Shield Charge

I love this skill, it's so much fun to use and if applied correctly it's insanely powerful
"
Warhaul wrote:
I love this skill, it's so much fun to use and if applied correctly it's insanely powerful

at what lvl? 10?

As a lvl 83 its useless. Theres not a single thing it does that another skill doesn't do better.
well it always hits at least =p and its a movement skill.
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
As a lvl 83 its useless. Theres not a single thing it does that another skill doesn't do better.

I suggest an enemy that is pushed out of the way with shield charge to be considered as though it had just been blocked from making a melee attack(i.e it receives your total thorns damage).
{
After a unit has been hit in this way your chance to block is reduced to 0% for ~0.5 seconds (this does not affect being able to push other units aside and thorning them, you just cannot block attacks or spells because you are using your shield as a weapon)
}
This will change shield charge in an excellent way and actually make thorns useful.

Good, yes?
I don't know if this is a bug or not but if you hold down the shield charge button and run out of mana you do not do a basic attack like most other skills.
This skill is bugged since it was implemented,.. that is... dont know... 15 month or even mroe!? i dont know...

it doesnt work when you apply it more than one time.
it never worked.

it doesnt hit, it doesnt knockback it doesnt stun it does shit when you use it more than one time.

the only thing you get, when you apply it a second time, is a repeating animation, that does nothing besides looking stupid.

only way to use the skill is run away again and wait some moment. if you apply it again then its fine. (but yes, only one time again)

goddamn just remove it if you cant fix it.

its a stupid noobtrap nothing more
Last edited by Khastro on Mar 30, 2013, 11:10:18 AM
"
Khastro wrote:
This skill is bugged since it was implemented,.. that is... dont know... 15 month or even mroe!? i dont know...
it doesnt work when you apply it more than one time.
it never worked.
it doesnt hit, it doesnt knockback it doesnt stun it does shit when you use it more than one time.
the only thing you get, when you apply it a second time, is a repeating animation, that does nothing besides looking stupid.
only way to use the skill is run away again and wait some moment. if you apply it again then its fine. (but yes, only one time again)
goddamn just remove it if you cant fix it.
its a stupid noobtrap nothing more
sorry you think this because this skill always hits no matter what and also has a damage boost and a stun chance depends on distance. you were using it just fine as once you're already in face of monster, it doesn't boost much but it'll always hit.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 30, 2013, 12:03:38 PM
"
it doesn't boost much but it'll always hit.

i didnt observed that.

like i already said:
when trying to spam the skill it does more or less always zero damage after the first hit.

also you say the chance of stun (and maybe knockback thent too?) depends on range?? where did you get this information from?? the skillgem doesnt say anything about that. it just says that it stuns and knocks back. no word about any probability depending on whatever
lv 1 gem
"Charges at an enemy, bashing it with the character's shield while striking with a melee weapon. This knocks it back and stuns it. Enemies in the way are pushed to the side. This attack cannot miss. Damage and stun are proportional to distance traveled."
"150% increased stun duration at maximum distance"
"100% more melee damage at maximum distance"
"50% increased movement speed"

this is what a shield charge gem says but without bold and underline. the bold part and the first two quotes in middle, are the part that determines extra damage and stun length. a "stun" is a flinch (0.3 seconds) unless large amount of stun duration exists.
I would really enjoy using this skill, but it does have a number of issues.

Primarily: I am not sure if this is a bug, but it appears as if the pathing on Shield Charge is particularly suboptimal. Often, my shield charge will not activate, as there is some imperceptible piece of obstacle or debris between myself and my target. When using ranged skills in a similar context, my character moves slightly to correct his line of sight, and then shoots. With shield charge, my character does not. What's worse: More often than not, I will initiate a Shield Charge (and spend mana or life, as the case may be), but get stuck on some imperceptible piece of debris. In the heat of battle, this can be death-causing, particularly if you really cannot see the debris and end up hitting your key more than once. It hurts badly.

Secondarily, there seems to be issues when using shield charge from point blank range. I know it is not the main intended use for the skill, but nevertheless: the skill often fails to activate.

Finally, when keyed to the left mouse button, the game has great difficulty in deciding to use SC as opposed to normal movement.

Do you think you could look into ways of improving the first issue? This could be such a fun, fun niche skill, even if there are much more optimal ways of killing things.

Thank you.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info