[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Clepetar2 wrote:
I noticed you replaced Elemental Focus Support (described in Lightning Strike skill section) by Main Support

More consistent damage possibly with ele focus but no shock. Possible higher burst damage with maim. Either one is just fine.
"
MerlinCross wrote:
Having some trouble with Accuracy.

I don't see 85% to 90% chance to hit as a noticeable thing at all. Maybe while leveling it dropped off a bit. What is your number on offence tab? You can take precision and/or versatility a bit early if you want (they are on uber tree) as these are pretty solid damage nodes.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 2, 2019, 3:01:33 PM
"
riseohspirits wrote:
Finishing up my HoA Jugg in HC betrayal and planning to try this build next. Any tips for HC version of this? Is bringer of rain viable for HC in this build? I have spare currency so I don't need to go that route probably Thinking about 5L Belly of the Beast and saving currency for The Surrender.

Belly would give you a few hundred more life, may or may not make the difference but it all helps. DPS will be noticably lower.

I would suggest taking MoM early and keep mana reservation to just hatred only or even just herald of purity until high level mapping. Keep plenty of unreserved mana.

Taking the leech nodes early can't hurt also.
"
Caurlann wrote:
Xbox player here. I am really liking this build and have been using Molten Strike. I have made it to level 84 and have a question or 3. Using Scaeva and want to know if I should choose the damage nodes for my weap or pick attack speed. One of the things I have noticed is that it takes a bit for consecrated ground to kick in. I am using an attack speed/mana regen jewel right now (don't have a blocking jewel.

My damage is getting better for bosses and would like to know if I should gear for lightning strike or stay with Molten strike. I need more damage. As a console player, the reason I haven't chosen lightning strike is because I am unsure of whether or not it will automatically do ranged/melee or both.

Movement skill. Right now, I am using shield charge and it does seem to work well and fits the view of a shield pally. The only issue is keeping fortify up. Should I be using a different movement skill?

Last question. I am using reckoning for curse with enfeeble but also had another four-link that was doing nothing so I added another 4-link riposte but now the results seem to be hit and miss and my question is whether or not I can even run 2 curses at once based on curse on hit. I would love to be able to enfeeble and another curse on mobs.

I chose the suggested damage nodes as the best dps for the points. Probably won't do better other than some big bucks rare jewels.

There is a new option when you add a skill like LS to your attack bar to always attack without moving, it should be there in xbox version but unsure as I don't play xbox.

LS damage is lower than blade flurry or molten strike. Might try blade flurry if you want some range with good damage. LS is quite a drop off, but you can stand way back. Good for hardcore or high levels where dying is not an option. (Of course you still have to watch out for a few things)

Shield charge is OK, there is maybe a little more delay vs whirling blades, not ideal for Atziri and the like IMO, otherwise good. Don't expect to keep fortify up all the time.

You can't run two curses unless you have an item with +1 curse, additional curse.
Thank you so much for clarifying and for getting back so quickly!
"
I don't see 85% to 90% chance to hit as a noticeable thing at all. Maybe while leveling it dropped off a bit. What is your number on offence tab? You can take precision and/or versatility a bit early if you want (they are on uber tree) as these are pretty solid damage nodes.

It's sitting at 87% accuracy right now after taking both Precision and Versatility. I suppose it's more noticeable to me as the last several melee builds I've done took Resolute Technique.

Other than that, build is fine but I haven't gotten to maps yet. Gearing is a bit of an issue but I think I solved my weapon and am just messing around with different skills right now to see what feels right.
I am a little confused about counter attacks.

I am using 4 link reckoning, curse on hit, enfeeble, blind.

I have also been wanting to use another available 4 link for a different counter-attack and don't know what would be more complementary. From your build, it appears that you are linking 2 counter attacks in the same 4 link. Is this better? If I use another 4 link on another piece of gear will it work with vengeance or riposte? What support gems would be recommended.

I have been trying to research counter attacks and their supports and I am not very clear about them working together and how to do it.

EDIT: Will try riposte-ven-etc.. as listed in the build guide.
Last edited by Caurlann on Jan 3, 2019, 3:03:59 PM
"
Caurlann wrote:
If I use another 4 link on another piece of gear will it work with vengeance or riposte? What support gems would be recommended.

You can use two together, they just hit based on conditions, like if YOU take a hit, or if you block, etc. You can really only use one of each kind however. The three main things you can do with them are curses as you know, leech, or stuns/endurance charges.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 3, 2019, 4:24:25 PM
I am sure it is somewhere in the 700+ pages :) but not seeing it on the first 10 pages.

what pantheons do you suggest taking?

thanks
"
kendo3 wrote:
I am sure it is somewhere in the 700+ pages :) but not seeing it on the first 10 pages.

what pantheons do you suggest taking?

thanks

Soul of Solaris
Soul of Tukohama
v1tAm1n^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info