "Tiers". Its an arbitrary number that doesn't mean anything to anyone. For someone not wanting to confuse players, you're doing a great job with this idea.

2) Stop basing your changes on the 1% who do it and open it up to the 99%. "Its too easy because one or a group were able to get to 100, so because of a dozen or so players, the few thousand that are playing will have to receive exp penalties for it". It is not a "challenge" to get to 100. It is a waste of time to get to 100. Only a few get to 100 because its not worth the time. Even with your EXP change, the same dozen people will probably still get to 100 and the rest will be lest inclined to bother leveling.

People enjoy progress. Leveling up a new character feels like progress. Grinding in maps does not feel like progress, and slowing it down even more as you're proposing and you're basically just killing any interest to level.

If you want to gather "feedback from players", try starting now before you push things like this into the game.

One day, this game will just lose what's left of its players and be left with about the 100 super dedicated players as GGG continues to kill off the rest with poor decisions.

All this ^

GGG your mandate is flawed and has been for a year and a half. If you're not building and growing the game it's dying. You're spending your time "rules lawyering" the shit out of your own game. You lost sight of the fun and replaced it with balance. More content and builds, less repetition.
Interesting, but aside from significantly decreasing exp from highest tier maps, there aren't any bigger changes (more like some QoL improvements), which is quite disappointing.

About ground effects... please... just temporary remove those fucking mods and reintroduce them when you're actually DONE fixing performance issues they currently bare...
nice, balance around the rmt...
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info