Map Changes in 2.0.4

yeaaa... that's a way to confuse people. raising map drops always makes me happy, but using tiers instead of map levels is just weird. not only will it confuse those here since ever but new players as well, since they won't know the level of their map when thinking about avoiding penalties. aren't the colour tiers (3) enough? you see the the colour tier and know which range of levels you're in. with sorting maps after tiers which represent the level you may as well get a different colour for every tier 1-15: path of the coloured map stash tab.

being I'd guess one of thousands of people who play on an everyday basis but not belonging to the top tier of players I really can't agree with the experience changes... I get that you don't want to see lv 100 in a few days when starting a league, but that is how the grind for 100 works. there will always be people who feel the urge to grind the shit out of poe, and if you make it harder they'll grind even harder... you can't change that. the only difference you make is to the casual type of player. I don't have a character above 91, because it's hard enough to get even there. there are 89 lv 100 charas in tempest and warbands right now. I think that's not a lot giving the fact that there are always more people joining poe, so of course the number will rise, but that's no need to try to lower it. just makes the grind stronger for everyone else, who isn't enjoying the grind that much.

lastly ground effect changes are very welcome, it's kinda dumb to avoid those more than -maxres because they're hard to process and kill your fps :D

and yea zana before drops might mean village ruin, which is the only high tier which I got in a zana map, then I found it as a map and killed the bird dude and got raped by an enraged steelchaw or what he's called: 6k hit dmg is fun when you're melee and have 6.1k life :D
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
You moved my cheese?

Pro
1. Slightly better map drops.
2. Ground effects changes.
3. Color coding

Con
1. XP required for 99-100 doubled. Hmmm, then we doubled it.

LOL
1. Tiers

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Last edited by Mr_Bill on Sep 24, 2015, 7:15:09 AM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
From an e-mail I sent to GGG today.

[...] For example, I played this chiseled-alched Springs Map (78) yesterday, witch 2x bosses, 2x Exiles and I also met 2x warbands. I played with a friend, so 2x players as well. The result? ZERO MAP DROPS. If that isn't unfair, I don't know what is.

What's more, quite often we play 76+ maps only to get various map drops that are 69-70-71 ........what's the point of this? The only thing we can do with those are to use them for the chisel recipe! But, if I want to find maps for the chisel recipe, I can either quickly farm low level maps with my high level character or even farm docks or dried lake.

The thing is, the players feel NO REWARDS when they spend tons of currency to roll maps.

This is not about making the game easier, but FAIR. Leave the difficulty as is, but REWARD players. For example, you could make some GUARANTEED MAP DROPS if the map is rare with certain IIQ / difficulty so that we can actually USE OUR CURRENCY TO ROLL IT ( which quite often is a lot more expensive than buying white maps). For example, PLAYER ROLLS 70+ iiq = guaranteed map drop of the same level. He rolls 90-100+ = guaranteed map drop +1 level. And so on! 110+ or sth = guaranteed map drop +2 levels. Remember, the 10% XP PENALTY IS ALREADY HARSH in high levels! So, giving the players a little something to reward them, sounds quite fair, don't you think?

This way you let the players PLAY the game, not getting frustrated about wasting their currency and time!

P. S. That Tier change is wrong and unnecessary on so many levels, it will alienate many of the older players.

As per the 2.0 map changes: Only (1) boss can even drop a map, exiles cannot drop maps, and extra monsters (beyond mobs) also cannot drop maps. Personally I think these changes were terrible but they are documented in the patch notes.
i really dont see the point of switching from levels to tiers.

And people will complain about map drops anyway, since even if they get 10% more maps they will need 50% more maps to actually level up. So all in all the situation will be 40% worse than now
The tier system is not needed at all. What is the point of that? There is nothing confusing about it. It is simply something people need to learn about. Thats it. You want to know what the most important thing in this game is? Item Levels. You want to know what information your getting rid of with this change? Item levels that drop in maps. There is so little information in game and the UI is so... cluttered and not organized... and now your just making things worse.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
Hi there,

I do not know how to react to the change here.

Even if for a player like me to have better map drop to be able to progress even more is nice, it does not change the different problems we have.

- End game content is still gated by RNG.
- Even if I can follow the change in Tier Map (actually I like it) instead of Map level, It does not change that an unlucky lvl 95 player will still have to run low level content and will not progress anymore if he cannot loot some decent map.
- End game content (Atziri) still block behind low lvl content that block progression. (I do not want to trade, I want to play)
- You need to trade to find better gear letting you make the end game content you "may" find. It would be time to have a rework of trading.

I think it will be time to have some new stuff for end game. Maybe in a future patch ?

I think it is good that you try things like this, it means that you saw that there is some problem here.

Keep up the good work !

Good changes.
Colours? Kinda meh, I'd prefer stacking by base name of the map up to three - it would help a lot in collecting vendor sellable packages of low level maps.

Tiers? Well, on one hand side it is pretty the same shit but different name - add 67 to the tier and you have old map level. On the other hand it's bit confusing, especially when comparing to the normal content instances which still are using standard levels. So when you're newbie you're going through acts and all the time you have map levels and when you get into mapping eventually you have to switch to artificial tiers. What's more someone is saying that ok dude, you can do some basic math and you know on what level actually you're playing. For me unnecessary change.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Sep 24, 2015, 7:41:42 AM
I know you guys are trying hard. But definitally you have an hidden agenda that is not clear for the community.

A lot of people are stuck in the 75ish map bracket, they cant get to higher level not by difficulty but because they cant get map.

They dont need gizmo color, renaming, they just need map that bring a challenge to their caracter without needing to use all their currency on it.

Its crazy to ask a hero, hey mate gimme your currency so instead of buying gear for your next caracter you can fight an underleveled enemy.
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
What do you mean leveling too quickly. -10% is like 5 level 78 maps and 82 maps are 1 exalt. Idk.. Sure you can reduce the exp gain, but a lot of us solo players can't do maps because there's no map drop. Even if with 20 Chisels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info