Map Changes in 2.0.4

Now they are going to nerf Zana in maps , great just great ...
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
Zkyfox wrote:
we, the players are getting tired of your desperate balance changes.
The Players

stop speaking for me, please.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
NoNamium wrote:
I exclusively play new standard leagues and the permanent standard league.
My highest lvl character is level 95 and I have more 5 in the 90's.

I have accepted never reaching lvl 100, since if I should die a lose 10% of my levels exp, I basically just waste an entire day. Which is something I can't waste having a regular job and other responsibilities.

The reward of those extra 5 skillpoints also feel lack-luster when you finally spent a month of 2 hour sessions, dying a few times, and then get to click a single skill-point that gives me 60 extra life or ES.

I'm certainly not one of the best players, but I'd like the game much more if everyone, not actively trying to make the game hard for themselves, were able to reach lvl 100 within a reasonable timeframe.
After lvl 100, you could have something akin to "Paragon"-levels to incentivise the top tier players to compete for the top spots during seasons.

Kind regards
NoNamium

I bolded the part I am responding to. I have also never understood why they are so against people hitting level 100. I consider myself a casual but have lots of time and would love to hit 100 one time, but I like to play solo and I realize that will never happen and now even less of a chance since I quit early this new league and won't be back unless the changes are made for the middle class and not the top 5%.
Last edited by papas88063 on Sep 24, 2015, 4:29:59 AM
"
XxLabanxX wrote:
I really don't like the change in map levels to tiers. There was nothing wrong or confusing about the way it was. Map level told you the base level of the monsters inside the map. It was no different then zones on the world map displaying monster levels. If people can understand that then they can understand map levels. I am rarely critical of changes that are made but this is pretty bad and pointless. If this is actually a problem in the game that people don't understand then changing it to tiers seems like nothing more than repainting a room and calling it new. It will change nothing in the eyes & minds of the way existing players view them and It will only be more confusing to new players. New players will spend the whole game basing difficulty off of monster levels on the world map and not even know what level monsters they will encounter until the open up the map short of having to go online (more than likely will have to resort to a 3rd part site for the details) and look up the information first. Very poor change in my opinion

+1

Chris you said "Players expect to play maps of their level" : But Players don't play Act2-3-4 area of their level

W. T. F.

if you want to make the climb to 100 harder, make it harder...and gate top end progression with difficulty. not even more grind for everyone of maps that don't even drop, and need to bought with currency...so you're either a cookie cutter cost effective top tier flavor of the league running top end content, or a decked out build with no worthy content to run

ffs, watching havoc 24/7 dried lake for 2 weeks isn't twice as interesting as 1 week
"
Psyringe wrote:
Nice to see work on the maps, but the statements in the OP seem to be aimed at actually making the game less enjoyable, or maybe I'm understanding them wrong.

"High level maps run through Zana" is a mystery to me since Zana doesn't offer any high level maps in the first place.

Reducing the perceived need for high-level maps by even further increasing the grind level seems rather backwards to me.

Relabeling the map levels into tiers looks like a cover-up rather than a solution to a problem. So now there still won't be adequate content for high level players, they still will get massive XP gain penalties even on the highest level maps, they will have to grind even more than before, and it somehow should feel better because now the maps are labeled with "tiers" instead of "levels"? I'm afraid the only logic that I can see in that would require a rather cynical attitude on behalf of GGG, and I don't really want to believe that.

What I'm taking away from this announcement, is that GGG remains very focused on keeping high-profile players inside the grinding wheel, while continually making the game less attractive for people like me. Not sure if that was the intention, but it's the impression I get. :(

This guy sums up my frustrations.
ABM Dr Morbius
there are 59 players who got to 100 in warbands; that's about 2months and a half or 2 months and 3 weeks?.
can GGG tell us what's the right mount of 100's they'd like to have in that time spawn or have they balanced the getting to 100 based on Etup alone?.
what is the GGG desired 1 to 100 /played time?
"
testinglk wrote:
W. T. F.

if you want to make the climb to 100 harder, make it harder...and gate top end progression with difficulty. not even more grind for everyone of maps that don't even drop, and need to bought with currency...so you're either a cookie cutter cost effective top tier flavor of the league running top end content, or a decked out build with no worthy content to run

ffs, watching havoc 24/7 dried lake for 2 weeks isn't twice as interesting as 1 week

+1
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
I feel like the attempt to change the way people see their level relative to the content is poorly designed. All it will do is further confuse those new to mapping by not showing them the levels of the maps they are finding. While the people complaining and eventually new mappers will still know what level zone they are in and still complain about the experience they will be getting in their grind to level 100. Some changes are in the right direction, but overall underwhelming changes.
Once more into the fray
Last edited by tyrantcr on Sep 24, 2015, 4:43:23 AM
"
vio wrote:
q: do maps show the tier instead the level in the instance description you get by pressing tab?
who cares, just add 67 if it is "tier"
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info