Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
fix bug connect to servers pls

Can you explain this issue in more detail please?
its great that you adding colored maps to the game, unless your colorblind, from your example I could not distinguish the difference. guess I will just roll and go.
In this league You didn't need to be a no lifer for reach lvl 100 at all you can do 99-100 in not even one week if you play 3 hours a day... But some ppl want everything with no efort... They play 5 char at same time in one league and complain because they are not 100 after 4 weeks...
Ofc if you chain die, spend all your currency in crafting stuff or gear your 5 reroll your not gonna make it. It's not a blizzard game even if you don't need to be a no life you still have to do some choice.

99-100 in 2.0 is like 94-95 in open beta when higest map was 77. Before it was really to hard but now its really to easy .
This game.... *shakes head and walks away!
Tiers are a stupid idea. Tier make sense when each tier is more difficult than the previous tier.

Maybe "Players with backgrounds in contemporary MMORPGs that expect to play content equivalent to their level." should get smarter and adjust their expectation. But apparently they are the same idiots that can't make the difference between required level and item level.

There are many mechanics in this game that are confusing as hell. Map level is not one of them.

There's a lot of confused people around here. Chris' statement about high level maps being run through Zana is meant to read; "People running high level maps with Zana mod."

The people here who still complain about map drops - please take this test:

Get any level map (highest level you have) throw 4-chisels on it, alc it and re-roll until you get "pack size" Now, put that into Zana map device with 3 SAC pieces and roll Zana's Ambush map mod. Grab 60+ alts, stack of Aug's and a couple of Transmutes and Scours. Enter map, roll "+3 Magic Monsters" on every box in the map and report back here with how many maps you return.

There is nothing wrong with map drop rates. Map drop rates for the higher tier are balanced around investment - just like everything else in this game. You want the best gear? Grind and invest. You want 8/8 challenges? Huge investment needed. Want to reach level 100? Invest your currency in maps.

Go on Poe.trade, buy a 79 Arsenal or Shipyard map and roll it as above. That will be the last map you will have to buy if you roll your maps as I mentioned above.

The experience nerf of the 82's is not punishing the elite players and everyone else. It's a proven fact that in a ladder situation, enthusiasm for the League is severely dampened the moment someone reaches that milestone. A goal that people need to have in ARPG is instantly devalued at that moment. This has a knoc-on effect for the community. People stop playing, people stop trading and the rest of us with different goals suffer because of a limited player base.

The longer it takes anyone to reach level 100 is best for retention of players on the whole. It makes the league last it's due course, which is great for... everyone? I think so.

Last edited by xD4DDYx on Sep 24, 2015, 11:31:09 AM
I am very happy to see these problems adressed. And i hope to see more improvement after testing it in the 1month leagues. :)
i didn't liked map tiers, it sounds more confusing than the changes in 2.0.0

and about getting lv 100 fast... really? i'm with 1k hours and i have max lv 92. Ok, i didn't played only with one character but it's not easy to get 100
Allways looking forward for a new patch.

But i wounder what the excuse is on having the gem Discharge killing peoples computers? I see people including me wounder why that is.. And why not change the animation to a lesser death of computer experiance? Not seen single answer from any GGG admins about it..

Care to enlighten us?.. or me
im ok with eveything minus switching lvl 68-82 to tier1-tier 15 naming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info