ops wrong post, replied down
Last edited by andreicde on Aug 21, 2015, 3:10:52 PM
"
vacii wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:
"
vacii wrote:
Seems like a whole lot of stuff about nothing honestly. Some people got rich other people got jealous and I continue to level on. Oh well.

jealous is the 100% correct term here :)

You have the jealous people and then you have those that do not like the way GGG acted in this matter with Qarl's actions (spilling beans,covering after,etc) even though they pride themselves on ''letting players discover on their own'' while they were buddy buddy with some. Also there is a claim that this does not affect the players except for 0.0001% of them. Not true once again. You saw ex price?That affects everyone. Just food for thoughts

You should seriously read what wrote several posts above, like i said currency and it's price is an abstract thing that we invent, and the currency is worth only as much as we think it does. If you believe that 1ex is worth 1 c or it is worth 100c is your own opinion. You are comparing tomatoes with beans here.
That's the reason why GGG does not share the drop rates of currency cause this will flatten out the prices and this game will turn into a Korean grindfest.
I also believe that in our everyday bartering in POE underprice the value of most of the currency.

And if you do not like the way that GGG is going about their own game, the only thing you do is not play it anymore. and also what works for you is not necessarily working for everyone else. GGG is in it's right to make a decision what will work and what wont. Its hard to please 10 people imagine what is to please 10 or 20 million, and please give GGG a break.[/quote]

so it's my opinion that ex are 70c? True, try to buy them at 20c each, let's see how that works for you. You are right though, it is GGG's decision to make what they think is right, but as you and company accuse the rest of being ''butthurt and leave if you don't like it theory'', that actually affects POE quite a bit. Unlike Blizzard, EA games and other companies GGG is a small development team that relies on supporter packs. Now that the community is pissed, way less packs will be bought. As for your claim that GGG individuals are ''too smart'' to make mistake, look at 2.0 and how many people left (for obvious reasons). So go ahead, live in your ignorance bubble, but don't complain when you will only have 200 other players to deal with.[/quote]
"
grepman wrote:
"
3rra wrote:

I'm not talking about integrity or trusting the company, but some things should be disclosed properly, because without voc "dropping the bomb", things would have continued this way with ggg knowing everything an laughing while 99% of the playerbase is completely left in the dark.

um, and that is bad how ?

GGG intended it to be like that. there are STILL recipes out there that are not discovered by the community (that MAY be discovered by individual people by trial/error or sheer luck)

its not the first precedent in any way. GCP recipe (lvl 20 gem + gcp = lvl 1 20% quality gem) was not known until much later on in game's history and there was a similar public outcry

You just can't compare the mechanics of crafting with secret vedor recipes...........
"
mawcat wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
3rra wrote:

I'm not talking about integrity or trusting the company, but some things should be disclosed properly, because without voc "dropping the bomb", things would have continued this way with ggg knowing everything an laughing while 99% of the playerbase is completely left in the dark.

um, and that is bad how ?

GGG intended it to be like that. there are STILL recipes out there that are not discovered by the community (that MAY be discovered by individual people by trial/error or sheer luck)

its not the first precedent in any way. GCP recipe (lvl 20 gem + gcp = lvl 1 20% quality gem) was not known until much later on in game's history and there was a similar public outcry

You just can't compare the mechanics of crafting with secret vedor recipes...........
the impact might be different, but the gist is EXACTLY the same:

GGG put a craft/recipe mechanic in that no one was aware about. some people found out and kept hush about it. at some point one of the people who knew about it spilled the beans on reddit

just like in this instance, there were hordes of people saying economy is dead, and so on.

a lot of people got rich.people made a ton of money back then buying level 19 gems, leveling them to 20, gcp recipe them and sell 1/20% gems. theyd make an exalt on each gem.

so again, unless you're arguing that GGG has no right to keep big impact crafting methods undisclosed, its exactly the same. logically, they are exactly the same instance- GGG keeping mum, acknowledging that some people know about it, and being OK with it- and they said it multiple times it's INTENDED
Last edited by grepman on Aug 21, 2015, 3:21:01 PM
I have to say that I'm really disappointed with GGG now.

The expansion was great. The new content is good and the new build options were refreshing. I even think that the new meta-crafting options are great.

But the attitude of this reply by Chris makes me want to quit this game.

