Caustic Arrow

"
Khargan wrote:
Can anyone confirm if Le Heup of All, the new unique ring, increases the damage of the poison cloud?

If two of those baddies result in 20-40% increased DoT we might be looking at a new all time favorite ring for Poison Arrow users. Combine those 40% with Vulnerability's 40% multiplier (it would act as a multiplier, right?), a fast +2 to level of bow gems bow, and the recent increase to base damage at higher levels, then what you have is, perhaps, the possibility of a pretty viable end game poison arrow build.

I'm currently making a full Chaos damage build with Poison Arrow and Viper Strike so I'm trying to find this out as well-- I really hope it does! And yes, Vulnerability provides a 40% multiplier.

Edit: I just linked Poison Arrow and Viper Strike to a Culling Strike gem. Its Increased Damage modifier seems not to affect either the damage of the poison cloud or of the viper charges, according to the tooltips both in the character panel and on the hotbar... How disappointing. =/ Perhaps it's wrong, or not working correctly?
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Mar 16, 2013, 6:48:01 PM
"
iao wrote:

I'm currently making a full Chaos damage build with Poison Arrow and Viper Strike so I'm trying to find this out as well-- I really hope it does! And yes, Vulnerability provides a 40% multiplier.

I'm level 74 as a Poison Arrow / Viper Strike build and I've currently not seen anyone else running this build. I was going to make a guide on it soon. I need to reformat my computer so it doesn't lag as much when I try to record video of gameplay, lol.

It's working really well so far. I can go into more details if you would like.
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
iao wrote:

I'm level 74 as a Poison Arrow / Viper Strike build and I've currently not seen anyone else running this build. I was going to make a guide on it soon. I need to reformat my computer so it doesn't lag as much when I try to record video of gameplay, lol.

It's really fun, isn't it? Very effective with the +2 to Melee/Bow Skills modifiers, attack speed, increased skill duration, Vulnerability, and should also with shock stacking (or am I mistaken?). I've been writing up a guide so if you want to collaborate on ideas I'd be happy to.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Mar 17, 2013, 1:19:32 PM
"
iao wrote:
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
iao wrote:

It's really fun, isn't it? Very effective with the +2 to Melee/Bow Skills modifiers, attack speed, increased skill duration, Vulnerability, and should also with shock stacking (or am I mistaken?). I've been writing up a guide so if you want to collaborate on ideas I'd be happy to.

I'm heading to bed in a minute so I'll write up some more tomorrow. I'm basically getting as tanky as possible with some attack speed thrown in. I use Dominating Blow on all the Rares/Strong blues I come across which is pretty awesome, because they last for over a minute with inc duration skills/gem. Bear Trap is also nice to throw down a few after you have PA cloud and 4 stacks of viper on it already, which is really fast to get 4 when you have 3.5 APS on VS.

I believe right now at lvl 74 I have 18k armor and 80 to all resists. The only monsters that don't die really fast are the resist chaos guys, but they still don't take that long to kill.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, if you have your bow out and shoot your cloud, you can hit swap then milliseconds later hit vulnerability, so it basically swaps and casts the curse at the exact same time. When I first started this build it seemed like a pain to switch back and forth but now I'm much faster at it.

I think MY PA/VS are both lvl 17 right now (19 with the +2). I like that where as most skills gain a slight bonus like 3% more dmg from leveling, poison cloud jumps up like another 100 chaos dmg per second at that high level, with the +2 bonus. So as you level you keep doing much more damage.

I like the build a lot... it's different (so far) and uses a lot of interaction / microing to play. Swapping back and forth... throwing clouds everywhere while cursing everything and just being as tanky as possible at the same time.

Here is some of my gear... I'm just going for HP/Armor right now, and have decent chaos resist too... eventually on my jewellery I'd like to get attack speed also, but that's going to be pricey.

I got this astramentis a while ago and like using it so I don't have to put any points into int, because vulnerbility costs quite a bit to level up. With it leveled up and increased aoe gem, it just hits everything on the screen basically, in one cast.

Edit: Wow, I ended up writing way more than I intended to, lol.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Mar 17, 2013, 8:29:55 PM
1. How do i increase poison arrow damage?

2. Is this poison cloud applied 'increase chaos damage' of Added Chaos Damage?

The cloud I don't think is effected by any damage modifers, unless you count increased duration, I think.
IGN: ragol
Does anyone know why poison arrow doesn't work with speel totem or ranged attack totem?
ST: It's not a Spell
RAT: The damage penalty cannot apply to the cloud currently, which would make it stronger than intended. As such, GGG disabled the combination for the time being.
Please allow this skill to scale with weapon damage same for viper strike. I like this ability a lot, but not enough to use it as a main ability in maps.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Someone should update the wiki if they know how:

Poison Arrow Damage:

Level 19: 587.7
level 20: 676.5
Level 21:
Level 22: 894.7

Anyone know what it is beyond level 20?

Edit: I just bought a quality lvl 19 PA and use it with my +2 Bow/+1 Gems so it's level 22... it does 894.7 chaos dmg per second.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Apr 2, 2013, 12:31:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info