Flicker Strike

"
starsg wrote:

Not sure if this been posted.

There is a minor bug on this skill.

When you put into any zoom-in (other then the max Zoom-Out), when you cast the Flicker Strike skill, it causes the camera to max Zoom-out and then back to zoom-in again.

I dont think this is intended.

This is known. :) I play zoomed-in as my melee shadow almost all the time, so imagine my flip-out surprise when THAT happened.

"
zeto wrote:
Flicker was fine with charges. The problem was that charges were not fine.

I take it by this you mean Frenzy/Power/Endurance charges rather than the trap 'ammunition' style charge? I'm not hot on the idea of needing a second skill to make Flicker Strike work. I totally agree that build-up-->unleash should be the design philosophy behind Flicker Strike. It's clearly meant to be some sort of desperate or super move by its description. I have no doubt that the 'real' Flicker Strike in the full/open game will be quite different to what we can play today.

As long as GGG somehow allows the ability to execute four potentially lethal strikes in rapid succession -- I care not about what comes before or after, really -- then the skill as it is written will be done justice.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
when youre out if reach it donest atttack when it close in
I thought of a new way to "fix" FS.

What do you think of this: The damage dealt by Flicker Strike is proportional to distance travelled.

So, a point-blank FS should be doing roughly half of what it does now, while a full range one roughly 120% to the current numbers.

This way while not losing much steam becomes more situational and less usable as as a sustained attack, specially in PvP and against small, tight groups.
Simpler one still: raise the level req. It's not given as a reward until mid act 2, and yet it's a level 10 gem, making it completely twinkable.

Also, iterating how much I dislike this speed-based skill being usable by 2 handed weapons. Massive, massive dislike.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Simpler one still: raise the level req. It's not given as a reward until mid act 2, and yet it's a level 10 gem, making it completely twinkable.

Also, iterating how much I dislike this speed-based skill being usable by 2 handed weapons. Massive, massive dislike.

And a party of full FS players can take down anything in its path. The mobs just dont have time to react. Even the toughest rare with ES + life regen/leech dont stand a chance.

There should be a delay in the instant attack. I would suggest to convert attack speed to cast speed.
Or converting to reduced attack speed on thecurrent mod, only slowly increased as you levelled.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Ideas:
Consumes a frenzy charge if one is present, increasing the damage for that hit. If no frenzy charges, skill does considerably less damage.

-or-

Flicker striking exposes weak spots in armour/evasion during use. Character is considerably more vulnerable to damage while using the skill.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Jun 20, 2012, 2:03:59 AM
"
lukeiy wrote:
Ideas:
Consumes a frenzy charge if one is present, increasing the damage for that hit. If no frenzy charges, skill does considerably less damage.

-or-

Flicker striking exposes weak spots in armour/evasion during use. Character is considerably more vulnerable to damage while using the skill.

For each frenzy charge consumed, additional attack is performed with increased damage and attack speed. If target was random, each strike will hit random target as well. If there was specific target, each strike will hit that target

Would be cool to see this working as a powerfull unleash skill, not just spamable attack.
I think flicker strike would work much better and be easier to balance vs. other melee skills, if it functioned like Master Yi's Alpha Strike in LoL or D3's Monk Seven Sided strike

The benefits to this change are as follows:

1. Scalable by level/patches number of attacks per mob, per cycle of skill.

2. No epileptic seizure inducing blinking with high AS.

3. Scalable by level/patches travel radius limit from the initiation point of the skill.

4. Channelable ability: holding right click down could cause the skill to recycle until no targets within its attack radius or you run out of mana.

5. It would be a lot less random and look a lot more polished this way then it currently does now.

It could still retain much of its current functionality (and be safer because you wouldn't be randomly traveling all over the place) with this revamp if it was made into a channeling type spell. And save my brain from headaches.

Last edited by yuipo1 on Jun 22, 2012, 1:39:50 PM
This skill causes a lot of desynchs and rubberbanding for me.
same I rubberband like crazy with this move, thats why I am not going to use it until its fixed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info