Leap Slam

Leap Slam does nothing to increase damage you take while jumping.
I don't mind Leap Slam being a slowish skill, but in return, the DPH should be compensated higher for a slow skill as this. At this point, the only good supports that one would put with this is either a Faster Attacks or a Knockback support and utilize other supports for better skills.

The other thing I find that goes against the skill is being able to be hit while in the air. I've had my Marauder get frozen and shot in the air, which I think is really counterintuitive when he's leaping in the air over obstacles and whatnot. I think this aspect should be fixed.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
The fixed attack speed means you can grab the slowest, hardest-hitting weapon possible and get the most out of Melee Physical damage (both passives and support gem) and subsequently Added Fire damage. Works quite well; when I entered Merciless I was dealing at least twice the damage of others around my level. Their hit rate was higher, but Leap Slam gets the AoE and mobility too. Not 100% it really needs to deal more damage, but killing everything faster is never a bad thing I suppose.

re being hit mid-air: Even better is hitting Leap Slamming foes with your own Leap Slam. How's that work :P
I personally wouldn't mind some immunity to ground effects because it makes sense aesthetically. Would be an interesting buff to boot; the Ground Fire map modifier would be less of an issue for example.
Arrows are going to be true projectiles next big patch, meaning you can step out of the way. With how mobile a Leap Slam character is, you will already avoid many hits. Might be a little too powerful if you further improve defense against all ranged attacks, but time will tell on that one.
Leap Slam is now a wonderful, responsive and effective skill useful as an attack opener or escape tool.
I think the new Leap Slam is a good example of what other, clunkier and less responsive skills need to make them enjoyable.
In terms of dps, it dosn't seem to outshine groundslam or heavy strike so I think its fine as is.
It looks ridiculous now. And it's probably OP. In no time, we'll see everyone jumping around like fleas.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
It is indeed quite ridiculous now. I submitted my Duelist for build of the week for this reason. Was doing fine pre-patch, but 0.9.12 featured *four* buffs (slow-weapon buff, leech from ES, true projectiles, nearly 40% reduction in animation time), and one ultimately minor nerf/fix (Iron Reflexes).

It's a pretty great attack opener, because it also finishes the fight at the same time. It's tons faster than walking up to every monster and Cleaving it, or using Flicker to kill one-by-one. You just nigh-on teleport into the pack and kill *everything*.
It's fun to leap on stuff.

Regarding Usability:

If my target is out of range, it forces my character to walk forward until it can leap onto my clicked location. Positioning is too important to have my character walk forward instead of just leap to max distance. He could be walking into a really bad spot.

"But he could leap into a bad spot.", you say? Not when I have a feel for the distance a leap will travel. Under the current system, I have to have mouse pointer precision. I can't flick my mouse in a panic and leap away -- he'll just walk like an idiot. If instead he'd just leap to max distance, all it requires is a 'feel' for the distance, which comes naturally.
"
NotInTheFace wrote:
It's fun to leap on stuff.

Regarding Usability:

If my target is out of range, it forces my character to walk forward until it can leap onto my clicked location. Positioning is too important to have my character walk forward instead of just leap to max distance. He could be walking into a really bad spot.

"But he could leap into a bad spot.", you say? Not when I have a feel for the distance a leap will travel. Under the current system, I have to have mouse pointer precision. I can't flick my mouse in a panic and leap away -- he'll just walk like an idiot. If instead he'd just leap to max distance, all it requires is a 'feel' for the distance, which comes naturally.
It is important ins some cases to land a specific point. Targeting an action at a location should perform it at that location if at all possible, including moving into range first if necessary. This is intuitive and consistant with how all actions in the game work.
If you specifically want to avoid walking to get into range, and perform the action as best you can from your current location, you can hold shift (or your preferred keybind) which does exactly that for any action.
Not entirely sure why'd this was buffed. It was suppose to be used as an opener and leaped into a group; or used as an escape. Now goat men are ridiculous and in terms of DPS, this does more than sweep now.
In game names:
Otium
Well people need to undertand that Leap Slam one of the few str based mobility and damage skill the other one is the Shield charge. Previous cast speed was 1.9s than they buffed to 1.2s after retarded amount of whining they nerfed back to 1.4s.

Str only characters doesnt have to have a decent dex to use other mobility/dmg skills(whirlwind attack,flicker strike,phase run etc) and due to its animation cd shield charge useless for those kinda hurry situations.

So stop whining about retarded goatman whine about monsters skill durations,buffs,cast and jump speeds.
Monsters using the same skill attributes as players thats what need to be change so think about the bigger picture do not whine like little girls think about those need that speed...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info