Phase Run

i love this skill, its a must have for moving through content quickly while travelling, but i never use it in combat, its too unreliable. i have the same issue with it that i do with decoy totem. i have to recast it several times to get it to work most of the time.
im not sure if thats intended or not but its far too emo for me to use in combat.
Use this skill a lot. Running dual wield marauder, with dual strike as my main attack. I used this skill almost constantly. Supported with faster casting and increased duration, Celerity movement speed, +10 movement speed boots(have some +25move +IR boots for farming :D), movement penalty from armor removed, I ball around the map at 50% increased movement speed, rocking heavy armor plus molten shell up, and drop bombs on anything I come across with dual strike. It is a good enough buff that casting it in between dual strikes is better than doing two dual strikes in a row (for pace purposes, I still usually do phase run dual strike dual strike phase run etc), especially if I crit, making my diamond flask on arrival a really really strong punch in the nose to whatever mob happens to be stumbled upon.

The defensive side of it is also really good, allowing me to use a cast in battle to create seperation and let my regen do its thing, or recast molten shell, or switch my totem and start spamming my defensive lightning strike on the mobs. Once I am full, I switch back to the detonate totem, mark curse the pack, pop phase run and chop up whatever is left.

The damage buff affects leap slam too, and with the reduced mob reaction time, it seems to make aiming leap slam just a touch easier.

Overall this is probably my favorite skill, it really adds a lot to my character, and really increases the pace of the game. Absolutely love it.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 28, 2012, 9:29:27 AM
Still would like it to not cause a pause in the running, it's just odd. Like to see running into combat, activate phase run on the fly. Or also have Haste Aura increase movement as well as attack speed.
I have not noticed this skill making me any more "stealthy" whatsoever. If this is functioning as intended, I suggest changing the wording on the gem significantly so that it describes a skill which increases run speed and gives a bonus to melee when striking when active. But since even very simple mobs notice me at exactly the same distances, perhaps this is a bug in the latest patch.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
Still would like it to not cause a pause in the running, it's just odd. Like to see running into combat, activate phase run on the fly. Or also have Haste Aura increase movement as well as attack speed.

I agree...It could be better without the stop when you activate the skill..more natural 'cause it's a movement skill..
fyi there is a thread here www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/56951/page/1/#p716941 which discusses casting while moving.
I really dig that I can see my skeleton and internal organs. Original, dark and twisted.

Love it.
I have recently been enlightened to the possible "removal / reworking" if this skill, and i must say, im not all that too impressed.

I have ZERO desire to use a flask spot for a movement flask. I would much rather prefer you leave this skill in game and not force us into using a flask to emulate the effects of increased movement. If this is indeed true, i am totally against it.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,.
GGG - Why you no?
who told you that? also that is already possible via (preferably) Saturated flasks of Adrenaline mod on them/it.
I don't know if this is the correct place to post as the skill has now been removed, but just wanted to give my views and thoughts on this skill. Can a mod please move or bin this post if this is the wrong place. Cheers

This used to be a main part of my build as I loved the ability to dive into/through a mob to deliver that one powerful first blow to the main target of the mob, be it a totem, construct, resurrecting summoner or whatever and then attempt to clear the rest. Yes I did use the increased speed for running through cleared areas, heading to waypoints etc, but that mainly because it seemed daft not to use the ability as it was there, not a case of getting the skill for the reason of the increased movement. There is no way I would consider using a flask slot just to gain increased speed back as it doesn't give the increased damage which was, to me, the important bit.

From what I can gather the idea is to get it back to an ambush type combat skill. I feel that as it is the skill works perfectly for this. The only thoughts I have for stopping the use of it as a general movement speed skill, might be to either have it only activate if within a certain range of a mob, or maybe have to click on the monster you wish to attack and then the skill activates and runs to attack. I guess there might be pathing problems in narrow dungeons and caves with the second idea, but just a couple of suggestions.

Good luck and hope to see this skill back soon.

EDIT... Another passing thought

Maybe remove the increased run speed totally and either slow the monster response time down more or increase the evasion thus making it very hard to hit as if the char was "out of phase" with the rest of the world whilst still moving at a normal run speed.

Have the skill end as usual with the increased damage of the first hit (char dropping back into phase with the world to be able to inflict damage), or by expiring due to duration.

To stop it being exploited as a "get out of trouble" skill instead of an ambush attack, I was thinking about either increased cast time, maybe add a cooldown timer or a combination of both.

Last edited by Jaknet on Jan 31, 2013, 10:41:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info