Flicker Strike

The only thing I would like to change on Flicker Strike is the distance it takes to close in on the target.

I'm literally 2 inches on my screen from the target before I can activate the skill. I don't expect to FS a target from across the screen, but seriously, at that point I might just opt for up-close action and save the mana.

And coupled with the odd bug of not activating when pressed, I end up in the target's face anyways and then I have to resort to using CQC tactics/skills.

Lengthen the distance that FS requires (120-150%) and this skill will be balanced along with its cooldown mechanic.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
I have 60 MS average with the server.
I have over 300 dex, over 90% to hit.
My Shadow (Majora) is over level 30.
When I flicker strike, it seems to miss well over 25% of the time. As in, I teleport to a target, but it does no damage. I'm using a two-handed axe, I should be doing damage when I land on something, no matter how much armor they have.

Either Flicker strike's accuracy calculation is off, or latency is preventing me from my attack hitting my target - maybe they're moving, or I'm rubberbanding, or something-

When I shift+Q and don't select a target, I seem to not encounter this issue, but if I select a target with my cursor and flicker strike, I notice I'm missing A LOT. Way more than I should be.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
The thing is flicker strike is awesome for outmaneuvering alot of situations, like fleeing or entering combat, or flickering away from an atack isntead of dodging, plus the awesomness of its 140% of base damage, plus the crit multiplier, makes it a + skill for shadows for example.
Hey guys,
im using Flicker with my 2h Marauder and deal arround 25% more dmg per hit with it (4 frenzy charges & same supports) as with Heavy Strike. It also got a way faster attackspeed.

Since it got nerfed last update its still as strong as it was before if u use Blood Rage.

My idea is, to remove the "use Frenzy Charge to skip Cooldown" from Flicker and implement a new Support Gem with that ability, so Flicker-Useres still can play it the same way but with one less supportgem-slot.

This skillgem would be useful for other skills too, like Enduring Cry, sacrificing attackpower for more defence.

At the other hand it would be still usefull for those who use Flicker for traveling fast to mobs.

Comments would be great. (Especially Dev Comments :D)
Not really related to flicker strike, but can you guys point me to other skills that have a syngery with frenzy charges? Or is this it?
"
boof wrote:
Not really related to flicker strike, but can you guys point me to other skills that have a syngery with frenzy charges? Or is this it?

Frenzy itself.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Any less obvious ones? Saw one last night called Discharge.
The ones I know of are Frenzy, Blood Rage, Flicker Strike and Discharge.
Last edited by boof on Aug 15, 2012, 1:53:31 PM
Flicker definitely needs tweaking. Its too dependent on charges to be a skill of its own.
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
I've been also missing a lot with Flicker Strike as well, so much so that I've stuck an Additional Accuracy support gem on my Flicker Strike. I'm not sure if I've seen any improvement on actual hits.

A skill with a cooldown shouldn't be punished by having the skill miss 1 out 4 times. (Or at least that's what it seems to me.) That's really punishing and a waste of mana, especially on higher difficulties.

I will come back to this when my character is higher leveled and well into Ruthless to provide a more informative feedback.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
hi i have seen a problem when i was doing loot unfocused flicker strikes through spending frenzy. just before my character move the screen move in direction of mouse cursor and than to position of character. that was very confusing. after several flicker strikes it makes lot moves with screen and a get lost between enemies resulting in quick death. this occurred to me in public weekend so i don't weather it is fixed right now. now waiting for new payment option or for invite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info