Eternal Orbs

"
levy42088 wrote:
So your hoping people will spend 300 exalts on a mirror of a sub gg item? I don't know.. Just speaking my mind.

"sub gg item" is relative to what exists in the current league. I remember when I first started playing someone mirrored a hybrid armor that kripparian crafted that wasn't even that good (ev/es?). I think the main reason it was even considered "ok" was because it was 6 link and had some life/resist. It has been a long time so don't quote me on it's exact stats but what I do remember is him laughing because the item wasn't really that great but for the time it was far better than other options.

My point is that you are looking at this from a standard league perspective and of course you will want to mirror the best which is unobtainable now. Nothing that is the best on standard is currently obtainable in the game... That's the entire reason the item became unobtainable in the first place.

Welcome to Legacy League.

P.S.
Anyone that is honest with themselves can admit that eternal orbs ruined this game. Particularly in standard where we now have 99% perfect items. It really is quite silly you must admit.
Last edited by Xagulz on Jul 6, 2015, 1:17:25 PM
Eternal soon 1:100 ex :)
GUILD ZA BALKANSKE IGRAČE : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1227661
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Discord"Voice ( dođite na mikrofon - Link za automatski invite ) : https://discord.gg/Q54KWUH
"
morbo wrote:
Core game != Standard. Core game = common mechanics that are present in all leagues, perma & temp. GGG doesn't give two fvks about Standard.
Casually casual.

"
Archwizard wrote:
I have to say that I don't think this is the right move.

Eternal orbs are a great crafting tool and should be more common, not removed. What needs to be removed are Mirrors. The goal of creating a totally awesome item for yourself is helped by Eternals, and is a worthy goal in a loot-based game. The goal of creating one to sell, or to try to get a copy of one someone else has made, is pretty lame.

Have to agree 100% with Arch here. Eternals are not the problem. The distribution method of them is the problem. Randomness isn't a good control factor, no matter what the rarity of something is.

Having found zero eternals - the loss of them won't affect my playing style, but whether the top traded items are 88% perfect or 97% perfect really isn't that critical either to the success of well built high level characters either.

Perhaps, Eternals could be account bound and any item crafted with them account bound?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
1) If eternals cease to drop, then just delete all existing ones from the game and be over with.

2) Exalts must be made as common as chaos now to give people incentive to craft. Otherwise there really is no point.

From now on, you will never ever organise a pvp competition on standard/HC. Or any kind of competition GGG wishes to design in the future.

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jul 6, 2015, 2:24:17 PM
BUMP to the mirror price.....

The prob is that peoples with money will craft new 6xt1 items in 2.0 using dunno 50-100-500+ eternals worth 15+ex each one... Who can afford that ? Anybody.

Mirror will grow up and became more mandatory than ever, but one day all eternals of all leagues will be gone. That day will be perfect to remove mirror also.

OR they could raise up the value of crafted mod via masters (not t1 obv but lil increased) and raise the price in exalteds, or exalteds will be useless soon without eternals. my 2cents

"
Eidanx wrote:
Pole.

And the rich guys are richer!

Old story bro.
"
Toorinroor wrote:
BUMP to the mirror price.....

The prob is that peoples with money will craft new 6xt1 items in 2.0 using dunno 50-100-500+ eternals worth 15+ex each one... Who can afford that ? Anybody.

Mirror will grow up and became more mandatory than ever, but one day all eternals of all leagues will be gone. That day will be perfect to remove mirror also.

Stupid question maybe, but when did mirrors become mandatory?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
so many quotes I had to spoiler them, but I really do think GGG should consider what people are saying in here, if you got the ability to make real changes that properly fix things with this expansion I think its worth doing it right...

100% misquoted. It is not my position that mirrors should be removed, or even that they are the problem. Read my post again or don't quote me.

The most important thing to take away from my post was:
The economy in standard will not change with the removal of eternals or mirrors because they aren't the core of the probelem. The core of the problem is the proliferation of loot caused by playing in a permanent league. New tiers address this problem (as they have never dropped before) but if new tiers are constantly being released we have a power creep problem instead. The only reasonable alternative if you want a "good" economy experience is to play the temp leagues.
I think the real issue here isn't that Eternal Orbs are required for crafting. It is that the currency value of Exalted Orbs is far greater than their value as crafting material. If Exalted Orbs had the scarcity of say Chaos Orbs or Augmentation Orbs, this change would be absolutely fine. The issue is, even if I got a Tyrannical roll on a Harbinger, then got super lucky and got a T1 crit roll with a regal, one Exalt can give it a 3-7 cold damage and it isn't worth the Exalt, let alone the Alteration Orbs I spent on it.

If they altered the scarcity of say Divine Orbs to equal what Exalts currently are and increased Exalts to that of perhaps Chaos or Regals, crafting wouldn't be nearly as effected. Now, this will have an impact on the economy, as Exalts are at a current value, but if GGG let people trade them for what is supposed to be the new currency at that value (say exalts can be vendored for Divines in the first week or two of the Awakening), the economy can transition back to where it currently is.
And now please remove mirrors and trading and maybe, this game at last will be, as should be.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info