[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi Sovyn,

Loving the build so far. Just a quick question with MoM. As soon as I took this point, my mana is getting drained straight away (from incoming damage). I have pruchased a Wurms Molt and have a mana leech ring, but this doesnt seem to be helping. Any tips?

Thanks.
Hello!
I'm doing my first playthrough of POE using this build.
I'm enjoying it but I have the same problem as bugsy2126.
I've used refund points to remove "Mind over matter" shortly after getting it.
I have ~4 times more HP than MP which means that when i drop to 1/2 of total HP then my mana is gone.
no mana => no damage => no regen
no mana => no movement skills => no escape
no regen + no escape => RIP :(

Also, why do we ignore huge regen bonus from Consecrated Ground and go for Vaal Pact? My character feels more fragile since I obtained Vaal pact node
"
bugsy2126 wrote:
Loving the build so far. Just a quick question with MoM. As soon as I took this point, my mana is getting drained straight away (from incoming damage). I have pruchased a Wurms Molt and have a mana leech ring, but this doesnt seem to be helping. Any tips?

It's not a problem I'm experiencing. Are you running only hatred? Have you taken the mana leech nodes on the tree yet? If you are doing ele damage you won't leech with the mana leech items. Also, you'll want to get your labs finished up for the mana regen.
"
wojtek_xd wrote:
My character feels more fragile since I obtained Vaal pact node

Feel free to leave it off, personal preference. I find it helpful for endgame bosses to regain all life back fast. Maybe at lower levels the life regen is better.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
bugsy2126 wrote:

It's not a problem I'm experiencing. Are you running only hatred? Have you taken the mana leech nodes on the tree yet? If you are doing ele damage you won't leech with the mana leech items. Also, you'll want to get your labs finished up for the mana regen.

I haven't taken the mana leech passives yet, your guide has MoM far before any leech passives. I assume you mean Spirit Void down near Vitality Void?

I was running Hatred and Herald of Ash, but even just with Hatred a few big hits was taking all my mana. Maybe I'm too squishy?

Thanks

Edit: What attack skill would you recommend? Blade flurry over LS?
Last edited by bugsy2126 on Jan 7, 2019, 3:24:42 PM
Since I'm playing with Aegis Aurora (more fun than playing with The Surrender imo) the guide tells me to link Molten Shell (I'm basically following the "Premium Setup") in my CWDT setup and I'm a little confused. Is the armor and damage worth it? I don't get what I gain from this gem.
HC only
"
bugsy2126 wrote:
What attack skill would you recommend? Blade flurry over LS?

Maybe your attack skill is using too much mana for your level. Try blade flurry or molten strike. LS is definitely an advanced option, not the highest dps, it's more for safety.

Definitely drop HoA after getting MoM. You can wait for mana leech nodes, take them early, or just make sure you are doing physical damage so your leech items actually work (don't convert it all to elemental).
"
riseohspirits wrote:
Since I'm playing with Aegis Aurora (more fun than playing with The Surrender imo) the guide tells me to link Molten Shell (I'm basically following the "Premium Setup") in my CWDT setup and I'm a little confused. Is the armor and damage worth it? I don't get what I gain from this gem.

Anything we put there short of an active spell will be very minor so this little buff is fine.
Is Damage on Full Life good with Lightning Strike if I'm playing Aegis Aurora? My DPS seems to be higher with it. I'm subbing Maim out for Damage on Full Life, or is it just not the best skill to mantain Full Life? I'm going Lightning Strike since it seems like the safest gem to use with Varunastra setup (playing HC) and I have Varunastra and 6L so the deeps is there.

Melee Physical Damage gives me the highest tooltip DPS (even higher than Damage on Full Life). I'm confused why Maim is the best in the slot.
HC only
Last edited by riseohspirits on Jan 8, 2019, 2:46:09 AM
"
riseohspirits wrote:
Is Damage on Full Life good with Lightning Strike if I'm playing Aegis Aurora? My DPS seems to be higher with it. I'm subbing Maim out for Damage on Full Life, or is it just not the best skill to mantain Full Life? I'm going Lightning Strike since it seems like the safest gem to use with Varunastra setup (playing HC) and I have Varunastra and 6L so the deeps is there.

Melee Physical Damage gives me the highest tooltip DPS (even higher than Damage on Full Life). I'm confused why Maim is the best in the slot.

melee physical damage doesn't work for the projectiles and that safety range is the whole point. The tooltip for LS is irrelevant.

Damage on full life is good but when you need the dps the most it won't be there. Great for mapping but not bossing.

Maim or Elemental Focus are the two best all around IMO for that last slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info