[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hello Sovyn and all Lazy folks!

First I would like to thank Sovyn for this great build. :)
Can see the long history behind it.
I started playing with Lazy pally from 3.4 and now I'm getting back to it.
I am not new to POE but kinda new to the end-end game.

I'm having few difficulties and the major one is that my DPS is kinda low. I've tried one T12 map and it took me a while to kill the boss. Another example is my incursion - I cant kill an architect and unlock a door. Have to choose cuz I dont have time for both.

Another problem I believe I have is the low HP. I can't get more than 3.7K.

Currently I'm using the Tectonic setup.

Can you please suggest some possible solutions especially for the DPS? How do people have so much damage with this build? I think I'm missing some key stuff here...

How to get more HP? I have some on my gear and I'm 86 lvl.
Is my tree ok?

Is my gear sucking that much? Do I need another significant unique item? Or to replace some of my current rares?

I was thinking to anoint my Stone of Lazhwar with "Deflection". Is that a good idea or should I go for something more offensive?

Well basically whats wrong with my pally ? :)

Here is my PoB:

https://pastebin.com/mTVmf30k

Last edited by alxndr_ on Dec 11, 2019, 6:37:21 PM
"
alxndr_ wrote:

Missing ancestral warchief, you'll go from 625K to 738K peak DPS there. I get a bit over a million peak, check the guide uber example build. You can do it!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
alxndr_ wrote:

Missing ancestral warchief, you'll go from 625K to 738K peak DPS there. I get a bit over a million peak, check the guide uber example build. You can do it!

Thanks for the hint!
I've included ancestral warchief but i think its again too low. I know its lvl 1 but still

From PoB my effective DPS is just 150K with ancestral,hatred,punishment.

https://pastebin.com/DvdWbr83

Its far away from 600-700K. I think I'm missing some key thing here... Can you please take another look :)
"
alxndr_ wrote:
Its far away from 600-700K. I think I'm missing some key thing here... Can you please take another look :)

This is just an issue of not clicking the right buttons in PoB.

Tec slam relies heavily on endurance charges. So you have to go into configure and click the box 'do you use endurance charges'. 150k -> 250k

You have a 14% chance to shock. (with blue nightmare probably 19%, power charges...) So, click 'is the enemy shocked'. 250k -> 358K

Now I like death rush better than romira's. Switch then click 'do you have onslaught' 358K -> 397K

Items tab, you'll be better off using those flasks a lot. So, tick the box next to lion's roar and atziri's. Maybe you can get a better lion's roar too. for now, 397K -> 564K

If you got a taste of hate instead of one of the blue flasks, 564K -> 641K

Are you on concecrated ground..... of course... 696K...

So we are around 700.

More if you can get to swagger then 817K in theory but probably not in practice.

That should give you some idea.

https://pastebin.com/WBVAYjXR

Also for defense you'll want to get a blue nightmare.

You can get some more block from a better corrupted lazhwar.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 12, 2019, 8:00:22 PM
Ohh I feel stupid not paying attention to those stuff in POB.

Thank you for opening my eyes ! :D

When I've added the ancestral warchief and played around with the 4L setups I can definatelly say my gameplay improved significantly !

Which node you think is a good anointing target?

I think I'll go with Deflection as its a cheap option or at least I have the oils..
It gives good amount of block
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Uberdan's build seems to be the goal

https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/PoEDan79/DanDelveTwoK?i=0&search=skill%3DCyclone

skills
Cyclone (21 / 20)
Infused Channelling (19 / 20)
Pulverise (21 / 20)
Fortify (21 / 20)
Melee Physical Damage (21 / 20)
Elemental Damage with Attacks (20 / 20)

Not that tectonic slam didn't get boring after awhile...but is it just me or does switching to cyclone feel less satisfying/not as strong?
"

Not that tectonic slam didn't get boring after awhile...but is it just me or does switching to cyclone feel less satisfying/not as strong?

Maybe, I still haven't decided myself, although I did switch the build examples to cyclone. It may clear slightly faster due to being more mobile. The nice thing is the build works great with any melee skill so we have tons of good choices.
Is this a generally fun and easy to start build for a "new" player.

I've tried a few times to get into PoE but usually join too late in a League so I want to try and get into this one.

I usually like to play melee/tanky builds and the theme of a Templar always clicks with me most.

I'm mostly looking to just play and have fun leveling and doing some maps later rather than hardcore farming etc so I'm just looking for a fun melee build to play with more of a "coolness" factor than anything.

Would this be an overall fun build to play and mess around in or would it be a little too "1-note"?

It seems a little hard to find a decent 3.9 melee build especially with Templar since all the boss buffs so I'm just hoping to find one that's more fun to play than a hardcore farming build.
"
Horsepox wrote:

Would this be an overall fun build to play and mess around in or would it be a little too "1-note"?

You can definitely make this build fun to play, just choose the melee skill you like the looks of, they all will kill monsters with this build. I chose cyclone for the most recent build examples, recently I used tectonic slam and it is strong, or molten strike recently was improved by the developers.

Also, you can focus on placing your warchief well and using your flasks consistently for a busier, more optimized clear speed.
Hi. Your guide is excellent. Well written. I have an issue though. I love cyclone but it has made the consecrated ground buff obsolete because cyclone is always moving. Wouldn't Jugg ascendancy be better and more tanky with cyclone and your skill tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info