Lightning Warp

The delay on lightning warp is how long it would take you to walk to the destination at your current movement speed, not the base. It takes all movement speed modifiers into account.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The delay on lightning warp is how long it would take you to walk to the destination at your current movement speed, not the base. It takes all movement speed modifiers into account.

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's cast rate I am lacking, then. Only at 14% yet. Will be fun to see how it turns out closer to 60.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's cast rate I am lacking, then. Only at 14% yet. Will be fun to see how it turns out closer to 60.

Could you post your build? I'm interested how it works out in 0.9.10 :)
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
"
neonesis wrote:

Could you post your build? I'm interested how it works out in 0.9.10 :)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYBBaqbVQhiAIYL6q9zDibkRRQVJFcUs3qtF36X4hi6bYQZ7Z6AGnNMdSF52nojwCvbJ-0aFysT_iMv1U9iMuq57DTKwik2uEowNtIc6jbg-NA-77O6P55fTUCjGtRCTNa8Q_5ybUlHOJxLDIa6U_ror1dgxb1XzjzCV9KkV1mLNCJcC6LoXNnfFGBHBMlj8nqPZsc1227Y7f5yoJ9TcvYIf3S_i6l3ABYJfIbKGfQKmBSGc4sP4uPL_4uxcKTZCR3Zp58YX_PzVm7DfsN91Gp2jLljjsXKub2RhCzydfwbvprDq0kfx0xWE-BLbLbt2XhInMVEzcSzJ3nkqJhmvSG7Vv2YbdPNymZj9Tm6j_dmO0m8gbjmheVX3IKqKcSWHGVqp5h6kZhUqmTt17l4gIIgVQ==

It's basically stacking run speed, cast rate and some mana regen nodes. Chaos Innoculation because it's lack of health nodes and I play in Hardcore.
Last edited by jawsofhana on Jun 10, 2012, 4:04:20 AM
Haha! My Lightning Warp Shadow
Didn't think anyone else was trying this out (and the only person I've seen with a LW build in the past was Urist).

Very similar build (though lower level right now) with a slightly different flavor.
Now that he has all the movespeed (damage) and crit (damage), he's running up to CI and grabbing lots of mana stuff.
I just can't seem to get it working - I feel like the damage is too low, and coupled with the delay between casts...Even if we count for two bursts of damage, delay and lower DPS screws everything.

Also you cannot damage the same group of enemies twice, because you cannot teleport so closely.

It just doesn't cut it, I kill faster with my wand, picking individual targets.

Any possible buff on the damage? Or perhaps, halving the time needed for teleport-movement?
"
neonesis wrote:
I just can't seem to get it working - I feel like the damage is too low, and coupled with the delay between casts...Even if we count for two bursts of damage, delay and lower DPS screws everything.

Also you cannot damage the same group of enemies twice, because you cannot teleport so closely.

Any possible buff on the damage? Or perhaps, halving the time needed for teleport-movement?

You can hit the same monster twice with increased aoe. You can also "abuse" it by teleporting into a wall/impassible object, which will make it cast less than the minimum distance, hitting the same monsters.
"
indczn wrote:
"
neonesis wrote:

You can hit the same monster twice with increased aoe. You can also "abuse" it by teleporting into a wall/impassible object, which will make it cast less than the minimum distance, hitting the same monsters.

This. But it doesn't always work. However, now that I have 58% inc run speed and 39% inc cast rate, there's hardly any delay.

The character is too squishy at the moment to be able to use it properly though.

Sometimes it works brilliantly. Sometimes it seems to hardly do damage. But that's lightning for you.

It works best if you kite larger groups, so you have the mobs in an hourglass shape. Pretty easy to do with the high runspeed. Not even Flicker mobs can hit my character anymore, as long as he keeps moving.

I've noticed the witch would make a better character for this build, more damage with less passives and same run/cast speed, but my shadow gets better and better now.

Largest problem is the mana cost: 67 mana with only two supports. Cold and lightning.

Last edited by jawsofhana on Jun 16, 2012, 9:32:54 PM
How did you achieved such high run speed increase? You have clearly made this build better than me, because I was simply so squishy I was dead after making one or two teleports... Items perhaps?
Man, really wish this was any good. After finally getting Lightning Warp and knowing it's shortcoming before obtaining, currently it's terrible.

It's not a "get out of jail" instant teleport, so it has little use defensively. I made a 1h mace lightning witch keeping this skill in mind. I'm too slow to hit things that are about to engage with me because of armour movement penalties. Leap Slam is much better and even that skill has issues, so it's incredibly pants offensively as well.

Damage is ok. I'm not thinking about this skill in terms of DPS. The mana cost is pretty expensive for what it is. If the AoE was big, I could vaguely understand what's going on with this skill. Kite enemies, deal damage twice while evading - it's unique in that way. Mana cost makes it not very spammable in this way (understandable) so it makes me think it's not meant to be used exclusively this way... I can't engage mobs far away (hell, not even mid distance) with any speed or accuracy to use nova spells or melee, and any other build that I'm thinking of that tries to make this usable would be pretty damn squishy...

I ended up comparing this to Leap Slam. This skill makes Leap Slam seem amazing.

How would I make it better? Generally I'd buff it and make it more expensive in terms of mana cost so it couldn't be spammed because I assume that's the fear of this skill. I'd like this skill to give you increased movement speed when you cast it, say 20% at level 1. Increases when you level the gem, same mechanic based on movement speed to target location, debuffs you when you teleport. Make it do a couple points more damage, make the skill use more mana. The "not being able to really hit stuff" is the main issue I have with the skill.

Props to making it usable, but still how expensive the skill is I don't really feel it's meant to be a main skill to kite mobs and upkeep the expensive mana cost. The whole "because you can" aspect makes this skill whack for any other build, even those that want it to be a reasonably utility skill. It looks fancy enough tho'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info