Spark

That's how spark is intended to work.
Just think of it as the hover board of PoE. You can't use it over water.
Hey all, I played a spark witch a few months back and loved it, starting another one after taking a break from the game so I wouldnt wear out before open.

I know some projectiles cant hit the same target more than once, However I always just assumed spark could-how does this also relate to sparks bounces(with pierce). For clarification: If I shoot 3 bolts, the first one hits a target, bounces off a wall, hits him again, then bounces and hits for a third time Does it actually damage 3 times? After the first one hits him, can the second and third projectiles also hit him?
Very sure its true, since I can find very exponential damage in a cramped space but I never really stopped attacking either.

When you cast spark if it roll a crit every spark crits, If I recall correctly this is also true for projectiles summoned from the attack(such as from fork). How does this work with the flask modifier +1 charge on crit. Does each contact with a spark generate 1charge, does the first contact from the bolt or to a target generate 1charge, or does the attack as a whole regardless of the amount generate only 1charge?
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
Last edited by Ledrif on Nov 8, 2012, 1:09:50 PM
"
Ledrif wrote:
I know some projectiles cant hit the same target more than once, However I always just assumed spark could-how does this also relate to sparks bounces(with pierce). For clarification: If I shoot 3 bolts, the first one hits a target, bounces off a wall, hits him again, then bounces and hits for a third time Does it actually damage 3 times?
If spark hits a target, that projectile stops, because it hit something. It doesn't go on unless you've given your sparks a chance to pierce. In that case, they follow the same piercing rules as any projectile (can only damage each target once), but because of spark's unique nature, it clears it's memory of pierced targets each time it changes direction. So each time it pierces through a target it'll damage them once, then forget it has when it changes direction and can then hit them again.

"
Ledrif wrote:
After the first one hits him, can the second and third projectiles also hit him?
"
Ledrif wrote:
I know some projectiles cant hit the same target more than once, However I always just assumed spark could-how does this also relate to sparks bounces(with pierce). For clarification: If I shoot 3 bolts, the first one hits a target, bounces off a wall, hits him again, then bounces and hits for a third time Does it actually damage 3 times?
If spark hits a target, that projectile stops, because it hit something. It doesn't go on unless you've given your sparks a chance to pierce. In that case, they follow the same piercing rules as any projectile (can only damage each target once), but because of spark's unique nature, it clears it's memory of pierced targets each time it changes direction. So each time it pierces through a target it'll damage them once, then forget it has when it changes direction and can then hit them again.

"
Ledrif wrote:
After the first one hits him, can the second and third projectiles also hit him?
Correct, like all spell projectile except Ethereal Knives.

"
Ledrif wrote:
When you cast spark if it roll a crit every spark crits, If I recall correctly this is also true for projectiles summoned from the attack(such as from fork). How does this work with the flask modifier +1 charge on crit. Does each contact with a spark generate 1charge, does the first contact from the bolt or to a target generate 1charge, or does the attack as a whole regardless of the amount generate only 1charge?
The reason they all crit together is crit is rolled once for the cast, not for each instance of damage. You can only gain one charge from each cast, if any damage dealt by that was critical (can be different in the case of Critical Weakness curse, for example).
I just used spark on my templar in the race yesterday and I noticed that the damage on the skill gem show different damage than the skill does in the skill slot(at its asigned hot key). I did have some +elemental damage passive nodes and +lightning damage nodes but they both said different amounts of damage anyway(I'm not sure that is actually relevant, but it could be...).
Which is the correct one?
Its always in the last place you look
Last edited by Verb on Dec 20, 2012, 4:32:00 AM
are you refering to mousing over the gem itself in inventory vs the skill bar? also the status window should be same but more clear information of skill bar's hover info.
sparks has damage effectiveness which is a damage multiplier, it fires off multiple bolts after all.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
are you refering to mousing over the gem itself in inventory vs the skill bar?

yes I am.

On the gem it says 2-47 lightning damage and on the character screen and on the skill bar(hot bar) its 2-45 lightning damage.

Just noticed on my other templar using Ice nova, the damage on the char screen and the skill bar(hot bar) it says 12-19 damage but on the gem in the gear it says 9-14 damage. So on this skill there is more damage in the char screen than on the gem but on the spark gem its the other way around.
I'm assuming the damage on Ice nova in the char screen is increased by my passive skills but then why is the damage lower on spark in the char screen?!
It is due to the Damage Effectiveness, as Soul4hdawn mentioned. The skill gem description does not factor in Damage Effectiveness, and the character screen (naturally) does.

Damage Effectiveness is a final multiplier to your damage. It's originally conceived as a way to reduce the effectiveness of flat damage bonuses on multi-hitting skills such as Spark and Firestorm.
holy shit never noticed/thought that spark had that. thanks
Last edited by Verb on Dec 20, 2012, 5:14:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info