Lightning Warp

Lightning Warp deals a fairly large chunk of damage, and the AoE is large enough to hit the same monster twice. There's plenty of ways to increase the AoE further to make double-hitting extremely easy. The time between casting and teleporting depends on movement speed (which is intentional btw :) ) and distance; get 30% MS boots and cast at minimum distance and you'll pump out a bunch of AoE.
It's strong enough to be your main skill.

I do recall not teleporting when casting a few times, but have not seen any rhyme or reason in it occuring; I often intentionally cast during the teleport so I'd land on a monster and immediately fire off a Spark, right in its face (fantastic way to nuke a fool). Was rather annoying when it failed. But again, happened too rarely to have an idea of what's causing it.
Would be cool if it was changed to be more like Flicker Strike. Lightning warp would have a cooldown but you can use up a power charge to bypass the cooldown. And it would be instant travel time.
"
Zenocide wrote:
Would be cool if it was changed to be more like Flicker Strike. Lightning warp would have a cooldown but you can use up a power charge to bypass the cooldown. And it would be instant travel time.

Would be cool, but almost every caster would start using it to move faster. GGG specifically wanted people to use their legs to make it easier to balance races.
i am thinking off to make a lighting warp based charakter, but the dmg looks kinds low :/ at lvl 15 id does 200 dmg but spark does 300 dmg. I know it can hit twice if you have enough aoe, but i think the dmg should be higher to make it more ussuable, like 20% 30% more higher dmg, but its just my opinion, havent tryed a lighting warp build, but i hope it would be enough good to make it a main spell :)
It's plenty powerful. Spark might deal a little higher damage, but it doesn't have any AoE naturally. Linking the Concentrated Effect amd Increased AoE gems means you lose nothing and gain a crap load of damage. Then grab the passives to improve the AoE beyond its base, and you're basically good to go.

Movespeed is directly linked to time between teleports; high MS boots and light armor are key to dealing a bunch of damage fast. I'm thinking of rolling a Shadow or something in OB and just grab a lot of movespeed passives, see how that works. Should be fun, but probably not optimal due to being a mile from the AoE nodes.

Regardless, it's a crashfest in any area with many archers. That includes about 80% of Act 2. :( You'd have to avoid using your main skill around archers.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:

And let's be honest, you'll never be as fast as with leap slam.

This sums up my opinions on the skill well. It simply doesn't compare to other options.

As it stands, it's only use is as an offensive ability. It's utility effect - movement - is far surpassed both by Leap Slam and Phase Run. Depending on the build, it's utility also doesn't compare to other skills defensive abilities - like using Tempest Shield or Molten Shell to mitigate damage rather than avoid it (which other skills could do better anyways).

It does, however, fit into other builds offensively. Whether it can be used offensively to as great effect as skills can, I don't know. But it fits absolutely nowhere for utility or defense.

I just thought that a Warping skill would. Perhaps we've all misinterpreted the designers intent tho.
Hi all!

I only recently realized the true potential of lightning warp. Before i always stood still while waiting for the warp. But now i realized that you can MOVE and even CAST 2-3 SPELLS before the warp happens. So now i always cast LW first, then cast a fiew skills, and after the warp cast another warp and then cast spells etc...

The skill is therefore not grate for escaping if your already stunned / freezed or in other trouble. But it is very good for kiting mobs.

The only problem is that the game always crashes if i happen to cast a skill at exactly the same time as the warp happens. Has there been any word on when this crash will be fixed?
Crash is fixed for open beta.
The Cast delay is necessary to keep it balanced and useable as a main skill.
But i also think that the amount of the delay is too big, since, as many before mentioned, it is easily outclassed by Phase run and Leap Slam.

I suggest that the cast delay shoudl not be 100% of the time you would need to get to the targeting point by running, but 75%. this would make the the spell a viable option as movement spell, but not OP.

A slight decrease of the minimum range and 10% more AoE Radius would be appropriate too.

Its just a suggestion to make this skill more viable; but im no GM, so i cant test wether these slight changes would make it OP or not.

I would really like to know what the GM´s intendet with the skill and if they even want to change it.
Isn't the cast time reduced by increased cast speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info