[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Caurlann wrote:
I am wondering if fast attacks might actually be better, damage-wise.

Phys to light is always more DPS due to also having weapon elemental support scaling.

If you really want to stay with molten strike, check out the Wildfire unique jewel.
I had Wildfire jewel so I tried it and am finding it very nice for my build. I had misunderstood about the "sockets in range" but found out there just has to be those nodes in the ring for it to work. I have a nice damage boost now and haven't lost any survivability. I do need a lot more health which will come with better gear as I save up currency and progress but at least I am hanging in there with leeching. Xbox prices are ridiculous for a lot of things.
Hello Sovyn!
I complained about "Mind Over Matter" and "Vaal Pact" a few pages earlier.
I take it back now. I decided to finish the base game SSF style but once I finished and upgraded my gear, this build yields satisfying monster-crushing gameplay :). Thanks! (I still die a lot on maps but I've got a lot to upgrade)

I have a side-question about getting money though:
I know about chaos vendor recipe: sell full set of rare items, each 60+ level.
It seems that rare rings are dropped rarely, and amulets are never dropped. Is there a way to increase rare amulets drop rate?
"
wojtek_xd wrote:
Hello Sovyn!

I have a side-question about getting money though:
I know about chaos vendor recipe: sell full set of rare items, each 60+ level.
It seems that rare rings are dropped rarely, and amulets are never dropped. Is there a way to increase rare amulets drop rate?

one option I have used is to go into the mines and look for the jewelry nodes. at deeper levels, you have pretty good odds of getting rare rings and amulets. also look for walls to explode, have found lots of jewelry boxes behind them
really enjoying the defensive capabilities of this build, exactly what I have been looking for in a sword and board character. have a couple of questions about increasing damage output as the main issue I have is killing bosses quickly enough.

I am using Scaeva with lightning strike, 6 link in a Tabula using the suggested gems. main question is with elemental focus. currently at lvl 18 so it gives +47% elemental damage but it prevents you from inflicting elemental ailments. most of the good skill nodes to increase our damage, like blade of cunning, increase damage with ailments. cunning adds 22% physical damage and 22% damage with ailments.

is it still worth it to pick up nodes like that for just half of what they provide? or would it be better to focus on increasing elemental damage like divine fervour?

also very possible that I am misunderstanding how skills like cunning work for + damage with ailments. so many nuances in this game to the interaction of skills, gems and equipment that I don't fully understand

another question about increasing damage. I haven't found any really good jewels yet but one that looks a little interesting is a poacher's aim that adds +1 pierce and 10% damage to projectiles, which should work with lightning strike. would this be worth slotting for now or better to go with damage nodes like blade of cunning
"
wojtek_xd wrote:

I get a lot of rare rings and enough amulets, here is a way to increase yield.... grab any rare items (two handers, bows, armour pieces) with some quality and use whetstones and scraps to quality them up to 20%. Then you make the most of your amulets and rings that do drop. Just basically kill more stuff, map bosses too on the easier ones. Whatever is easy for you to farm.

A properly configured item filter helps a lot here.

The fast way to get chaos is just to trade, obviously not for SSF.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 17, 2019, 1:25:34 PM
"
kendo3 wrote:
I am using Scaeva with lightning strike, 6 link in a Tabula using the suggested gems. main question is with elemental focus. currently at lvl 18 so it gives +47% elemental damage but it prevents you from inflicting elemental ailments. most of the good skill nodes to increase our damage, like blade of cunning, increase damage with ailments. cunning adds 22% physical damage and 22% damage with ailments.

is it still worth it to pick up nodes like that for just half of what they provide? or would it be better to focus on increasing elemental damage like divine fervour?

also very possible that I am misunderstanding how skills like cunning work for + damage with ailments. so many nuances in this game to the interaction of skills, gems and equipment that I don't fully understand

Even with shock elemental ailment and nodes associated, elemental focus does the most damage consistently. If you want that occasional boost from shock, use maim instead.

I wouldn't really suggest lightning strike without the full on uber build, so blade flurry is probably better for you for now until you save up the 15ex or so. Don't worry though, the budget build is very good. Blade flurry gives you some range (although less) and much better boss dps with the budget gear.

Note that physical nodes are usually better than elemental nodes due to how conversion works. See Optional Skill Tree Choices section on the guide for ideal damage nodes to increase your DPS.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 17, 2019, 1:33:56 PM
"
kendo3 wrote:
another question about increasing damage. I haven't found any really good jewels yet but one that looks a little interesting is a poacher's aim that adds +1 pierce and 10% damage to projectiles, which should work with lightning strike. would this be worth slotting for now or better to go with damage nodes like blade of cunning

Generally any of the damage node clusters recommended would be much better than all but the most uber rare jewels as a jewel socket costs 2 points. I wouldn't bother with jewels except maybe one reckless defence for the block (until uber build is attainable).
"
Sovyn wrote:

Even with shock elemental ailment and nodes associated, elemental focus does the most damage consistently. If you want that occasional boost from shock, use maim instead.

I wouldn't really suggest lightning strike without the full on uber build, so blade flurry is probably better for you for now until you save up the 15ex or so. Don't worry though, the budget build is very good. Blade flurry gives you some range (although less) and much better boss dps with the budget gear.

Note that physical nodes are usually better than elemental nodes due to how conversion works. See Optional Skill Tree Choices section on the guide for ideal damage nodes to increase your DPS.

thank you for the quick and detailed reply. I will give blade flurry a try. in your section on blade flurry, you recommend

Support gem options include Melee Physical Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Added Fire Damage, Physical to Lightning (reflect may be an issue), Increased Area of Effect, Concentrated Effect, Faster Attacks (shown on 'attack time' portion of tooltip only), Damage on Full Life Support (with Aegis Aurora), Increased Critical Strikes, Increased Critical Damage

I am planning on using Melee Physical Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Added Fire Damage, Physical to Lightning but undecided on the last support gem. was going to experiment with concentrated effect as bosses are the main sticky point for me right now but if the decrease in AoE slows down clearing packs too much, which would you recommend? could see one of the crit gems helping with boss damage but probably wasted for packs. faster attacks might help with both bosses and groups.

so far, reflect hasn't been too much of an issue. if it starts being one, I will consider switching out the physical to lightning slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info