Shield Charge

I feel like shield charge is too offensive for being a skill for defensive characters.
The damage component should be removed or reduced to -90% using this skill.
Instead it should give guaranteed stun, a high increase in stun duration and should never miss (meaning you actually run after your target).
Finally it should have a small AoE which increases with the distance travelled.

This would make it much more suitable for party play as defensive characters would be actually able to protect their groups.
Wait, Shield Charge, which involves hitting something with both your shield and your weapon (because why use just one hand!), getting in the middle of all the enemies ever, is a *defensive* skill? How's that work?

Also, with the damage bonus SC gets, it's easy to stun your target already. *shrug*
"
Kaleopan wrote:
I feel like shield charge is too offensive for being a skill for defensive characters.
The damage component should be removed or reduced to -90% using this skill.
Instead it should give guaranteed stun, a high increase in stun duration and should never miss (meaning you actually run after your target).
Finally it should have a small AoE which increases with the distance travelled.

This would make it much more suitable for party play as defensive characters would be actually able to protect their groups.

No way.
Monsters that have been knocked aside should take damage. And there should be some sort of AoE burst around the target.

Maybe these two changes might make this skill a bit more interesting.

Think of it like this: I pop Molten Shell. I got my Tempest on. For a few seconds I run around gathering mobs. Then I charge through them and Molten Shell pops.

Much better synergy.
Hello i need to ask some questions..
Shield Charge is affected by spell damage & spell mods too?!?What about Faster Cast Rate + Faster Attacks,both affect it??And what about any AoE/spreading support gems or added chaos damage etc.
What about KNOCKBACK does it add more to it,% percentage?Knockback + pierce+ stun support gems??:D
Last edited by thegamingkage on Jan 24, 2013, 1:46:19 AM
Shield Charge is an Attack, not a Spell. It does not benefit from Spell Damage, Faster Cast Rate or anything else Spell-only.
It will benefit from Increased Attack and Increased Movement Speed.

As for support gems; just read the descriptions. :)
The tags at the top tell you what skills it can link to. For example, the Increased AoE Support gem has the 'AoE' tag. It will link to any skill that shares the AoE tag. Since Shield Charge does not have the AoE tag, it will do nothing.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Shield Charge is an Attack, not a Spell. It does not benefit from Spell Damage, Faster Cast Rate or anything else Spell-only.
It will benefit from Increased Attack and Increased Movement Speed.

As for support gems; just read the descriptions. :)
The tags at the top tell you what skills it can link to. For example, the Increased AoE Support gem has the 'AoE' tag. It will link to any skill that shares the AoE tag. Since Shield Charge does not have the AoE tag, it will do nothing.

No i mean PIERCING,STUN,KNOCKBACK, Arc,those ?:D
piercing and arc does not work as this is a melee attack not a projectile.
stun and knockback works. stun is somewhat redundant though as it already deals lots of damage.
Question, does Shield Charge gets any damage benefits from damage nodes?

Example:
Increase 1H melee weapon physical damage.
Increase physical damage with X weapon.
It deals weapon damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info