Map Changes in 2.0.4

As a solo player I am really pleased with these changes. Also, I think the map tearing system is much more user friendly. To begin it will cause some confusion, but as time passes I believe it will be a lot more functional than the current system. Before mapping, you associate the areas you can level in with the level of the area, so to see the spike in difficultly when your character can match that of the map has always been off.
I dont like its called tier. yes easy to calculate, but do you WANT TO calculate every time? its not only people wanting to reach 100 playing maps, who will have everything regarding maps engraved in their brains.
Why run high level maps if there is no experience for it. I'm so sorry the .0001 of players can get to level 100. You are going to loose player incentive to grind in favor of games with reward for their grinding.
Why nerf XP for everyone when you can just give a 50% XP penalty to the top 30 players of prior leagues? And stack those penalties if they keep winning. Also nerf etup's XP by 90%

Intense challenge? check.
Amazing accomplishment? check.
More fun for the community? check.
Longer lasting race? check.

win, win, win, win.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

While rare, and shitty as a daily, Zana is HUGE now when encountering her in a map and the possibility of opening a +1 map in a high tier map, which can then drop maps that the map she was in couldn't, has big implications.

I haven't played in a few weeks but from what I remember her spawn rate wasn't anything to write home about. What, maybe 1 in 10 maps? If that truly had such a meaningful impact on high tier (ha!) map progression, surely it would need to be nerfed seeing how the one lvl 77 (on average more like 76) map you could get from her once per day was apparently unacceptable.

1 in 14 if it is still a 50% chance over 7 masters (although, I feel it could now be lower).

It has such a meaningful impact not because she is common (which she isn't) or that she, in herself, gives a lot of map progression, she has such a meaningful impact because the normal progression is so bad.
Casually casual.

"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
Seems to go in the right direction, but..

Not a word about map portals d/c bug ?
And not a word about Zana daily maps being too low for high level players ?

I was doing much reverse cyclone lately and all I can say is that the DC in my case was about loot filter and items. When I placed a portal far far away from slain monsters and items I could join without a problem. As soon as I was entering in the near of items on the ground or many mobs, the Map got REKT by an unexpected disconnection occured.

So I think this has something to do with that or at least it could be, just my experience.
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
Last edited by m_k4y on Sep 24, 2015, 5:04:35 AM
I hate this Tier system. Please keep zone level with "alt" or something.

By the way, maybe instead of worrying how fast people will farm level 100, add some other system to reward their efforts. Like Fame for killing map bosses or rare monsters in maps, which can be later exchange for some small extra stats (d3 style) or currency.

As you hit level 100, there is pretty much nothing to do. Actually, as you hit 90+ you need to grind for ages to level. It's ok, but could be much more exciting with some kind of reward for doing this.

Also I'm not sure if just 15% per map level justyfies the risk and investment of playing hard rolled top maps. With this system expensive 82 map will give 2 times as much exp as sustainable 77 map. Really not sure if that's worth it.

I hope these map drop increases won't be miniscule as all previous drop buffs.
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
If the tier system dictated DIFFICULTY and MOD AVAILABILITY but was open to every single map in the game, THEN you'd be on to something amazingly awesome.

Like you get a map drop and it says Tier 12 and you ID it and it can roll ANY map into the Tier 12 difficulty range--i.e. a Tier 12 Crypt or something.

Now THAT would be amazing. That coupled with an increase drop rate in maps would make for an amazingly robust system. It would eliminate the fatigue of running the same 3 tilesets over and over again as well as open up all the amazing tile-sets you guys have created to everyone.

this would be logical and great for the game, meaning they will never implement it :)
Pre 2.0 maps and post 2.0 maps of same tier have two tiers of difference in difficulty.
Sure less confusing than old system...

Most of the changes are good though. At least devs acknoweleged that act 4 monsters are more deadly than other monsters of same level. Monster tiers anyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info