Dominating Blow

maybe both supports are overkill, maybe not. thats for each player to decide on thier own.

as for minion damage, things turned into allies will get the benefit but not this skill's damage coming from you. it IS increased "minion" damage.
k thank you very much
IGN ThundaBoom
Can't wait to try this with splash support gem.

Got a 5L which I'm gonna use for DB.

DB - Splash - Faster Attacks ((multistrike maybe, depending on how it works)) - Melee Physical dmg - Increased duration

My build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxth7jFhjPfxQUHy4jM8pLvZIXz9USedS7w653fIv1I8ZLift2WHz3ayqVw1yqVnz0iGRznzZwBqezbvtZp6QVacw-tKnhAHn974UIDbpHRQaODboUEckquNqj0bsODpSZKOHKRmFpwjQ0DrY378aVRps2t3ZC7iTm6HPZU3YLdJhIaasKpgMfffXVcaePIx2h2qE7xLhiEAQf8y8Fm-Bb5BsdO2i6saeEJeFYASzqZR67-9ORASqxBRN8B8CcYTZYEsyCaIAqWjKkGVNbmkl3wUtR36-pxv6q8XSTaQZvYHAD5krSOc=

Just waiting for tomorrow now :)

"
Gthunda wrote:
k thank you very much
the wiki states that it applies to the skill from you as well... but that definitely sounds like a bug.
makes me wish there was an item in the game to deal no range in damage, as in always one number instead of like 11-25. AND then find a monster that the community definitely knows the hp amount of to compare and test on.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Gthunda wrote:
k thank you very much
the wiki states that it applies to the skill from you as well... but that definitely sounds like a bug.
makes me wish there was an item in the game to deal no range in damage, as in always one number instead of like 11-25. AND then find a monster that the community definitely knows the hp amount of to compare and test on.
I think the wiki refers to the stat the skill gets as it increases its level and not any other support gems, cause that would be crazy ass op. Dominating Blow gets to 48% at level 20, so that applies to the skill. Increased Minion Physical Damage is the exact title of the stat on the skill. At level 20 increased Minion Damage is 77%, if that was allowed, then why is anyone using Heavy Strike. Really should just put it on there and see if the DPs goes up, which I doubt it will. I do not have a Minion Damage gem though.
IGN ThundaBoom
"
Eightkilo wrote:
Can't wait to try this with splash support gem.

Got a 5L which I'm gonna use for DB.

DB - Splash - Faster Attacks ((multistrike maybe, depending on how it works)) - Melee Physical dmg - Increased duration

My build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxth7jFhjPfxQUHy4jM8pLvZIXz9USedS7w653fIv1I8ZLift2WHz3ayqVw1yqVnz0iGRznzZwBqezbvtZp6QVacw-tKnhAHn974UIDbpHRQaODboUEckquNqj0bsODpSZKOHKRmFpwjQ0DrY378aVRps2t3ZC7iTm6HPZU3YLdJhIaasKpgMfffXVcaePIx2h2qE7xLhiEAQf8y8Fm-Bb5BsdO2i6saeEJeFYASzqZR67-9ORASqxBRN8B8CcYTZYEsyCaIAqWjKkGVNbmkl3wUtR36-pxv6q8XSTaQZvYHAD5krSOc=

Just waiting for tomorrow now :)

It looks like you build is lacking a little damage even for HC. Dominating Blow doesn't do that much damage. I think it might be better to get crit instead of RT so it would be possible to make up for the lack of damage, but who knows.
IGN ThundaBoom
Hi i'm looking for a nice build idea revolving around this skill, minions in general + this item:

any starting class will do, i was thinking a lot of hp to get to mobs and hit them without dying, minions doing most damage, use the new melee support gems,

I also have a 5L armor chest so 5L skill setups welcome
I have a question about dominating blow in combination with chober chaber. If I weapon swap out, will the minions last for the duration they were originally summoned for, or will their duration shorten, since the chober chaber is no longer equipped (15% less summon time)? Also, will their health / damage change if I swap or is it all determined the moment they're converted?
Yesterday i tried Dominating Blow for the first time (after finding a Meele Splash damage, was curious to see it at work) and there is a thing i wanted to ask:

The description says that it works "if an enemy is killed soon after being hit by it" but i actually could convert only the monsters i killed with it, not those who where hit and suddenly killed by sweep for example... is that a bug, or a known issue?
"
bromomaster wrote:
The description says that it works "if an enemy is killed soon after being hit by it" but i actually could convert only the monsters i killed with it, not those who where hit and suddenly killed by sweep for example... is that a bug, or a known issue?

"Soon" is "within 0.5 seconds". :)
It's there for kill-steals and Damage over Time more than chaining with different skills altogether.

"
gilbertweed wrote:
If I weapon swap out, will the minions last for the duration they were originally summoned for, or will their duration shorten, since the chober chaber is no longer equipped (15% less summon time)? Also Life.

Stats are determine upon Domination.

@Antistes: Get Culling Strike. That way, the low-end damage on Chober doesn't matter as much. Splash is pretty amazing, Duration is fun. Note that the support gems on Dominating also apply to the Dominated minions.

EDIT: inb4Soul.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 10, 2013, 11:04:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info