Spark

The skill gen states the sparks are projectiles. Is this spell effected by things like added projectile damage?
"
feuri wrote:
The skill gen states the sparks are projectiles. Is this spell effected by things like added projectile damage?

Yes, projectile spells like spark, freezing pulse, fireball do benefit from things such as projectile damage passives and the speed/damage on faster projectiles support gem.

(Other projectile supports like multiple projectiles and fork/chain work also, although there are certain rules about fork/chain occurence)
I tried to use sparks but it just lack so much compared to the control of fire and the ability to freeze with ice. IMO it should naturally pass through everything, and be on a 2-3 second timer before it disappears. Frost spells pass through multiple people and sparks you can't even control.
1 second of 100% piercing of current effect is moderate enough.
Feedback from Jan 2013 Open Beta - Spark.

Class: Witch
Build: Lightning focused
Level: 17
Act: Up to the end of Act 1
Solo/Group: Solo play.

I attempted to have a complete lightning focused witch using only the lightning based gems I came across. I used Spark to farm most of act 1, except for the final boss which I found impossible to solo with.

The spell dominates with right passives/supports in specific situations. Specifically narrow hallways and closed in areas where the bounce effect is to the players advantage. Short to Mid range the player can guide it 'ok' or just shotgun easier mobs in the face with it. For major bosses at my level it sucks hardcore, especially when dealing with large shields.

4/5 stars for soloing an entire act.
1/5 stars for major boss battles in finale of act 1.

Last edited by 99Beers on Jan 27, 2013, 1:08:58 AM
Feedback open beta

Class: Templar
Build: Life/regeneration based shortrange/melee range caster (spark/ice nova)
Lvl: 38
Act: 1 cruel
Playstyle: Solo play

First of all this skill has a huge variance: In some situations the skill is good in other situations not so good (bosses/ areas with small groups of high life monsters) and in some situations the skill is almost useless (e.g. in rooms with a lot of barriers where monsters can hide and shoot over it)

edit2:
I was wrong, got rid of Elemental Equilibrium again. It doesnt work well with spark because spark is so uncontrollable.
Still having big problems with bosses (except cruel Brutus he was pretty easy because of his low lightning resist - but anyway I died once because of his high dmg)
Rare bosses with regeneration stat and lightning resist sometimes are almost invincible...
Without Detonate Dead summoners are really difficult (you cant defeat some summoner bosses without it using spark as main attack)
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 28, 2013, 8:29:38 PM
I just can't find this answer anywhere, but can anyone explain how spark is better than arc on a dual totem templar? Damage-wise at lvl 50 I put out a LOT more arc damage than spark when both are even levels. Spark also barely moves from the totem, and barely fills the room. Arc will easily fill an entire room in a second or two and rapid fire a single target with ease.

BerMalBerIst1 wrote: What if GGG doesn't nerf anything and decides to buff a bunch of stuff?

666lol666 wrote: In that case someone has kidnapped their kids and is forcing them to do so. These guys are allergic to buffs, they are in love with the nerfhammer!
spark + fork = multiplication
or spark + 100% piercing = 3.5 seconds of "AoE" in closed areas.

people forget that second one which is the old fashion heavenly sparks. fork is just easier and less guess work. arc however is even less guesswork and no one seems to care how general and all purpose it is.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
spark + fork = multiplication
or spark + 100% piercing = 3.5 seconds of "AoE" in closed areas.

people forget that second one which is the old fashion heavenly sparks. fork is just easier and less guess work. arc however is even less guesswork and no one seems to care how general and all purpose it is.

But If I am a str/int templar then how am I going to be able to level fork up enough or get enough pierce to make it worth it?
BerMalBerIst1 wrote: What if GGG doesn't nerf anything and decides to buff a bunch of stuff?

666lol666 wrote: In that case someone has kidnapped their kids and is forcing them to do so. These guys are allergic to buffs, they are in love with the nerfhammer!
same way my witch does, just grab exactly 100 dex total via accessory and two passives of +30. they aren't far away at all. note that 100% piercing is via pierce support gem + projectile weakness both at lv 10 if without quality, less level req if with quality versions.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 2, 2013, 12:45:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info