Shield Charge

This skill is very buggy and also not viable mid to late game. Please revamp and fix this skill.
"
Mikeysax wrote:
This skill is very buggy

There have been a couple of posts detailing some issues above; have you some specifics to report?

"
Mikeysax wrote:
and also not viable mid to late game. Please revamp

??
That's not very constructive.
Not viable for what? 1-shotting everything? I find it more than viable for escapes, and sometimes useful in niche situations where I don't want to miss (I have no dexterity) with an attack. If the issues were addressed, I don't think the skill would need revamping.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
It's a good skill in addition to other skills. It's pointless on its own, because to actually be useful, you need to go a long distance. It's fantastic for escape, moving between packs, and sniping, and at long range and supported, it does better damage than my main skills. It's easily one of the best secondary skills for 1H melee.

If it didn't collide with everything and its mom when pathing and wasn't affected so hard by desync, I'd say it should be used in 90% of situations.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
Hoping this skill can be used with facebreaker setup's.

correct me if i am wrong...
Hi there,

Was wondering what i could build around shield charge.
Of course, i quickly came with Multistrike/splash in mind.

But seems like splash doesnt work at all with this skill.
However, its a melee attack skill, hitting only one single target while only pushing others around and, based on mouvment like flicker strike is.

It is intend or only a missing thing that hasnt been reported ?
Would have been so great (maybe a lil op in your dev's opinion ?) to make this skill kinda AOE :)

Also, Shield charge works with multistrike but even if the distance isn't the best to justify this used, there is two mains troubles.

- The auto-attack range isn't enough to go look & hit a second target unless it is standing right under your feet. And not sure that increase area support could fixe this or even could work with the skill himself.

- The 2 next charges are missing the next targers almost all the time.
When target is standing in your back, the skill is going crazy and can't find the hit box correctly.
In other words, seems completly broken :/

Too bad because it woulds have been 2 lovely ways to make this skill more sexy !

Any feeback behind this ? what could be done to make it more popular ?

Thx for reading and have a good day sirs.
Last edited by Madhibiki on May 8, 2013, 4:12:40 PM
Its been a lot of months and still the bug where the skill deals no damage at point blank exists. If I move just a few units back then attack it deals damage, but continually hitting the same enemy after hitting it once will usually deal no damage at all. Not always, but more often than not.

Can this please be fixed already? I really want to use this skill as a main like I did with a smiter in D2 but this bug, or at least "behaviour" makes it worthless.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Iusia wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I'm always in favour of being able to punch things in more interesting ways. Unfortunately, until we have the animations and so on to support using it with all weapon types, or the restriction system changes, it's impossible to enable unarmed use.

Damn. Is there no possible way around that or is it too hard to change on short notice?
If a skill specifies any weapon restrictions, it does so by listing all the weapons it works with. "unarmed" isn't a weapon, and can't be made one without making "unarmed" also a type of item, which has it's own consequences.
I hope we;ll be able to work around this in future, but for now we have no way of letting skills be used unarmed unless they can be used with absolutely any weapon - and shield charge currently can't work with wands.
[ bold mine ]

Has this been changed since the above quote?

Infernal Blow can be used by unarmed but not by Daggers or Claws. This seems to be a skill which contradicts the above.
Brutus. Do you even sync?
Last edited by AnnanFay on May 13, 2013, 12:34:08 PM
Bump
Brutus. Do you even sync?
So glad you guys finally fixed this skill in the .11 patch. Still feel that the always hits should be removed, the knockback increased, and monsters pushed out of the way take damage.
Last edited by Rowsol on Jun 3, 2013, 10:13:54 AM
Please make this skill work with Melee Splash support gem.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info