Map Changes in 2.0.4

awesome
Seems to go in the right direction, but..

Not a word about map portals d/c bug ?
And not a word about Zana daily maps being too low for high level players ?
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Sep 24, 2015, 3:50:21 AM
Thx GGG for not letting me down!

this is exactly what i expected.

Doing it the GGG-way all along ...
One of my biggest issues is GGG seems to think PoE has this massive end-game with tons of challenging things to do.

Little do they know all we have is the Map system--and if we can't sustain a map pool equal or slightly below our character power level, we will get bored due to the lack of challenge and players will quit.

I mean, why do we strive for the best gear possible? Sure, the "attaining" it part has something to do with it, but it's mostly so we can do the hardest content in the game and clear it efficiently--when 99% of the playerbase can't even access that content due to some broken RNG and drop-rate system, you know something is seriously broken.

Why do you think Warbands and Tempest failed so miserably? Sure, the league mechanic wasn't the greatest, but the community at large has complained about the poor map drop rates for a long time--but ESPECIALLY during that insanely long beta-test.

To everyone in the thread posting, especially the positive people (as few as you are), I'd keep your expectations in check. GGG has said they've "raised the map drop rate" so many times I lost count yet the majority of the playerbase is still complaining--and for good reason too.
Last edited by FINALBOSS on Sep 24, 2015, 3:51:21 AM
Oh btw the map tier system that you guys thought of? It's silly like just keep the level; If you insist on keeping it show the levels, this is just going to confuse people.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
As I understand the map changes GGG is furthermore blocking the high end game from the casual players. Each time the wall becomes higher and higher. Great work.

If you think that increasing time needed to reach level 100 will make people to stick in the game for longer You are wrong. People get frustrated about map system an inability to progress beyond 77 maps.

You need to understand that system that is currently working regarding map drops is to random and situations that one map have 10 map drops and another 10 do not drop any map shouldn't occur.
If the tier system dictated DIFFICULTY and MOD AVAILABILITY but was open to every single map in the game, THEN you'd be on to something amazingly awesome.

Like you get a map drop and it says Tier 12 and you ID it and it can roll ANY map into the Tier 12 difficulty range--i.e. a Tier 12 Crypt or something.

Now THAT would be amazing. That coupled with an increase drop rate in maps would make for an amazingly robust system. It would eliminate the fatigue of running the same 3 tilesets over and over again as well as open up all the amazing tile-sets you guys have created to everyone.
Last edited by FINALBOSS on Sep 24, 2015, 3:59:56 AM
Path of Nerf. Yeah one more nerf. Keep nerfing until everyone left playing this game. Good Job.
How many times did they increase the map drops now? 4 or 5 times? this says alot about how the devs see their game and how players see the game! I bet the new droprates are still minimum double as few as they should!

Also i have never ever found a single 79 map this league... Probably because i am lacking in 76+77 maps because 75 map bosses NEVER EVER drop +2 for me? ah i see now the optimists are coming and telling me i have just bad rng... FUCK THAT... i played quite some 75-77 maps and do everyday my Zana (mostly 76) and if i am LUCKY i get 1 fucking lvl 77 mapdrop in 2 weeks...

This league is the absolute worse for single players EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR ENDGAME CONTENT is even RNG in the RNG seriousle GGG get a grip...

People playing in groups are more then 5 times as efficient, thats a slap in every single players face... I did not get it where the MMRPG is on your logo... because you need to massive multiplayer if you even want to think about progress!

Think about that one... Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info