[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Today I learned, thanks for fast answers as always, love the build!
HC only
Last edited by riseohspirits on Jan 8, 2019, 5:15:38 PM
Hey there!

Thanks a lot for the guide Sovyn, it's very detailed and easy to understand. That said, I feel like my character is not as powerful as it could be and it is increasingly frustrating me. The thing is, I have more than 250 hours played on Path of Exile and I feel like I'm just slowly starting to understand some basics... I usually end up quitting a league after a few days/weeks because I feel like I'm not progressing and I don't understand why. This time, I decided to learn anything I can to get better and make the game more enjoyable.

I'm currently able to do T10 maps (except the occasional one shot from the syndicate but based on the subreddit, I'm not the only one :P), but I feel like I'm slow and my gameplay feels clunky.

I'm sorry to ask such a broad question, but does anyone see any obvious mistake that I could fix to improve my character?

Thanks!

PS: The character in question is TemplumyToo
"
DrThum wrote:
I'm sorry to ask such a broad question, but does anyone see any obvious mistake that I could fix to improve my character?

Use atziri's promise flask and frequently.

Maybe LS is not for you - try different attack skills. Something else might appeal. If so, throw lion's roar into the mix also. I haven't tried LS without the full uber setup, I might try blade flurry with more modest gear as recommended in budget and premium setup.

Also try aegis.

Finish uber lab.

Hi, thanx for the post and all the effort u put in to explaining everything. I used your guide and created the build that kept me safe and relatively easy to complete most of the content.

However, now I am stuck, I am playing maps 1-10 and it looks i am fine but on higher tiers I get 1 or 2 shot'ed and I stagnate on my XP, and I don't think I can go on higher tier maps with my stats.
I am using cyclone as a main skill and i have to face-up bosses which makes things even worse.

Only thing I know is that I have to go on belly of the beast, but I don't have enough to by 6-link good one. So i would like advice on what to improve.

gear:

flasks:

tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnBIcEswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRQgFE0VIBiRGj4aVRuXHM4j0ycvKYsqOCtQMPgx-zJOMtE26DdHOtg8LT0PQKBDMUVHRZ1JT0z_TUZOKlBHUWBTUlZIW69fP2EhYuxlp2ebaPJrrG8ndO12K3fleTl673t0ffV-4n_jgDCAioKbg1-DzITvhTKPmZBVly2aaprgm26ce57NogCnCKcwqZWsr64-rlCu_69sr6e3PryfvKrAZsC_wYLE9sau0TbYJNi92sHdDd-G4izkUenV6-7sOO1h7w7wH_Iv8wb3Tfnd-6r8S_4K_lQ=?accountName=Zmjia&characterName=Zivota

I would much appreciate advice where to go from here

Best
Alex
"
Zmjia wrote:

However, now I am stuck, I am playing maps 1-10 and it looks i am fine but on higher tiers I get 1 or 2 shot'ed and I stagnate on my XP, and I don't think I can go on higher tier maps with my stats.

Best
Alex

I would strongly suggest to upgrade your gear, IMO The spell block uniques (stone of lazhwar and rainbowstride) are really weak this patch, since spellblock got gutted. You can easily search for some better rare amulet and boots. The rings can be upgraded to, look for 70 plus life for each one. Try and find a Stygian Belt with life and resistances.

Lastly, try and farm the Uberlab 0.6 attack damage leech boot enchant, is a great sustain tool.
"
Since I'm playing with Aegis Aurora (more fun than playing with The Surrender imo) the guide tells me to link Molten Shell (I'm basically following the "Premium Setup") in my CWDT setup and I'm a little confused. Is the armor and damage worth it? I don't get what I gain from this gem.

I'm trying to build it and as I see the builder removed the blood rage couse the es can not regenerate while in it. To open frenzy charge I change tje molten shell with coldsnap :/
Xbox Molten Strike Lazy Pally. I am using physical to lightning in my last slot on my six-link but I am wondering if fast attacks might actually be better, damage-wise. Doing ok, build-wise, and I am beginning to understand the build better like when I can face-tank and when I can't. Passive advice since I am Molten Strike is welcome also. Using Scaeva and Aegis. I have pretty good gear for my level and don't really have any complaints. I don't have enough chromes to try to get all reds and a single green right now so am hoping for some input for MS lazy pally concerning passives and faster attacks vs phys to lightning. Up to T9 maps and level 88 and really loving the build. Hoping to grind for a Loreweave but they are really expensive. Stil, I don't feel it is out of reach this season!

EDIT: Should mention that I followed the defensive build passives faithfully and have taken Blade of Cunning and Holy Dominion so far. As my gem, I am using a mana regen unique as my jewel (all I had) but think I might be able to comfortably try to switch to the recommended reckless defense jewel.
Last edited by Caurlann on Jan 14, 2019, 4:40:38 PM
"
kesmen wrote:
"
Since I'm playing with Aegis Aurora (more fun than playing with The Surrender imo) the guide tells me to link Molten Shell (I'm basically following the "Premium Setup") in my CWDT setup and I'm a little confused. Is the armor and damage worth it? I don't get what I gain from this gem.

I'm trying to build it and as I see the builder removed the blood rage couse the es can not regenerate while in it. To open frenzy charge I change tje molten shell with coldsnap :/

Molten shell IMO adds very little. I understand the logic behind Aegis Aurora, but The Surrender (and the Reckoning skill it grants)+ Riposte/Vengeance and Life gain on hit, gives a lot of survivability. It also let's you run Blood Rage. I recently switched to Lycosidae, since the Block procc isn't activating as often as before (because spell block is really hard to get now) and since we're a Crit based ascendancy, having 100% accuracy is a huge damage boost (because when you roll a crit, the game makes another attack roll to determine if it's a crit or not).

"
Caurlann wrote:

EDIT: Should mention that I followed the defensive build passives faithfully and have taken Blade of Cunning and Holy Dominion so far. As my gem, I am using a mana regen unique as my jewel (all I had) but think I might be able to comfortably try to switch to the recommended reckless defense jewel.

I would be cautious with Reckless Defense, since it got changed last patch, sadly losing a lot of the bonus it provided. Maybe try and find/craft an abyss jewel with life/damage/bonuses.
Last edited by sligh16 on Jan 14, 2019, 5:48:34 PM
"
Zmjia wrote:
However, now I am stuck

You need safety range and more DPS. So blade flurry (max dps) or lightning strike (safest, kill from off screen) as suggested in the example builds at the bottom of the guide.

More of a focus on life on gear, you could get some on rings, boots, belt, amulet, etc.

It's fine too to get dps and life instead of spell block on amulet and boots as the other poster suggested.

I might investigate changing out that axe for a scaeva or varunastra.
"
kesmen wrote:

Blood rage works with the budget setup, or budget setup with surrender. However, less tanky in some situations, ...it's really not needed as good DPS is possible without frenzy charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info