Quarls attempt to counter missinformation was commendable. It was a stand against scamming players with false info. A fair thing to do. But removing the post was disastrous. Not only did it leave the false info in place, it also gave a potentially huge advantage to a random sect of players that happened to see the comment. It gave a massive benefit based purely on luck. It is not really all that different from an advantage gained though the use of RMT.

That was bad, but we all make mistakes. The really disapointing thing happened after that initial mistakes.

GGG knew people were using the metamods. They knew why the exalt price was high. They knew that some players were using these metamods to craft high-end gear and making a killing. They knew that at least some of these players were keeping this a secret through spreading false info. And they propably understood that this meant that other players got less out of their drops and had to work harder to upgrade their gear due to inflated exalt prices.

They knew and did nothing. And now they say there is no problem and everything worked as intended. That there is an incentive to scam other players so you should expect to get scammed. Everything was working as intended.

The market was not broken because the market is about change anyways. The market works if there are people on the market and that is all.

But what is the point with such a market? A simulation? Something to study? Wasn't the point of having a market that it did something for the game, not the other way around? Wasn't the point that the market would enable players to make mutually beneficial deals to enhance their gameplay? To get more out of their gametime?

Now the market was used to scam people and the view is that it worked as intended. Promoting scamming is an intended feature.

That these people participating in these scams are "clever" and should be rewarded. I find this unbeliveable.

Then there is fuzzy part about the semantics of "change" and "remove". GGG must know that people interpret these words differently and you can't really expect people to know how you use them if you have not specified their use. You can't just downplay the relevance of Quarls leak. Also, due to the extreme cost of metamods, people were in a highly uneven position to test them out to begin with.

As developers you define the parameters of the market. It is not a easy thing to predict what comes out of those parameters, but you can't act as if you could not affect it. This time you chose to sanction behaviour that was bad for a big chunk of the playerbase. You should own up to this.

Clever scams based on privilidged info working as intended. Please reconsider your attitude.
GGG, PLEASE!! Wipe all characters in all leagues. Reveal all the recipes or just remove yet unknown ones. Fix all the orbs bugs... This the only thing that can save the game.
And do something with RMT Trading!!
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 21, 2015, 3:28:56 PM
"
Garfunkel wrote:
GGG, PLEASE!! Wipe all characters in all leagues. Reveal all the recipes or just remove yet unknown ones.
lol
"
Cipp wrote:

The expansion was great. The new content is good and the new build options were refreshing. I even think that the new meta-crafting options are great.

Quarls attempt to counter missinformation was commendable. It was a stand against scamming players with false info. A fair thing to do. But removing the post was disastrous. Not only did it leave the false info in place, it also gave a potentially huge advantage to a random sect of players that happened to see the comment. It gave a massive benefit based purely on luck. It is not really all that different from an advantage gained though the use of RMT.

That was bad, but we all make mistakes. The really disapointing thing happened after that initial mistakes.

GGG knew people were using the metamods. They knew why the exalt price was high. They knew that some players were using these metamods to craft high-end gear and making a killing. They knew that at least some of these players were keeping this a secret through spreading false info. And they propably understood that this meant that other players got less out of their drops and had to work harder to upgrade their gear due to inflated exalt prices.

They knew and did nothing. And now they say there is no problem and everything worked as intended. That there is an incentive to scam other players so you should expect to get scammed. Everything was working as intended.

The market was not broken because the market is about change anyways. The market works if there are people on the market and that is all.

But what is the point with such a market? A simulation? Something to study? Wasn't the point of having a market that it did something for the game, not the other way around? Wasn't the point that the market would enable players to make mutually beneficial deals to enhance their gameplay? To get more out of their gametime?

Now the market was used to scam people and the view is that it worked as intended. Promoting scamming is an intended feature.

That these people participating in these scams are "clever" and should be rewarded. I find this unbeliveable.

Then there is fuzzy part about the semantics of "change" and "remove". GGG must know that people interpret these words differently and you can't really expect people to know how you use them if you have not specified their use. You can't just downplay the relevance of Quarls leak. Also, due to the extreme cost of metamods, people were in a highly uneven position to test them out to begin with.

As developers you define the parameters of the market. It is not a easy thing to predict what comes out of those parameters, but you can't act as if you could not affect it. This time you chose to sanction behaviour that was bad for a big chunk of the playerbase. You should own up to this.

Clever scams based on privilidged info working as intended. Please reconsider your attitude.

Very well said,sir.(applaudes.)
"
"
Cipp wrote:

!!!
"
"
"
Cipp wrote:

!!!

Best post here, sums up my thoughts!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info