Flicker Strike

I really dislike the (relatively) new changes to Flicker Strike. While it was too powerful before, giving it a cooldown takes away an interesting mobility based build that a FS shadow was. Maybe the solution would be removing the CD, but giving it an attack speed penalty so players would have to invest in the stat to come back to teleporting all over the screen?

Using FS as a main attack was a fun and unique way to play and build your character. I hope that cooldown-less FS will make a return in some form :P
Last edited by Dispater on Aug 19, 2012, 8:37:06 PM
"
Dispater wrote:
Using FS as a main attack was a fun and unique way to play and build your character. I hope that cooldown-less FS will make a return in some form :P
The cooldown can be bypassed with frenzy charges. With a little effort a player can barely ever be restricted by the cooldown.
/hopes that one day the desynch issue that ninja-nerfs flicker will be fixed.
A lot of times the character doesn't flickerstrike to it's target but just runs up to it instead(with no active CD from previous uses).

Also, when you hit your FS key really fast, you can actually jump twice, with the first jump dealing no damage(might be a visual glitch).

You also jump to a completely different target sometimes, but I guess that's the desync doing it's work.

edit:
The running up and just hitting the target seems to happen when you try to FS from out of range, instead of running in range and using the skill the charakter just runs in completely.

Also: Got one char defaulted because I FSed through a wall to an enemy I didn't even know was there (together with his ~7 multi-projectile lightning shooting shocking friends) instead of attacking the one on the ledge in front of me.
Last edited by Unhold on Sep 5, 2012, 6:59:07 PM

I think the FS gem could use some enhancement.

-add a "Frenzy Charge" support gem, with is tied to Crits hits.

level 1 ==>every 10 successful crits, grant a temp frenzy.
level 20==>every 1 successful crits, grant a temp frenzy.

1% quality ==> level 1 frenzy
20% quality ==> level 5 frenzy

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
Unhold wrote:
A lot of times the character doesn't flickerstrike to it's target but just runs up to it instead(with no active CD from previous uses).

Also, when you hit your FS key really fast, you can actually jump twice, with the first jump dealing no damage(might be a visual glitch).

You also jump to a completely different target sometimes, but I guess that's the desync doing it's work.

edit:
The running up and just hitting the target seems to happen when you try to FS from out of range, instead of running in range and using the skill the charakter just runs in completely.

Also: Got one char defaulted because I FSed through a wall to an enemy I didn't even know was there (together with his ~7 multi-projectile lightning shooting shocking friends) instead of attacking the one on the ledge in front of me.

^

I like flicker because you can really get high dps on but man it destroys the game... because I attack really fast I move around fairly quickly and it feels like the game cant keep up with it .. after flickering for so much I get stuck on one mob and cant hit him. rubber-band is constant. I think I have to switch back to good old LS
Soooo...

FS seems to behave like this: You target an enemy, if it's in range, you flicker to it. If it's not, the game seems to check if there are any other enemies in range, and picks one of those (<might> be the one farthest away from you in range). If you are neither in range nor anything else, the char runs up to the target and taps it gently on the cheek.

Especially the part with the different target is irritating as fuck, since you can end up flickering to something in the complete opposite direction of your actual target.
So when can I expect to see this usable unarmed so my flickr witch and facebreaker the hell out of stuff?
IGN~~VellyBelly
Remove this spell from the game... its just a Faceroll spell that will dominate the pvp. Sincerely a Pro player
Always remember that this is a "BETA" and we are here to "TEST".
If I try to flicker anything that is out of range, my char walks up to that thing and basic attacks. He doesn't walk into range and then use it.

I think flicker strike would be a lot less frustrating if it targeted the thing closest to your cursor rather than just a random thing in range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info