Map Changes in 2.0.4

Good for people who already have a level 100.
Bad for people who don't have them yet.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.

I think the name change to "tiers" is awesome. Trivially prevents so much annoyance that is due to mere misperception.

But I want lower maps to be *harder*, not *easier* as they will now be made. Because, with higher maps gated behind currency investment and luck ("RNG"), I still want access to challenging content.

(OK, I don't want difficulty *spikes*. But I do want a sustained level of high difficulty. E.g. I would like map mods that synergise to create difficulty, like -max and added elemental damage, being all prefixes or all suffixes, which I'll only get on rare maps, so I have a choice how hard to make my lower maps, while I don't have access to higher maps yet. Note: highER maps here refers to mid-tier maps as well, not just 80+ maps. P.S. how about an extra bonus for running synergistic map mods *together*?)

I never considered map distinction system to be confusing. In fact map lvl clearly indicates base ilvl of loot and allows players to easily control effective xp gain range. With tier system players would still have to check what map lvl corresponds to what tier, so it seems counter productive.

If you are set on introducing tiers, then I suggest to include information of area lvl/loot ilvl and effective percentage of xp gain relative to current character lvl on 'alt' press (just like now we can check map ilvl)(BTW. does map ilvl have any influence on what mods can be rolled? I don't thin so. So it could be replaced anyway)

In therms of map drops, I got stuck in 75-76 map range. I had 2 78's and 4-5 77's drops, thats all despite every 75+ map i ran was chiseled and alched for at least 80%+ iiq. I stopped mapping when I actually started to spend more currency on rolling maps then i gained from running them.
I think these map drop changes are kinda...empty???

You drop more maps but it will now take you longer to level. So you give something in one hand and take from the other. So what's the point???

Noone asked for tiers and people who run maps regularly have no issue with differentiating between the maps. How does tiers help anyway I just don't get it. Your argument is that MMORPG players like to run content at their level but just doing a renaming exercise is not going to magically allow them to run at their level. It's still 68-82 so what's the point???

Colour coding maps I guess is a small QoL change but really, most people file their maps in stash according to level anyway. You're not going to confuse a high level map from a low one...and if you're a noob to mapping you're not going to see a 79-82 map (for a long time) so not sure how colour coding helps???

Keep XP the same and just make minor adjustments to the drop rates of the top tier maps. Why you are balancing around nolifers for 100 is beyond me. The majority of your donaters are not nolifers - we have jobs that why we can support your game. But if you make it near impossible for anyone but nolifers to reach 100 you will definitely lose my support. There no way anyone in the right mind that has that much time to play this game and have a job, family, kids, other hobbies. Stop screwing things up already, fixing things that dont need fixing and not fixing things that do!!!

Last edited by kurOsawa79 on Sep 24, 2015, 5:23:41 AM
"
Full details tomorrow.

You have my attention.

Kudos on finally peeling back the difficulty spikes (at least in lower-level content) I can't wait to see if you ever peel it back entirely and leave it for opt-in only content. Traditional ARPG veterans like myself aren't playing to engage with the hardcore challenge, and we experience this definition of difficulty as intrusive and annoying.
Last edited by WSLaFleur on Sep 24, 2015, 5:26:38 AM
GGG nerf everything, after awakening patch lots of players had already left playing and switched to other games. It seems when Act 5 comes no body left here to play that.
"
vio wrote:
chris: you missed the opportunity to explain your players (again) that the restricted access to endgame is by design so players spend massive currency to access endgame.
this seems the biggest problem for many.

An sole reason this game will never be great, just interesting curiosity in the shadow of D2. Restricting content access was never a good design.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Sep 24, 2015, 5:33:32 AM
GGG make these map drop chance and exp chances to all patches.. and nothing never rly chance.. After 2.0.0 only one 81 map drop and i play a lot. Now i playing in std and mods is insane, and no maps.. I dont believe that shit in this manifesto.
please stop balancing the game around 1% of the players, because it's definitely the other 99% that pay your bills
"
grawobi wrote:
please stop balancing the game around 1% of the players, because it's definitely the other 99% that pay your bills

+1
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info