Static Strike

"
"
Am I right in thinking the beams aren't melee damage, so passives like "25% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance" won't affect them?
As a followup to this, I tested the Fortify support and found that the beam hits do refresh the Fortify buff (whereas, for instance, the Smite area damage doesn't). I can't confirm the critical strike case directly, but to me that implies the beams are considered melee hits. That was a surprise, I expected the mechanics to be more like, say, Wild Strike's effects, scaling on Attack bonuses but not Melee bonuses.

I can confirm this, the beams do refresh/prolong the fortify effects.
It actually makes it a pretty good gem to run (since your running into a pack and not actually attacking yourself, with the run & attack playstyle of the gem).
"
ACGIFT wrote:
Yes, an account with zero characters or achievements, telling others to "git gud." If you gotta hide your actual experience with the game while insulting others, that tells us all we need to know about your actual experience; or rather, lack thereof.

Anyone with any capability of using PoB will know what you claim is patently false anyhow: the DPS on it is abysmal no matter how you build it. I actually -am- using partly what you claim for the build, and it's still worthless. Boss DPS is around half of pre-nerf, and pack clear while moving is far inferior, as it no longer one-shots even trash mobs.

What does your tooltip say with that 484 dps 6socketed 6linked Doomsower?
Move on guys, GGG just made yet another worthless trash, we have to wait 2 years more for the next rework.

I bet this shit has some design philosophy behind, 'flaws' etc.
Last edited by SomethingWonderful on Sep 9, 2018, 1:54:07 PM
"
Move on guys, GGG just made yet another worthless trash, we have to wait 2 years more for the next rework.

I bet this shit has some design philosophy behind, 'flaws' etc.

Its fix-able though.

1 Double beam aoe range
2 give beams +1 chain built into the skill
3 Slight base damage increase (for the melee portion of the attack)
"
Belzak55 wrote:
New Static Strike is aweosme, LMAO! I'm using it on maps, and I'm literally walking around stuff and they die in secs...

Pretty much exactly what I'm feeling about the new Static Strike, hence why I said it might get toned down...

I'm using it with Smite, and I'm completely destroying everything around me in just a matter of secs. I'm using it with Increased Duration + Increased Area of Effect, and it's amazing. (well Smite alone is enough to clear trash mobs, but still... Static Strike will mostly kill everything around you that remains alive.

I love using it before opening a strongbox, then just what everything getting zapped and die around me in just 3 secs or so.

This is, of course, just my personal opinion based on my experiences with the skill, and if feels like it needs more buffs, then you surely won't find me complaining about it, lol.
Something I thought would be greatly beneficial to the skill would be having chains at higher discharge levels.

At 2 stacks 1 chain and at 3 stacks 2 chains.

This means slower weapons get the immediate benefit of the auto attack hitting nearby enemies rapidly, while faster weapons gain an AOE chain clear quickly.

And / Or what some have said, MAYBE at higher levels add chains to the skills base function.

I am currently running a freezing Static Strike with dual touch of anguish. It's fun, it's got decent clear speed solo. Sadly when I tried to party with a friend, dps wise with BV he blew me outa the water and I couldn't maintain frenzies so i couldn't chain, and when he went support, the added difficulty suddenly had a massive drop in my clear speed (and I have at least 50 cold pen, with more on the way.....).

Plus its brutal being fully depending on the chains of my gear at full frenzy, and without them my clear speed is depressing. I have a few different build concepts I was working with on it, but those are nich concepts and not something the average player might use.

All in all its fun, but needs some work.

Add 1 chain per discharge level past the first please.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
So sad about the rework of Static Strike that I might not even push from 99 to 100.

@#$% this "rework", TencentGGG...

While I could understand the need to explore new ways to improve "old skills", the current version is so lackluster, that a further buff to the initial melee hit by effective DOUBLING the current value would at most bring it to the "before rework" level.

If they continue to keep the current version, there is needed a severe buff to it's damage output as all the time spent fighting bosses at least doubled.

I would prefer more damage on the initial melee hit, and better scaling of "effectiveness" of support gems, while keeping levels similar to current ones for the static arcs.

And I have a feeling that the "30-45% reduced duration of Static Strike" enchant needs to actually become useful, as right now it does 0 for the skill, beside making it last 2 seconds instead of 4 (the enchant should at least make those damn static arcs hit enemies at 0.2/0.15 sec instead of the current 0.3 sec interval)...

Yes, I know I'm one stubborn casual n00b hoarder, but the "1K meme balance team" really missed the mark with the QA regarding the Static Strike rework.

It has enough potential to be awesome, but right now, the only saving grace is that I actually use a 551 pDPS one handed mace + a close to perfect Doryani's Catalyst and I'm still able to manage T15 bosses with my beloved main RT dual wielding Juggernaut.

This is really such a slap in the face of every Static Strike user that actually preferred it as a main skill instead of Lightning Strike - heck, moving Lightning Strike as my main renders a better experience compared to the current Static Strike one regarding single target, and before the rework that wasn't the case...

I played Static Strike a couple thousand hours, and I just leveled an Ascendant to 85 (still leveling) from scratch with Static Strike as a support skill and I could get behind the current rework, but something needs to be done regarding the damage output, not to mention that before, I could have easily dispatch larger packs (the explosion with 2 passive point investments had a size that allowed me to hit at least 10-12 monsters, and now I have to wait for the static arcs to hit those that are further away).

Why not add a static explosion at a damage penalty sufficient to buff the skill to the single target damage from before the rework, but make it affect a 16-18 radius around the character, and keep the static arcs as they currently are to still encourage a more mobile playstyle? That would bring back it's single target usage to at least on par with the previous experience and would prevent a further buff to those arcs and stop the focus on solely the new mobile playstyle...

Either way, this epic fail is making me less inclined to further support TencentGGG, as they can't seem to "get their ^&*| together" and make up their minds regarding single target namelocking melee skills and their intended purpose... Hopefully, they will improve this dire situation before 4.0...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Sep 21, 2018, 1:40:39 AM
The beams from static strike do not melee splash, is this a bug?

They are single-target melee attacks for every other purpose, so I don't understand why they aren't splashing.
jsdf
In anticipation of 3.7.0, could someone look quickly at adjusting the beam buff sound effect to something more subtle? Perhaps something with a less regular rhythm?

Right now the sound effect drives me crazy, and I would love to play this skill for the melee patch.
So with the new 3.7 multistrike I assume static will get the 80% more modifier basically all the time in the pulses. Run into a pack single attack hits 3x last hit has 80% more modifier and now the pulses are based on that last hit correct? If so that takes multistrike from one of our worst supports to our best support. Should be a nice damage boost ( also free chain! I am looking forward to using static with coc srs berzerker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info