Dominating Blow

"
gilbertweed wrote:
I have a question about dominating blow in combination with chober chaber. If I weapon swap out, will the minions last for the duration they were originally summoned for, or will their duration shorten, since the chober chaber is no longer equipped (15% less summon time)? Also, will their health / damage change if I swap or is it all determined the moment they're converted?
if something is created, the stats are then and there on moment of creation. minions don't use your stats but they are needed to boost thier own when they are made. they don't work like totems or traps, they have thier own defense and health but use your skills so they use your stats (every time a skill is used).
while not minion related, a similar situation happens with a buff. righteous fire can be casted normally then does NOT get changed if then swapped to searing touch unique staff, which boosts burning damage. buff is already "made" and is its own thing giving me something.

"
bromomaster wrote:
Yesterday i tried Dominating Blow for the first time (after finding a Meele Splash damage, was curious to see it at work) and there is a thing i wanted to ask:

The description says that it works "if an enemy is killed soon after being hit by it" but i actually could convert only the monsters i killed with it, not those who where hit and suddenly killed by sweep for example... is that a bug, or a known issue?
were you in a party or solo? because you cannot kill something "right after" a dom blow use in solo play without DoT or with theoretical godly attack speed. the timespan of that forgiving space of time is for when something else is also attacking your target and you struck but it was killed by something else, so you still get "credit".
After playing around with this skill gem, I figured I might as well post my feedback in here.

#1 Manacost is too high for a single target melee skill. 23 manacost at level 1 and rises to 44! at level 20

#2 Dominating 'debuff' is too short for solo play at half a second. You HAVE to spam Dominating Blow to get the creeps converted, even with a very fast weapon, but this is pretty much impossible because of the manacost.

#3 It's a lot of fun though!

I'd like to see small changes to either #1 or #2.
IGN: KaboomCrimsonEye
You don't have to spam Dominating Blow, though. You only need to land the killing blow; Culling Strike would make this a fair bunch easier, as would using a very hard-hitting weapon.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You don't have to spam Dominating Blow, though. You only need to land the killing blow; Culling Strike would make this a fair bunch easier, as would using a very hard-hitting weapon.

Right now, it's VERY difficult for me to get mobs below the treshold to finish them off with Dominating Blow. I either kill them too quickly with my other skills or have to autoattack them (doing this one by one even on white mobs gets old very quickly).

I could increase the damage on DB by adding even more support gems, but that will only increase the manacost even further.
IGN: KaboomCrimsonEye
Last edited by Cinerus on Apr 12, 2013, 9:42:53 AM
use firetrap or ignite foes with your strikes or poison arrow or viper strike or puncture or minions/totems.
A few tricks to dom blow.

1) Get your AS to be as close to 2 APS as possible without going over an atack time of 0.5s. This minimizes mana issues by maintaining 100% "debuff" uptime for the .5s debuff. This will reduce your overall potential DPS in exchange for not having crippling mana costs.

2) Reduced mana cost nodes are your friends. They're multiplicative with all other mana cost multipliers. Dom blow builds benefit greatly from them, and are one of the few builds to truly utilize them.

3) Auras rock. Auras to increase your damage will also increase the damage of your new minions.

4) You want to hit as hard as possible but you don't want to freeze when you crit. Resolute Technique is a go-to node for any build, but it shines in a dominating blow build by making Hatred a much more viable aura. By removing miss and crit you can stack all the damage possible without worry, and you'll never waste your mana.

5) Melee Splash. Not only will it cause your dom blow to splash it will add splash to ALL YOUR MINIONS.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
The best gems i find for dom blow are these:

Dominating+increased duration+culling strike+multistrike+splash+(anything you want). With all the stuff for dominating blow you can have minions for 2minutes which is big...

If you are going cheap rout (lets say helm), best to go is prolly dom+increased duration+culling strike+ (multi strike or splash, multi is very good for finishing single target creeps splash is good for weaker more clutched monsters).
Last edited by NagiSoi on Apr 14, 2013, 7:03:30 PM
Dominating Blow + Melee Splash + Concentrated Effect.

From what i've read, this should work. And the tooltip does show it working, at least partially. Tooltip says "Minions deal 50% more area damage." Awesome. However, linking and unlinking CE doesn't change the main hand and off-hand damage, like it would when linked to other skills that work. I.e., it's not adding 50% more damage to the attack.

Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 96(Settlers GSF)
well melee splash doesn't list its damage of linked skill, just that it happens. the skill itself is still single target. its the splash that is unlisted damage amount, that gets boosted by CE.
Not sure if it's been said in here yet but the Minion Speed support does not seem to be working with Dom blow :/ Hopefully a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info