Phase Run

Would be nice if the skill duration refreshes if you kill an enemy under it's effect.
ie: if the hit that takes you out of the phase kills the mob.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
The skill progression with gem level feels very underwhelming (+0.1 seconds duration with 6.0 being base, +1% with 50% base). I may not be seeing the whole picture in respect to balance, but maybe placing the base lower and a slightly more steeper progression curve would make leveling it up a bit more rewarding.
From my limited experience it seemed that most other skill gems had a much more pronounced improvement when leveling up.

On the positive side... loving how the character loses it's shadow when under the effect :)
Last edited by ksjav on Apr 1, 2012, 6:57:27 PM
I really think this skill should be totally revamped!

As it is now, Its pretty much worthless for the most part (except if you want to run fast!).

I think the movement buff/debuff should be lessened a dramatic amount (down to single number %'s) and the dmg modifier should be decreased to about 5-10% while making the duration of this spell last around 3-5m and not breaking on attacking. So it would be more like a buff for Duelists, rather than just some spell we have in our slots or sitting somewhere that we never use outside of very specific circumstances.

Edit: Sorry... I have a lvl 38 ranger and a lvl 15 duelist
Last edited by aakmac on Apr 5, 2012, 12:13:18 PM
I will also chime in and say I very much like this ability for the movement buff. It would be nice to have it instant cast so we dont have to stop. As it is sometimes when moving it goes off and sometimes it doesn't.

I get this is a "back-stab" or "charge" skill, maybe it could be split into two versions? One much like it now is to preserve this functionality and another version with the instant cast, +evasion rather then +damage and a -accuracy to balance it out. Your running so fat your hard to hit and it is hard to aim.
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
As shown in the recent CT leagues Phase Run is a real game changer, a person without it is boardline helpless to kite, or run from an attacker with it making it arguably mandatory for every class in a PvP setting. Yet the spell has a second effect that makes it even better when used in conjunction with spells such as Dual Strike it allows you to 1shot many classes of equal or slightly higher level, and those you don't finish in one strike will often fall to a second strike before having the option to do more than take a step.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
I'd just like to add my opinion to that of the people saying that it feels clunky at the moment. This is a movement-speed increasing skill and it would be a very useful one, but the fact that we stop moving to cast it just breaks the flow. I think it should be an instant activation without a cast time.
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
I was using Phase Run, then I got hit by an arrow and got stuck. Couldn't move or use other skills for more than 6 seconds, until I got killed.

I took a screenshot afterwards, not sure if it's of any help: http://i.imgur.com/v2J1k.jpg
Suggestion: I really think this skill would be a lot cooler if it were continuous, as in, an initial mana cost for casting then a mana per second cost as long as the skill remains in effect (the key/button for the skill is held down). This way you could continue using the skill as long as you'd like to without constantly having to recast it, dramatically improving the flow and feel of using the skill.

Also, make it work with Chance to Ignite to set the ground you run over on fire. :P
"
D623932883 wrote:
Suggestion: I really think this skill would be a lot cooler if it were continuous, as in, an initial mana cost for casting then a mana per second cost as long as the skill remains in effect (the key/button for the skill is held down). This way you could continue using the skill as long as you'd like to without constantly having to recast it, dramatically improving the flow and feel of using the skill.

Feel exactly the same way about it. It would work better if it used mana per second in use. Attacking still deactivates it, you can deactivate it yourself, and the skill gained a few buffs like additional evasion in use and being able to push past enemies. The enemy reaction time is really iffy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info