Eternal Orbs

The duping of eternals for an unknown period of time contributed to them being really cheap and bountiful, thus making it cheap/possible for early crafters with some currency to make perfect items and profiting immensely.
As GGG became aware of the problem and clogged the loopholes, banning players and doing some witch-hunts against RTM'rs etc etc, the steady stream of (cheap) eternals came to an halt and left Standard with the situation it is in today.
I recall meeting players with 50-100 eternals to sell at once, and I thought that wherever they got them from it sure didn't make any sense considering the rarity of the orbs.
So those days of unlimited, cheap eternals went away and never came back, leaving a handful of wealthy crafters in control of the mirror service market on Standard.
As of todays decision to remove new eternal orb drops from the game, GGG is making amends from the mess they created, leaving the era of perfect crafts behind in a try to balance the game.
An era is over, we turn the pages towards Act 4, if it will be a new glorious beginning, or just the start of a another mess no one really can tell, as GGG's uncertainty is reflected in the statement

"
At the release of the next Path of Exile expansion after The Awakening, we'll review economic data and make a decision about whether they are restored or will continue to be disabled
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Great! Now please remove Mirrors! or change the way they works!
What balance, the game has never been balanced and will always be in favor gear wise of a trader.
Its a poor move with a bunch of other poor moves cause all i can really think is ggg love to make sweeping changes. My only remaining hope is that there is a divination card for eternals which is at the drop rate that ggg actually want. Standard will always be dumpster particularly since master crafting Tri res gear is like 10c (and wrecked economy is also a cheap economy for anything but top tier gear). Meanwhile players made super phys dmg builds with 2 doryanis and everyone is super jelly of mirror gear.
They really needed to make eternal orbs not work anymore, when new ways to dupe are found the RMTer will cash in.
Legacy items are BS
So now the only way to stand out in this game is play on Challenge Leagues or focus on buying these super crafted items, Or pray u craft one of equal caliber without the use of eternal orbs, Awesome.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-7 days left on my 8,000 hour mute-
For everyone saying remove mirrors, think about it... Its in the company logo, they will never remove mirrors from the game. More likely they will change how they work.
Mirrors aren't an issue. With how rare they are, they do valuable things. The issue is the Eternal dupe allowed the flood of them to market and players were able to exploit it to create the items.

Without Eternals, the chances of crafting another Glyph Mark are nil. You might as well buy a lottery ticket and buy GGG with the winners, you have a better chance.
"
Lynxdragon wrote:
For everyone saying remove mirrors, think about it... Its in the company logo, they will never remove mirrors from the game. More likely they will change how they work.

If they had the mirrors drop a stat on the item base that is getting mirrored say that it cannot be mirrored again, that would fix a lot of mirror problems. And make that one time mirror stat so it could not be changed, eternaled over, or even scoured scoured off, that would fix a lot of mirror problems.
Legacy items are BS
Quite stupid change, hoarders stored thousands of eternals anyways, im pretty sure we will see some new 6t1 items pretty soon ;D. And all those ecstatic shouts about "no more 6t1 perfect items on top of trade" srsly? entropy razor\glyph mark not going to fade anywhere guys, theyre still exist, and maybe its not so fancy anymore due to higher tier mods but still a beast weapon which everyone would like to have. just can't get the point of this shit.
Wan'na kill me? Do it faster!
"
Soulsniper wrote:
"
Lynxdragon wrote:

If they had the mirrors drop a stat on the item base that is getting mirrored say that it cannot be mirrored again, that would fix a lot of mirror problems. And make that one time mirror stat so it could not be changed, eternaled over, or even scoured scoured off, that would fix a lot of mirror problems.

If a Mirror essentially worked like a Vaal orb, but with only the corrupted status?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info