Shield Charge

I don't fault anyone for using it as a melee skill, if it's effective - use it.

The question is, was the skill designed to be used that way, is it being used as intended? And there we must acknowledge, that this isn't the case. Which means there is a reason for GGG to act.

As a matter of fact GGG already tried to curb the misuse by reducing the bonus damage at melee range to 0. This didn't change much though, since the main reason for it's melee use is the guaranteed hit (as well as the knockback).
Last edited by HealthRex on Feb 2, 2013, 7:04:07 PM
no its always been damage range to it based on damage. and i don't remember it having knockback although that would help a tiny bit although highly annoying at same time as you pointed out. sorry i said it did before.
Admittedly, it was quite a while ago (over a year), but it did give bonus damage at melee range once (prior to patch 0.9.4 - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13460).
Does this skill work with Facebreaker Unique glowes?
I've noticed an issue where shield charging enemies can occasionally make them become completely non-responsive/desynced. Sometimes when you hit them, they become immobile on the client side, but on the server-side they continue to chase you. You see an enemy that isn't moving but occasionally teleports in your direction. Of course, you'll still take damage when hit by the enemy on the server side, but you can't see where the enemy actually is to be able to effectively battle. Usually, shield charging the enemy again will cause it to resume normalcy, but otherwise the issue won't fix itself.

For example, Black Death was too hard for me to fight head-on, so I had to hit and run with shield charge it until it died. Once or twice during the fight she stopped moving and started teleporting around after being hit by the attack. Hitting her with the attack again caused her to resume chasing me on the client.

Occasionally I come across enemies that are similarly non-responsive but haven't been hit with shield charge or any other attacks. Like they'll be teleporting around as soon as I encounter them, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. If I find an enemy in that state, it's usually a single enemy out of a larger pack and all the rest of the enemies are fine.
This may have been brought up already here, but it's difficult to search for and I don't really wanna read through 13 pages....

Why does Shield Charge not work when you are unarmed? It seems like it should....
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
Why does Shield Charge not work when you are unarmed? It seems like it should....

Because it involves a weapon swing. Without a weapon, you can't swing one. :P

If you click the GGG icon in the thread list, you will filter out any non-Staff post. This will get you most of the juicy information from a given thread without having to read literally everything. You should give it a try :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

Because it involves a weapon swing. Without a weapon, you can't swing one. :P

If you click the GGG icon in the thread list, you will filter out any non-Staff post. This will get you most of the juicy information from a given thread without having to read literally everything. You should give it a try :)

Oh my gosh that is amazing. I didn't know this. Thanks a lot.
"
HealthRex wrote:
Admittedly, it was quite a while ago (over a year), but it did give bonus damage at melee range once (prior to patch 0.9.4 - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13460).
You're both correct. It did used to give some of it's bonus at melee range, but the bonus damage has always varied with range and been more for long-distance charges. It always did less in melee range, but it didn't always do no bonus.
I dont not know if it is indented but I have atm the same problem as described in this post

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/57193

"

I play my Templar with Shield Charge similar to a smite pala in D2. Yet if I'm close to enemies and try to Shield Charge them it happens quite often that i don't hit them at all - contrary to the skill description stating that the attack cannot miss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info