[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

So, looking at the skill tree, and trying to make a Scion. Would you recommend the Inquisitor passive and Gladiator, perhaps?

The main downside I see is that you lose two jewel slots and a +6% life (or no jewel slots and around +20% life) in exchange for extra life regen, and you trade the ES regen and the Consecrated Ground Lingers effects of Pious Path for a block chance increase and a chance to blind enemies from Gladiator. But you get pants.

Or would another passive work better than Gladiator?
Last edited by AielloA on Aug 8, 2019, 12:57:39 PM
"
AielloA wrote:
So, looking at the skill tree, and trying to make a Scion. Would you recommend the Inquisitor passive and Gladiator, perhaps?

The main downside I see is that you lose two jewel slots and a +6% life (or no jewel slots and around +20% life) in exchange for extra life regen, and you trade the ES regen and the Consecrated Ground Lingers effects of Pious Path for a block chance increase and a chance to blind enemies from Gladiator. But you get pants.

Or would another passive work better than Gladiator?

Gladiator is possibly best but I don't think the scion is outstanding in general. For pants just use a chainmail as in the uber gear example (worse stats are fine or even a 5link which is almost free).
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 8, 2019, 2:14:38 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

You are SSF which is the hardest as far as gear. So don't expect too much :) If you can find a better shield with 30 block that would help, and lose those jewel sockets (no point for SSF) and maybe a 5 life node or MoM and get command of steel asap. If you need to remove MoM, it's OK. You'll still have life leech, you'll be fine. For damage, don't expect too much from a 4-link, but you could try concentrated effect which works well with tectonic slam. Eventually a 5-link chest should drop for you. Keep at it, there are some doable gains to be had.

I switched to tectonic slam from Vaal earthquake between asking you to look and when you responded and oh my god, tectonic is SO much better. T5 is quite easy now. I can’t freaking get t6 to drop lol
"
Sovyn wrote:
Gladiator is possibly best but I don't think the scion is outstanding in general. For pants just use a chainmail as in the uber gear example (worse stats are fine or even a 5link which is almost free).

That's fair enough - the main issue is that I just plain like Scion, but I can always look for a different build for her.
Question has been answered and this post can be removed.
Last edited by lanarkscottkay on Sep 8, 2019, 9:07:13 AM
Additional question:

I'm running two auras -- Hatred and Herald of Ash -- and enjoy doing so. But since I'm using so much mana (75% reserved), although I rarely run out of mana, does it make Mind over Matter much weaker?

Thanks!
"

I'm running two auras -- Hatred and Herald of Ash -- and enjoy doing so. But since I'm using so much mana (75% reserved), although I rarely run out of mana, does it make Mind over Matter much weaker?

Yes that's why nowadays I either run herald of ash and herald of purity or hatred for 50% reserved. Either way is fine.
Hmm... Suspicion confirmed.

So what do you think -- time to augment the Max Block Templar with poison skills and/or minions in 3.8? :-)
Last edited by lanarkscottkay on Sep 9, 2019, 6:48:32 AM
Build works fine so updated guide to indicate 3.8. If anyone has input on current strongest melee skill to recommend, let me know.
Hello, first of all thanks for the time you spent on the guide, it's usefull and very nice explained :)

I was wondering if someone is using it in 3.8, since i'm using it and, dunno, i think i lack something or it lacks something or maybe it's me that want to do things that the actual gear isnt up to.

Let's say that for the last 3-4 leagues i played arc, following Enki's guide (enjoyed it) then this time i wanted to go back to some sort of melee and found Lazypally.

Any tips about my gear or opinion from other ppls using would be really appreciated :)

PS: maybe the passive tree might seems messed up but it's me atm toying with or without MoM.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info