Shield Charge

This skill feels good to use, but needs to be improved in some way.

What I really like is the stun and how it adds mobility. I don't like how it misses or how it looks a bit goofy at point blank range. Considering how easy it is to miss targets at max range, the movement speed should be a little faster, or movement accelerates over distance, and at max range give a small AoE giving a different visual effect so players know maximum damage/range has occurred for the attack.
Not sure exactly where to post this, but felt here would work. Using this skill on Kuduku, the False God on my Templar I was able to push the totem that is Kuduku a substantial distance around his little clearing (by barely missing Kuduku with each hit, of course).
It's not too major, but it just looks and feels weird being able to warp a totem-thing out of my way while charging. I'm assuming it works on other presumably stationary totemic objects but I haven't tested it.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
All issues have been mentioned. (that i know of)

I'd just like to mention that i would very much like to see a alteration to the skill.

Charges at an enemy, bashing it with the character’s shield while striking with a melee weapon. This knocks it back and stuns it.

Enemies in the way are forced to the side taking weapon damage. This attack cannot miss. Damage and stun are proportional to distance travelled.

xy% Main hand weapon damage

- Physical damage is increased by relevant passives
- Can be effected by elemental damage
- Radius can be increased through support gems.
- % of damage will be low... perhaps 50%?
- Damage to enemies that you pass through is increased by x% for every enemy within (specify variable) yards.
- AoE damage does not stun.

Every gem level:

+ Physical damage
+ Area of effect

Reasoning?

At the moment shield charge seems a bit.. meh... I feel as if the slight AoE damage to enemies you pass through will make the skill more valuable and fun.

Also how does someone get brute forced aside and not take some sort of damage?

Im actually really excited that i thought of this, it would definately make this skill more appealing.
Last edited by Amoondrae on Jul 2, 2012, 10:12:18 AM
I been using this skill a lot. It would seem I never miss with it. I also don't remember charging Rhoas missing me although I got both block and evasion.

"
Torin wrote:
I been using this skill a lot. It would seem I never miss with it. I also don't remember charging Rhoas missing me although I got both block and evasion.
Shield charge's damage can't miss - this is mentioned on the skill.
It can be blocked.
The environment often stops my attack from doing damage even though there is nothing between me and the enemy

Sometimes I knockback the enemy into a tree and the enemy teleports far away

Sometimes I knockback the enemy into a wall and he regens full HP, basically resets.

This ability is the best single target ability in the game for marauders, yet obviously it shouldn't be. IT does pretty good damage and stuns the enemy, while other pure damage abilities cost too much mana and do just a little more damage. Is Heavy Stike even useful when you have Shield Charge?
One of my most used skills for some reason. Maybe I find it less disorientating than Flicker Strike.

I wish that it would use a different animation and/or sound in melee range, as it looks a bit dumb when you spam it in melee range. What I suggested in the Art forum is perhaps a shield bash animation at close range? That said... it might not be much better to spam a shield bash animation...
Last edited by DeF46 on Jul 18, 2012, 3:44:49 PM
The Shield charge is unable to destroy pots and urns in the instances. This is quite disturbing because every other attack i use to open such , espicially cleave and sweep open multiple urns at once with ease. When shield charging at a heap of urns/ gold pots nothing happens. Is this skill intended to be unable to destroy environment? If not i'd like to report this as a bug on this gem.
Best regards
Greeting from the SpaceShip SSDeathstar!
Hanzel und Gretyl Über Alles!
"
Erasure wrote:

Whenever you charge a mob with the skill and do damage, then try to charge from melee range again - you can often do 3-4 uses of the skill in a row that show animation, yet do not seem to connect at all.

This. I really hate when I'm smacking a guy in his face and it doesn't hit until I reposition myself.
I find this skill both very fun and very effective. A combination that usually leads to nerfage in most games :(

I feel like I'm playing pinball now as much as an ARPG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info