Raise Spectre

Using this skill a lot, and it's my main damage dealer on one of my summoners.

We need to persist Spectres on logout, right now I just desecrate in the Lab (level 66) and pick up some Flame Sentinels.

It's really annoying, even more so with the Echo spell gem attached.

Other builds can just jump in and play, I have the tedious start-up time. I also need to summon my Zombies.

All this is 4 Spectres and 10 zombies. Just to get started, and it's not like it would be unbalanced. It's just start up time, and it's already risk free for me to do this.

So please, let us persist them.
Last edited by All4n on Nov 10, 2014, 4:42:09 AM
I'm fine with spectres as they are, stat/health wise.
What annoys me a bit is that it's harder to mix them now, unless one dedicates several instances of the gem with different supports, which is kinda shitty.

The only real thing I miss from snapshotting. Having more variety. Now it's either going generic or specialized, if the spectres are to be 'optimal'.

Edit: I definetely agree with the persistent spectres idea as well as with the upscale idea.
Last edited by Erius on Nov 24, 2014, 7:34:18 AM
Hello GGG,

i would also love to see spectres survive after logout, like animated Guardian!
That would be awesome!

Regards
Summoners are forced to let the PC on when they leave for work!

Stop global warming and give us that fix :D

It would be nice if we could get a response from GGG.
Last edited by num3n on Jan 19, 2015, 6:12:44 AM
Is it worth to summon spectres (evangelist, sentinels) on lvl 77 maps to use them on 77 78 maps ?
If it is worth it, has anyone the numbers that a lvl 77 outperforms a 66/67 spectre ?
Level 77 monsters outperform level 67 monsters by the mile. Anything from a 77 zone is better than even really good monsters from 67 zones.
I think level 72 monsters has not quite double the damage and HP of level 67 monsters or something like that. This is base on just observing the monsters.
Hi,

Ive started playing this wonderfull game when closed beta came out and have been enjoying this absolute gem ever since, not just for the game itself, but also in the marketing concept that GGG follows for Poe makes me a huge fan and i support them with whatever little money i have to show my gratefullness. (stashtabs yay!)

Theres just one slight problem:
I'm probably not the first one to suggest this or post something about it but here goes.

Raise spectre:

Since spectres downscale to the maplvl and never up, some summoners like me go through lots of trouble to get spectres that can be used in high lvl maps.(+75)

As for me i like using the undying evangelists, like so many other summoners.
I use lots of auras and have pretty good endgame gear.

So you play for half an hour or more to get spectres from a map you know they have a good chance to appear on, but that's no guarantee they will - so after running through 2-4 maps or even getting rare (+2 lvl) versions from upper tower act3 merci, you really want them to stay alive.

these spectres are quite tanky and with the auras i provide they can withstand most stuff thrown at them.

what they cannot deal with is the occasional dc that happens, or godforbid some exiles and a few bosses will totally wipe them in multiplayer games.

I can handle the latter, you cannot expect a build to work everywhere all the time.
I have however problems with dc's and them resulting in losing the spectres you just spend an hour on getting them.
Loosing your spectres on some bossfight, and them not being available in the map you're on , thats okey. a limitation of the spectre used and it wwould be illogical if you could use other corpses to summon completely different spectres then the corpse itself.

But how is a summoner going to deal with or prevent dc's? You can't. and thereby a summoner is forced to take another build then going with spectres, because theres nothing more frustrating for a summoner then losing your spectres in this way, after you spend so much time on getting them in the first place.

If spectres would scale up, the issue would be less grave, taking a lvl 68 spectre onto a lvl 75+ map just gimps the dmg output and survivability of those spectres, making the spectre build less viable for endgame, because it just takes to freaking long to replace those spectres again, and if it happens on a map you just invested +5c on youre not going to be very happy to say the least. This because there's no way to replace these spectres without opening another map, losing the one you just spend good currency on.

Besides that, your friends/party is really keen on waiting on you to get new ones.
I rarely get a dc but i know some people do get them more often.

Now you could say, sucks to be a summoner, but it does fly in the face of some things ggg told the fans from the get go, namely NOT being forced into a build.

Though ggg knows about this for a while now, summoners have been complaining about this mechanic to no avail.
Forcing them to consider anything but spectre builds in endgame, and with that the freedom of having options.

Ive seen some dev comments saying something about it (im not going to supply links or sshots because thats just not the point) but there hasnt been any solution to this problem. Putting in desecrate made it easier to get spectres, but still limited to the mobs on the map itself. So not a real solution.

I thought the freedom of making "standard" builds viable for everyone, if you have the gear to support it was one of the things ggg wanted for their playerbase, so the game would have diversity and not everyone running around with the same gear/builds.
When is this going to happen for spectre oriented summoners?

Is ggg going to solve this anytime soon?
Will i have to stop making summoners because doing endgame with spectres is such a pain?
You cannot solve the occasional dc, wether it is caused client side,server side or through bad isp services is besides the point, they happen anyways, this is pretty obvious and most are aware of it.
But, there has to be, in my opinion, a middle ground or a complete solution.

so, i have suggestions/questions:

-If you do get a dc, cant there be a timer that retains the spectres for a few minutes?
So people can handle dc's or crashes without gritting teeth about the time lost?

-Can't spectres become imprinted on a gem , like guardian is?

-Maybe making spectres scale up is a big issue, but losing them in this way is an bigger issue in my humble opinion.

-maybe having a device in your hideout storing the spectre type/lvl for the duration of the day (linked with the daily timer?)
This would make an endless amount of spectres to be taken into a map impossible, because of the number of portals on a map. It would still make some content not doable for the spectres stored, since some spectres are better at some bosses then others.
But a summoner could prepare for a map by storing different spectres in said device before embarking on a map.
Even catharina the master of dead has a totem she uses in her summon quests, and i think it would be suitable if not logical if a summoner could have this option at some point, given the problems i described.

I really like the last one because it wont change how spectres are used or make a spectre stronger then it should be or interfere with how spectres perform or are used on a bossfight/map.
And, you still need to get the spectres in the first place before you can store em.
As far as i understand, it wont need a complete rework of the spectre skill.

Well it seems i had a lot of text to share with you all on this, i hope you read it all.
If you did spend the time and effort, thank you, kudo's!

A die hard poefan.
---

Last edited by Bedrizzled on Feb 1, 2015, 5:35:41 PM
"
even getting rare (+2 lvl) versions from upper tower act3 merci, you really want them to stay alive.

Just a comment. They aren't +2 levels. Raise Spectre can never raise spectres above zone level. There is no difference between raising a rare and a normal monster.
Tnx for the comment,

Oh, and ive been thinking they were +lvl like the itemlevel that they drop since closed beta, someone during that time told me they have raised level - and will get that level if you take them to a suitable level area and that it was just the current area capping their (soft)level.

If only there was a way to see some details on your minions, like hitpoints so you could deduce these things yourself.
Before i blindly trust you, where did you get this info?

Thanks a bundle, i feel like i wasted a lot of time now - hehehe.
Atleast i dropped a shavs once looking for them, that makes up for it a little.

Cheers!

----

the plus 2 levels on rare is only considered for thier drops. they themselves are not (most likely, as this is the unknown part) 2 levels higher

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info