Phase Run

Is damage from wands and bows affected by the buff from this?
No, the skill specifically says if you attack with a melee weapon you get the damage bonus.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
No, the skill specifically says if you attack with a melee weapon you get the damage bonus.

Thanks, I still didn't know if wands and bows counted as melee weapons.
"
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:

Thanks, I still didn't know if wands and bows counted as melee weapons.

They do not, they count as ranged weapons that fire projectiles.
TehHammer is not a crime!
I don't know if anyone already mentioned it. But it would be nice if I could use it >while moving< because as you probably know everyone uses it as a movement skill and especially as an escape skill.

So it's kinda bad if I have to stand and cast it and then can move again.

I think there are a few more skills that should work while moving. Like throwing traps would be nice on the go.

I hope you consider this, thank you.
First off, I'd like to say I enjoy this skill as it is, and find it invaluable on every single character I've made.

There are three uses for it, some exclusive to melee builds: Running away - defensive use, running at things and hitting them hard for a first strike - melee attacks, and last but not least, traveling through maps - avoiding content / speeding up getting through completed content.

It could be better in some ways. For one, ~6 second pauses to re-apply the buff makes it annoying. And to strategically place yourself in a safe area to do this you have to cast it even more often.

I would change it in one of two ways.

I would either like it to be a Whirling Blades type of movement, but with no cast time, where you didn't need to pause between running one way or the other, and you could just keep casting in the direction you want to go fast.

OR

Make the duration a lot longer, (30-45 seconds about?) and have the damage multiplier a lot higher, (like 1 shot anything but a boss, 4x-10x damage on first hit), and have a 20-30 second cooldown. This would allow for a different strategy for doing all those things I do with it, and it would seem a lot less annoying, and waiting on that cooldown would be a crucial step for melee, giving an intense interval of anticipation.
One thing that this ability does is it stacks monstrously with both Heavy and Flicker strike for double percentage increases.

Flicker becomes 210%
Heavy becomes 225%

At level 1 of Phase Run, Flicker Strike, and HEavy strike.

Also, you can use it to ramp up your puncture damage.

Great utility, though as stated by others, I'd like to see a bit of a longer duration.
[quote="Xavderion"]Adapt or die.[/quote]
[quote="NekoHanten"]You are a prisoner who has been exiled to Wraeclast. Do you think it's meant to be easy and fun?[/quote]
I know it's been said already but the cast time seems like a big issue to me. I basically never use the skill cause it seems way too risky and I cant afford the casting time when something is remotely close to me.
The whole casting time seems way too annoying with some escape/defensive skills (Phase Run, Molten Shell, etc.)
Last edited by schnappi on Aug 2, 2012, 6:51:13 AM
This skill is very useful, as ionface said above. While it would be even more useful with no cast animation, it's great as is: there's still a clear movement bonus even with the cast animation. I'd also argue that the damage bonus and 6s time are quite well balanced (and of course easy to extend with support gems).

Here is a typical situation on my 2h weapon marauder (most of the way through cruel): use phase run to rapidly approach a small cluster of melee or ranged monsters. Then sweep (or lightning strike or if I'm using a sword, cleave) before they have a chance to do anything. With a 2h on single player, most enemies fall on one hit with the added damage bonus. A one-hit kill vs a two is a big difference, and it's the added damage from phase run that normally pushes it over the edge. If there are more players, monsters are usually stunned, and I can quickly wipe up what's left. (And of course, if it's a single monster, use either heavy strike or lightning strike or another good single-target skill instead.)
Last edited by FrederickHermanJonesJr on Aug 8, 2012, 3:08:47 PM
Im very pleased with this skillgem, people that complain about the casttime&duration. There are two support gems that fix that for you ;) Dunno if there even is any other support gems that function with this skill.

Perfect for a hit and run shadow who utilize puncture! <3

Also if the cast time would be removed or it would be given a longer duration by default, all cutthroat players would tear their hair out. Borderline to op in cutthroat :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info