Static Strike

Some questions i pmed to a couple of devs,no answer yet

1.What modifiers directly affect the 2 stages damage ?

Correctly if i'm wrong and add the ones i missed:

Initial Strike - Melee,Lightning,Elemental

AoE - Area Damage (Lightning and Elemental ? Do such modifiers double dip ?)

2.Can the AoE crit (or proc things like chance to cause ailments)

If yes,does it crit if the initial hit/hits crit/caused ailments,or does it check for it individually ?

3.If i use Melee Splash,do all the damage i do in stage one gets counted for stage 2,or just the one dealt to the main target while the splash dmg is not taken into account ?
explosion is still part of the attack, i might be wrong and it can be "secondary" based but not from how i'm reading.

that said, it keeps the damage and adds in AoE modifiers. thats only difference.

as for crits, yes it can crit, its part of the attack, the entire skill only rolls once for crits. however both the melee strike and the explosion are "hits" so calculate separately for those sorts of effects, got it?

as for melee splash... good question.
The explosion is, as per usual, entirely separate from the Melee Attack. It rolls its own Damage and has its own modifiers. It deals Melee Attack Damage in an AoE. Even if the Melee swing deals zero Damage (ex. Blocked), the explosion still hurts.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 17, 2014, 8:13:41 AM
From Rory

"The secondary hit has the same crit roll as your primary hit, so if your first hit crits, so will the secondary explosion. The secondary explosion is just like you performing a second aoe attack, so it is affected by Melee damage, lightning damage, etc. in addition to AoE bonuses, based on your weapon damage (rather than the hit damage)

Melee Splash only applies to the first single hit, not the secondary explosion."
i'd like to point out that i was closer to correct this time than viper *sticks tongue out* XD
before edits...
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 18, 2014, 6:08:29 AM
Do the explosions work with LGoH? If so is there an effectiveness penalty attached to the explosion?
Peep
Yes.
No.
Wanted to do a Glacial Hammer Templar, but I wondered; Given Three Dragons and sufficient Crit, would Static Strike maybe be better?
Saves on the EP, so that's a slot for more damage.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Wanted to do a Glacial Hammer Templar, but I wondered; Given Three Dragons and sufficient Crit, would Static Strike maybe be better?
Saves on the EP, so that's a slot for more damage.

Glacial Hammer has built-in chance to freeze.
Not sure were you want to find sufficient crit for your Static Strike Freezes. But as "crit better everything else", it's probably also the same here.

So you are trading "Glacial Hammer + Prolif gemslot" for "Static Strike + 3dragons helm slot".
Not sure if worth it.
But you can go for it, sure.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 19, 2014, 6:57:05 AM
I made a build around this skill and it is amazing.
Incoming nerf is to expected I think.
I only hope they only nerf the explosion and not the build up of static electricity. The explosion makes everything so OP. I would be totally confortable with 50% less damage for the explosion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info