Map Changes in 2.0.4

Increased map drop rates are welcome... less XP gained is not welcome, but i understand the change... change levels to tiers will be great because actually map level 80, 81 or 82 have almost same difficult when you alch them with nasty mods.

Zana Dailies, should back to be hard maps with hard mods and reward some maps too, it's one daily at day anyway and many players only have short time to play and enjoy doing this missions.

As I see at least I will not spend my currency buying maps anymore, Ambush Zana mod looks mandatory with the new changes if you want to gain some XP above lvl 95.

"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"In order to resolve this confusion, maps now display a tier rather than a level. The level can easily be calculated."

No one wants you to remove the level. The tier addition is great - the level removal is not. Some hidden information is okay - but giving us information and then taking it away is just annoying.

=(
"
Map Tiers. Don't do it. Just DON'T.

I am only here to back this up. What a poor change. I realize you guys are sick of getting the feedback "I want to play content of my level!" but really, this is the most obtuse way of handling it.

Please leave map names as they are. As other people mentioned, this really won't help anyone, and is only going to create further confusion about item levels, map-only unique drops, etc.

Just don't do it, please.
Team Won
Higher tier maps need to be harder and have more rewards, so that players aren't able to farm with a IIQ/IIR build but are rewarded for using their strongest build.
too easy to get to 100?

Horrible change, some of us have a life and making it take longer to get to 100 just makes me not want to even play.
They should be adding higher level content or reducing the min xp penalty so that the player can have progression without top tier uber atziri gear. Making it take even longer is a cheap way of extending game life.
It isn't fun to play countless hours only to die to a lag spike on ggg servers and lose possibly a weeks progress. The 1% min gain for xp was already making it take twice as long and a pain in the ass in my opinion to go above 90, let alone to 100. It is entirely RNG based if you can get to the higher tiers anyways and cost a large investment of currency that would be more fun to use on a new character.

I wish they would stop balancing the game around people who can play the game 8 hours a day or more. Who cares if you can get to max level "too quickly" if you play the game 40+ hours a week. The fun is in making new characters anyways and finding new ways to be different.

Very poor game design choice, lacking imagination and innovation.

Last edited by nadakuu on Sep 24, 2015, 8:41:22 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Players expect to play maps of their level

wtf? Never has this sense playing PoE.
Aren't you thankful
My IGN: EKUnique
I like the changes overall, but idk how I feel about the Tier 1-15 labeling of maps... I'm going to miss the old 66-78 (now 68-82).

Also, it would be AWESOME if we had something like greater rifts from D3 in PoE, something to give league players to strive for throughout the entirety or the league. Most players will play for a couple weeks and take a break until a new league is released, and I feel that if we had some type of leaderboard (besides racing) in which a player can feel like he is making progress and want to keep leveling (paragon levels) for other reasons besides reaching level 100. Because lets face it, reaching 100 and getting those extra passives is great and all, but the amount of time is takes to actually do this is too long for most players (let alone its becoming longer). All in all, something other than racing for end game in leagues where players can compete against each other would be an amazing addition to PoE!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
the high tier map drops won't effect me, since i never go that far, but i really appreciate how much thought was put into it.

this looks like a great change to me.
Nice !!
(🌸°__°)
Mirror service thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743892

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info